East Coast RCCL Dec. 24th - Jan. 2nd

2 hours ago, SSBrickNJ said:

We have tentatively decided to select Anthem of the Seas near us.

Dec. 2021 

Never been on that size ship before.

Our biggest was Explorer of the Seas.

Better than Voyager Class for cold weather sailings simply because there's two indoor pools, 270 Theater area and the Seaplex. Music Hall, Cafe 270. Its a great ship. Looks more like it belong to Celebrity than Royal.  

1 hour ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

The Anthem is a great ship that is particularly well suited to winter cruises from Bayonne.  We also live in Brick and find it very easy to get to the port and back. 

Let me know if you have any questions,

Tom

Thank you Tom!  Small world regarding you and I living in the same town.

32 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Better than Voyager Class for cold weather sailings simply because there's two indoor pools, 270 Theater area and the Seaplex. Music Hall, Cafe 270. Its a great ship. Looks more like it belong to Celebrity than Royal.  

Tell me about Seaplex please.

WOW...I'm excited! The Interior Cabins have screens that practically fool you into thinking you are in a Balcony Room. I read that if it is raining outside..it will show that....blue sky...it will show that., etc. etc.

Very cool!

13 hours ago, SSBrickNJ said:

We're from CT and usually do Anthem every Jan since Bayonne is so easy to get in/out of & a short drive for us. 

Anthem is great. You will have a blast. We are on the 11 night sailing leaving Jan 9th.

So nice to escape the cold winter and not have to fly... 

29 minutes ago, allisonb22 said:

We're from CT and usually do Anthem every Jan since Bayonne is so easy to get in/out of & a short drive for us. 

Anthem is great. You will have a blast. We are on the 11 night sailing leaving Jan 9th.

So nice to escape the cold winter and not have to fly... 

Since Anthem is such a big ship....so many passengers....how is the onsite parking situation at Cape Liberty Cruise Port? Will I have to arrive really early to get a spot or what would you suggest?

1 hour ago, SSBrickNJ said:

Since Anthem is such a big ship....so many passengers....how is the onsite parking situation at Cape Liberty Cruise Port? Will I have to arrive really early to get a spot or what would you suggest?

Yes you should get there early, otherwise there's literally a carline to get into the parking garage. One time we literally waited 40 mins on a carline to get into the garage. The line formed outside of the pier. 

You will get a ticket from a machine as you enter, usually at peak times there's a guy at the gate helping with giving you the ticket. At the end of the cruise there are machines right outside the entrance to the garage to pay for the parking. You can use a credit card. You will get the ticket back and put it in the gate on your way out.

I would advise getting there BEFORE 10:30am

Edit: We have no idea what the new check in procedures will be so we'll have to wait and see. You may not be able to park earlier than your check in time. There's no place for you to hang out and it's cold there,so we'll have to see how's it's all going to work out.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SSBrickNJ said:

Will I have to arrive really early to get a spot or what would you suggest?

just as @kwokpotsaid above- definitely get there early.

we usually get there around 9:30 or so. never had to wait long to get into garage or worry about large crowds. 

the line gets nuts. if you get there early enough though its really no problem. 

it will be interesting to see what happens when sailings resume.

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2021 at 7:03 PM, SSBrickNJ said:

Dec. 2021 

Never been on that size ship before.

Our biggest was Explorer of the Seas.

Anthem is a great ship.  You will love it.  We always love the bumper cars too!    Plus you dont have to worry about a long drive to florida in holiday traffic and the possibility of bad weather/messy roads in nj, pa, md, etc.

Nice time to relax and enjoy the holidays!  

Spring break maybe check out the sailings on grandeur ots out of barbados.  Some great new itineraries.

• Thanks 1

I actually have a Canada and NE cruise booked for September 30th from Bayonne on the Freedom. They haven't cancelled it but I don't think it will sail. We did a similar cruise 2 years ago on the Anthem from Bayonne and had a great time.

8 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I actually have a Canada and NE cruise booked for September 30th from Bayonne on the Freedom. They haven't cancelled it but I don't think it will sail. We did a similar cruise 2 years ago on the Anthem from Bayonne and had a great time.

I hope it will sail. More and more people are getting their vaccine shots. By Sept. 30th, everyone who wants a shot will have already received one. Why don't you think it will sail?

Edited by SSBrickNJ

23 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Yes you should get there early, otherwise there's literally a carline to get into the parking garage. One time we literally waited 40 mins on a carline to get into the garage. The line formed outside of the pier. 

You will get a ticket from a machine as you enter, usually at peak times there's a guy at the gate helping with giving you the ticket. At the end of the cruise there are machines right outside the entrance to the garage to pay for the parking. You can use a credit card. You will get the ticket back and put it in the gate on your way out.

I would advise getting there BEFORE 10:30am

Edit: We have no idea what the new check in procedures will be so we'll have to wait and see. You may not be able to park earlier than your check in time. There's no place for you to hang out and it's cold there,so we'll have to see how's it's all going to work out.

I am thinking of trying this lot next time I sail out of Bayonne.

https://www.bayonnecruiseparking.com/

10 minutes ago, soremekun said:

I am thinking of trying this lot next time I sail out of Bayonne.

https://www.bayonnecruiseparking.com/

When I fly out of Newark Airport I use the off site business called "The Parking Spot" It's a mile from the EWR airport.

What you are considering is the CRUISE VERSION of that. Your idea is the same principle.

It's seems like a good idea and I will look into it and consider it as well.

Thanks for your post 🙂

Edited by SSBrickNJ

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 8:45 AM, SSBrickNJ said:

According to Cape Liberty website parking is guaranteed for cruise passengers.

http://www.cruiseliberty.com/directions_parking.html  but I agree it get very busy but they are very organized.

On 8/12/2021 at 5:45 PM, cruise1957 said:

According to Cape Liberty website parking is guaranteed for cruise passengers.

http://www.cruiseliberty.com/directions_parking.html  but I agree it get very busy but they are very organized.

Thank you!

We once cruised out of Cape Liberty and park on site. It was fine. After discussing the situation off this forum with someone.....and after thinking about it on my own....I likely WILL park directly AT Cape Liberty 😉