UK Cruise restart May 2021

philsuarez

The wait for news is doing my head in! Need to make an informed decision about which line to commit to but proving very difficult. My preference would be a YC sailing but if that doesn't happen then I might have missed out with P and O or Princess. Come on MSC spill the beans!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigRoger said:

I rashly said to DW that if MsC put Virtuosa in Southampton this summer I’d treat her to Yacht Club...... errr now thinking I may have misjudged that statement... she is contacting travel agents to see if they know anything......

I said the same thing... Albeit to myself.... I'm sure I will regret it when the time comes round. But if I'm not flying anywhere this Summer/Year, so that's how I will justify the extra cost! 🤣

Now let's hope they come out with some announcement and details soon. The Princess "Seacations" launch tomorrow. I have so far managed to resist booking Britannia/Iona from P&O, but not sure how long I can hold out! 🤣

I am seriously considering a Princess but ideally want 7 nights at beginning of summer not the end. Sods law that I will commit to a 4 night and then Virtuosa will arrive in Southampton! Magnifica does not interest me so much 

Edited by philsuarez
  • Like 1

Very much on the same page!! Have just been on the Princess website doing dummy bookings and hovering over the confirmation button. But keep stopping myself from booking anything because I want the confirmation what MSC are doing.

Plus I have seen rumours now for NCL, and one of the ships mentioned there was Encore, which would be pretty cool!

7 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

About to be announced by Celebrity..........sailing on Silhoette..........

26 June 2021: 3 Nt All Inclusive UK Coastal Mini Cruise f

29 June 2021: 4 Nt All Inclusive Mini Cruise with Glasgow 

3 July 2021: 6 Nt All Inclusive British Isles  (with Greenock, Belfast and Portland)

9 July 2021: 8 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Inverness, Kirkwall, Belfast, Portland)

17 July 2021: 6 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Inverness and Belfast)

23 July 2021: 8 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Kirkwall, Inverness, Liverpool, Portland)

31 July 2021: 6 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Inverness, Liverpool)

06 August 2021: 8 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Liverpool, Greenock, Kirkwall, Inverness)

14 August 2021: 7 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Inverness, Belfast, Portland)

21 August 2021: 7 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Inverness, Kirkwall, Greenock)

28 August 2021: 7 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Liverpool, Portland, Belfast)

I'm looking at this as a positive - if MSC are any slower releasing their cruise schedule, there will be fewer passengers left to book.

Disney have now jumped on the bandwagon as well.

8 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

About to be announced by Celebrity..........sailing on Silhoette..........

26 June 2021: 3 Nt All Inclusive UK Coastal Mini Cruise f

29 June 2021: 4 Nt All Inclusive Mini Cruise with Glasgow 

3 July 2021: 6 Nt All Inclusive British Isles  (with Greenock, Belfast and Portland)

9 July 2021: 8 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Inverness, Kirkwall, Belfast, Portland)

17 July 2021: 6 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Inverness and Belfast)

23 July 2021: 8 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Kirkwall, Inverness, Liverpool, Portland)

31 July 2021: 6 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Inverness, Liverpool)

06 August 2021: 8 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Liverpool, Greenock, Kirkwall, Inverness)

14 August 2021: 7 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Inverness, Belfast, Portland)

21 August 2021: 7 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Inverness, Kirkwall, Greenock)

28 August 2021: 7 Nt All Inclusive British Isles (with Liverpool, Portland, Belfast)

I'm looking at this as a positive - if MSC are any slower releasing their cruise schedule, there will be fewer passengers left to book.

Do you know if excursions off ship will be cruise line only?

Guest BigRoger

Well got to be honest that I’m pretty disappointed that MSC didn’t formally announce (anything) today.... they had such a good window to blow people away with Virtuosa before RC and X share their intentions (if any)..... be interesting to see who jumps forward before Easter....

Edited by BigRoger

On 3/27/2021 at 8:43 PM, philsuarez said:

I took the plunge with a 4 night Princess as it was only £50 pp deposit. I can always convert this to a future cruise credit or book another short cruise especially if its Virtuosa!

Your wish  🧚‍♀️ is granted. It’s Virtuosa !!

• Like 2

LOL - is it sad that when I saw the news, I thought of you Philsuarez and your willing it to be Virtuosa.  I think I'm also in for this at the end of summer and have also got the new Seashore booked at end of Oct.  Excited to be booked on cruises that might actually happen 😉

Is this of any assistance!!!!!!!

MSC Virtuosa to sail her inaugural season around the British Isles from May 20 from Southampton, replacing MSC Magnifica, sailing to ports such as Portland, Liverpool, Greenock and Belfast. Sailings are available to UK residents only, both vaccinated and unvaccinated.

MSC Virtuosa will initially operate six mini-cruises from Southampton, including a stop in Portland, followed on June 12 by seven-night sailings - where guests can also embark in Liverpool and Greenock - that also call at Belfast.

Sales open on Thursday. Antonio Paradiso, Managing Director MSC Cruises UK & Ireland, said: 'I am personally very proud to be able to bring our newest ship MSC Virtuosa to the UK so that our valued British guests are the first to experience this incredible next generation ship.'

Four-night sailings start from £499 and seven-night cruises from £849, including premium drinks package and tips. Further details and prices of shore excursions will be made available when sales open.

Details and prices of shore excursions will be released when sales open. Guests must have Covid-specific travel insurance. Non-vaccinated guests must provide a negative test taken within 72 hours before boarding.

MSC Virtuosa, which introduces Rob the humanoid robot bartender, was previously scheduled to cruise in Northern Europe out of Germany, where she will be replaced by MSC Seaview.

I was so excited about this but pricing is totally out of sync with normal MSC pricing plus they are not offering YC insides. YC balconies are coming out at £3400 for 4 nights! Normal balcony is around £1500 for 4 nights in May. Seems very expensive considering I booked Club Class Junior Suite with Princess in August for £1440 for 2........however desperate to visit her.......doing my best to resist as I just don’t think the pricing is sensible!

2 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

We booked the inaugural 4N on an Inside and then the first 7N in a Balcony - neither YC as prices stupidly expensive.

Will keep an eye out each day in case any suddenly appear on a 5+15, 5+10 or even 5+5 deal so can claim back some £££

Looked this morning before heading out and thought the YC prices were an April Fool joke! Will wait until November and our Seashore sailing which cost far less than what is being asked for the UK sailings.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sidari said:

Looked this morning before heading out and thought the YC prices were an April Fool joke! Will wait until November and our Seashore sailing which cost far less than what is being asked for the UK sailings.

I agree entirely, and notice not many of the YC cabins have been booked....still lots of availability. We seriously considered booking but, even taking account of Health discount I'd be entitled to, decided the rates are ridiculously high! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sidari said:

To give an example of how ridiculous the YC pricing is, we have a 17 night repositioning Seaview booking November 2021 from Barcelona to Fort-de-France, Martinique. The YC Deluxe Suite, before my healthcare discount and Voyager discount was £3220pp.

For the July UK cruise, 7 nights and only visiting Portland and Belfast, the same cabin category is £2799pp before the discounts.