EU to Create Joint Vaccination Passport

capriccio

20 hours ago, sanger727 said:

And as we move into the digital age they become more and more essential.

I am coming around to your thinking.  I need to do some researching, shopping, etc.  Better to do it now before I HAVE to do so.  I am thinking that getting boarding passes for a cruise or a flight or even an Amtrak trip:  a smart phone may be required and may be the only way of getting those passes, eventually.  

My smartphone thru Tracfone cost me $59.99, and I pay as I go for data, talk, and text.  Costs about $7 - $10 per month.  A smart phone is so much easier than a flip phone.  Only drawback to Tracfone is there's no service outside of the US.  I may switch carriers for that reason.  

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

I am coming around to your thinking.  I need to do some researching, shopping, etc.  Better to do it now before I HAVE to do so.  I am thinking that getting boarding passes for a cruise or a flight or even an Amtrak trip:  a smart phone may be required and may be the only way of getting those passes, eventually.  

I know we can't recommend travel agencies here, but we can recommend cell phone MVNO [Mobile Virtual Network Operator] brands. These are the brands that sell cellular service and hardware for less than the actual carrier's "rack rate"

Mrs Bear and I currently use Consumer Cellular [on the Sprint/T-Mobile network] with an AARP discount. Our bill for 2 lines, sharing 3 gig of data is $49 / month. We can enable/disable international roaming to suit planned port visits.

1 hour ago, TheOldBear said:

Mrs Bear and I currently use Consumer Cellular [on the Sprint/T-Mobile network] with an AARP discount.

I am a Consumer Cellular customer on the AT&T network with the AARP discount.  For one line, I am paying $17.99/month.  No international service; but that is rarely used, although I would like to have that because I have some friends in Canada and Australia with whom I would like to speak more often than we do.  

As I said in a previous post:  I need to do some researching.  

Thanks for your post.  I appreciate the information.