Queen Elizabeth Q5. Corner aft suites

ScotsLady

Looking to book Australia/New Zealand cruise on Queen Elizabeth. Has anyone got any pictures of the balcony on Queen Elizabeth Q5. Corner aft suite.  And would you recommend deck 4,5 or 8? 

thank you

Irene

Hello Irene

I have cruised aboard Queen Victoria suite #5192 (it is not aft corner but just next to it) and should not be much different from the Queen Elizabeth suite you mention in your post. It might give you some idea how it looks like. It is a very large suite and very large balcony as well. We enjoyed it very much. Be just aware that it might not be an ideal suite should you be prone to seasickness. I hope you will get some pictures of the exact cabin you are looking for. Cheers.

DSC06833.JPG

DSC06836.JPG

DSC06837.JPG

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2021 at 8:18 PM, ScotsLady said:

Looking to book Australia/New Zealand cruise on Queen Elizabeth. Has anyone got any pictures of the balcony on Queen Elizabeth Q5. Corner aft suite.  And would you recommend deck 4,5 or 8? 

thank you

Irene

We have done Q5 on a few occasions. They are all fabulous - we have done both deck 4 and deck 8 so can recommend both!

• 8 months later...

We have an opportunity to book a Q2 on QE . It’s a good price and saves the long walk from our usual Q5 or Q6 . Any suggestions and comments regarding pros and cons would be appreciated. Special anniversary and 28 days 💑

9 hours ago, daisybel said:

We have an opportunity to book a Q2 on QE . It’s a good price and saves the long walk from our usual Q5 or Q6 . Any suggestions and comments regarding pros and cons would be appreciated. Special anniversary and 28 days 💑

We have sailed Q2s on both QE and QV and can't think of any 'cons' apart from an extra WC would be icing on the cabin!

On 3/10/2021 at 9:18 AM, ScotsLady said:

thank you

Irene

I live in NZ , and I get sea sick - I'll never cruise the Tasman Sea. Just a heads up - its like the Bay of Biscay but a lot worse 

5 minutes ago, lissie said:

I live in NZ , and I get sea sick - I'll never cruise the Tasman Sea. Just a heads up - its like the Bay of Biscay but a lot worse 

I've done it twice on Cunard vessels and am booked to do the crossing again next year. I didn't find it that bad. No worse than flying. Given Cunard only sail between Australia and New Zealand in the summer months, it's probably the gentlest it would be all year (volcanoes aside). As for which deck to have your cabin, I've had a cabin on deck 10 on QM2 at the stern, and on deck 8 midships on QE. Both fine. I think I've got a reasonable tolerance for ship movement but no-one I spoke to expressed any discomfort or concern either.

12 hours ago, daisybel said:

What could possibly be a 'con' in accepting a reasonably priced 28 mights in a Q2? I can't think of one. Q3 is very nice; I imagine Q2 could only be better.

Personally, I enjoy having a cabin at the far end of the ship from the dining room to ensure I get some exercise in during the day!

10 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

I've done it twice on Cunard vessels and am booked to do the crossing again next year. I didn't find it that bad. No worse than flying. Given Cunard only sail between Australia and New Zealand in the summer months, it's probably the gentlest it would be all year (volcanoes aside). As for which deck to have your cabin, I've had a cabin on deck 10 on QM2 at the stern, and on deck 8 midships on QE. Both fine. I think I've got a reasonable tolerance for ship movement but no-one I spoke to expressed any discomfort or concern either.

You just don't get sea sick - lucky you!  I've had friends who don't get sea sick get very ill on an Akl-Brisbane trip in Feb. Its cyclone season in the pacific - and although we're not in the cyclone zone we still get their remnants.  Before the recent Tongan tsunami we were on wave watch for 8m swells thanks to an ex-cyclone 

We sailed on deck 1 - and have the same cabin booked again. There is a huge difference in movement between deck 1 and deck 3 - so I can't even imagine being on deck 8 when it was rough. 

• Like 1