CDC New Guidance For Vaccinated People

coffeebean

3 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

CDC is lifting some restrictions for vaccinated individuals. Things are looking brighter for those who have chosen to be vaccinated. My hope is that all who wish to be vaccinated will be vaccinated soon.

CDC New Guidance for Vaccinated People

Agreed! We're in the queue, just waiting for that text message and I'm getting my shots.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

Agreed! We're in the queue, just waiting for that text message and I'm getting my shots.

Just got back from taking my 84 yr old mother for her 2nd Moderna shot. While I was there, the staff asked me if I wanted to be put on a list to be vaccinated, if they had any extra doses. I said yes and was signed up. Then, about 15 min later, a staff member came up to me and asked if I wanted to get my 1st vaccine shot right then! I said definitely yes and wa-la, I already have my 1st Moderna shot done. 2nd shot will be in 4 weeks. I think things are looking brighter...

• Like 16

CDC guidance does not supersede requirements by federal, state, and local governments and cruise operator. Our office is in Texas, and despite the relaxation of mask and social distancing rules by the Governor, our office still enforces masks, temp checks, social distancing, and restrictions on the number of people in a group. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, farmersfight said:

Just got back from taking my 84 yr old mother for her 2nd Moderna shot. While I was there, the staff asked me if I wanted to be put on a list to be vaccinated, if they had any extra doses. I said yes and was signed up. Then, about 15 min later, a staff member came up to me and asked if I wanted to get my 1st vaccine shot right then! I said definitely yes and wa-la, I already have my 1st Moderna shot done. 2nd shot will be in 4 weeks. I think things are looking brighter...

I am so happy for you. We had a similar experience and both my son and i got our second shot 3 weeks ago. My local CVS were taking walk ins. We have a lot of vaccine here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Bonita232 said:

Hope this will mean if the cruises make being vaccinated mandatory Masks wont be needed on the boats!! **fingers crossed**

16 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

CDC guidance does not supersede requirements by federal, state, and local governments and cruise operator. Our office is in Texas, and despite the relaxation of mask and social distancing rules by the Governor, our office still enforces masks, temp checks, social distancing, and restrictions on the number of people in a group. 

Unfortunately, even in the face of recently released studies (past few days) showing that the wearing of masks vs. not wearing masks reveals no statistically significant difference in COVID-19 transmission, we see the CDC still stressing the wearing of masks.  To wit:

CDC Claims Mask Mandates Don’t Have Statistically Improved Impact on Spread of COVID Than No Masks At All – Will Therefore Continue Pushing Masks (https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/03/cdc-claims-mask-mandates-dont-statistically-different-impact-covid-no-masks-will-therefore-continue-pushing-masks/)

And "Thus, it is not surprising that the CDC’s own recent conclusion on the use of nonpharmaceutical measures such as face masks in pandemic influenza, warned that scientific “evidence from 14 randomized controlled trials of these measures did not support a substantial effect on transmission…” (https://www.aier.org/article/the-cdcs-mask-mandate-study-debunked/)

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, HuliHuli said:

Unfortunately, even in the face of recently released studies (past few days) showing that the wearing of masks vs. not wearing masks reveals no statistically significant difference in COVID-19 transmission, we see the CDC still stressing the wearing of masks.  To wit:

CDC Claims Mask Mandates Don’t Have Statistically Improved Impact on Spread of COVID Than No Masks At All – Will Therefore Continue Pushing Masks (https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/03/cdc-claims-mask-mandates-dont-statistically-different-impact-covid-no-masks-will-therefore-continue-pushing-masks/)

And "Thus, it is not surprising that the CDC’s own recent conclusion on the use of nonpharmaceutical measures such as face masks in pandemic influenza, warned that scientific “evidence from 14 randomized controlled trials of these measures did not support a substantial effect on transmission…” (https://www.aier.org/article/the-cdcs-mask-mandate-study-debunked/)

Yeah, I wonder why the CDC has their boot on the throat of the cruise industry (totally shutting them down) while ignoring the airline industry. Is it that less risky to be in an enclosed flying "tube", elbow-to-elbow with strangers than on a cruise ship?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, farmersfight said:

Yeah, I wonder why the CDC has their boot on the throat of the cruise industry (totally shutting them down) while ignoring the airline industry. Is it that less risky to be in an enclosed flying "tube", elbow-to-elbow with strangers than on a cruise ship?

I think I said precisely that on another thread. 😇

• Like 2

While the news regarding the impact the vaccine is having and the lightening of the rules showed promise that I will not have a 5th cruise cancelled it does give me pause.

Not to get to political but...  Florida has the most cruise ports in the nation.  Do you believe the Biden administration will do anything that will help the state's economy?  A state which has weathered this pandemic better than most states while having the largest susceptibile population and for all intents and purposes remained open the entire time.  And it has a Republican Governor.  

The dollars that will pour into Florida,  the number of people who will be able to return to work in the hotels and restaurants, etc. are not things that will reflect well on the democrats.

Oh how I hope I am wrong and the CDC will make scientific rather than political decisions.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, farmersfight said:

They are a mostly foreign based leisure industry, therefor the CDC is putting far less resources towards the cruise lines then other areas that provide a better return on investment for the USA tax payers. If we had a major cruise line that was USA based, I suspect there would be greater resources towards the studies.

Also, keep in mind, you are on a cruise ship far longer then any flight and exposure is based on time.

4 hours ago, farmersfight said:

I think air travel could be considered slightly more "essential" than cruising....

It's not just the US CDC that has put the kibosh on cruising while still allowing air travel. Very few governments are allowing cruising to/from their ports or allowing their citizens to travel for leisure, but most countries are still allowing some quantity of air travel.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Keith B. said:

While the news regarding the impact the vaccine is having and the lightening of the rules showed promise that I will not have a 5th cruise cancelled it does give me pause.

Not to get to political but...  Florida has the most cruise ports in the nation.  Do you believe the Biden administration will do anything that will help the state's economy?  A state which has weathered this pandemic better than most states while having the largest susceptibile population and for all intents and purposes remained open the entire time.  And it has a Republican Governor.  

The dollars that will pour into Florida,  the number of people who will be able to return to work in the hotels and restaurants, etc. are not things that will reflect well on the democrats.

Oh how I hope I am wrong and the CDC will make scientific rather than political decisions.

Hahaha! No politics, huh! Florida is ranked #3 in cases since January. 

More problematic for cruises is that destinations like the Caribbean islands have barely begun vaccinating residents through WHO donated vaccines. Currently, most if not all have a mandatory quarantine for air arrivals where you are restricted at various levels based on positive/negative test results. Some islands are going through curfews/lockdowns to control virus spread. So it really doesn't matter how quickly the federal government lifts restrictions if the ships have nowhere to go in this hemisphere.

Spring Break on Florida beaches is going at full steam with unlimited alcohol as an alternative.

Edited by IrieBajan54
add text
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HuliHuli said:

I think I said precisely that on another thread. 😇

Now that you mention it, I think I remember you did. Apologize for being a "copy cat"...

some cats just want to copy the other cats - copycat - quickmeme

Since we're in the Rat Pack, you can go ahead and replace the "C"s in CATS with "R"s.

1 hour ago, GA Dave said:

More excuses eliminated.

Pfizer Effective Against Variants

More good news, thanks for posting @GA Dave. Hopefully, the other vaccines (Moderna, J&J) are also effective against the variants. Studies are on going but it would be great if the studies eventually show that the vaccines also protect against virus transmission (spreading) to others. Then, if you have been vaccinated, no need for the mask anymore.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Keith B. said:

Politics has nothing to do with this. You can post, but you should leave politics out of this.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, derek005 said:

Politics has nothing to do with this. You can post, but you should leave politics out of this.

^^^I agree with this. There are so many statistics out there that you can practically prove anything if you look hard enough or cherrypick. Let's leave the politics aside, please.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HuliHuli said:

Not sure where you got this from, but it's totally false.  The CDC, WHO, AMA, and a whole host of other accredited health organizations have stated unequivocally that masks do indeed slow the spread of COVID.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, IrieBajan54 said:

Hahaha! No politics, huh! Florida is ranked #3 in cases since January. 

True, but Florida prioritized protecting the elderly (especially those with underlying health conditions) and opened the rest of the state up.

California on the other hand, completely locked down and is still locked down and has more cases than Florida, not to mention that California is #1 in the U.S. in cases (since Jan 21, 2020).

Shows that lock downs don't work.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_totalcases

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GA Dave said:

More excuses eliminated.

Pfizer Effective Against Variants

Took an elderly (80-ish) neighbor to get his shot last week.  While I didn't qualify for mine, the vaccine site said since I provided transport for my neighbor, they'd give me my first shot, too.  And, they scheduled me (and my neighbor) for the 2nd shot.  They were using Pfizer.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

True, but Florida prioritized protecting the elderly (especially those with underlying health conditions) and opened the rest of the state up.

California on the other hand, completely locked down and is still locked down and has more cases than Florida, not to mention that California is #1 in the U.S. in cases (since Jan 21, 2020).

Shows that lock downs don't work.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_totalcases

Humm, you might want to look into what data Florida makes available, it appears they have prioritized wealthy communities that have donated to the governors election committees.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1