Breakaway Deck 8 Balcony

BoozinCroozin

I tried searching and not able to find too much information. I have found bits and pieces. We are looking at a Deck 8 balcony room on the Breakaway. We currently are booked on it in April 2022, but the room change is negligible in cost. Looking at everything that is right down the hall from the room looks very convenient. Outside of the Lido deck (and slides), almost all of our time on the ship will be between Deck 7 and 8. It just looks to be a great and convenient location.

Anyone stay on one of these ships on this deck before with recommendations or experience?

I’ve stayed in the mini suites with large balcony, which are forward of the balconies on deck 8 and they are in an excellent position.

In the balconies you are slightly closer to the public areas, so the location is even better.

If it was me though I would also look at the large balconies on deck 9. If the price difference isn’t much then it is well worth the upgrade as the standard balconies are tiny. You are a bit further away though.

• Like 1

Deck 8 is super convenient to everything on Decks 6,7,8 if you are mostly an inside person and want to be close to restaurants and entertainment.  People who want to be close to the pool deck, buffet and spa will prefer the high decks - 12, 13.

One thing to be aware of - if you've never been in a forward cabin that is closer to the waterline. In moderate or rough seas, you could hear the crash of water on the bow at times. It's not a huge noise, but noticeable when it happens.  I took many Breakaway cruises from NYC and so this happens fairly often on the open Atlantic.  Also, if you are in your cabin for a tender port, there will be a gut wrenching noise when the anchor drops. It's helpful to know this ahead of time so you don't run into the hall in your underwear in a panic.  (heh heh)

This is the Getaway deck 8 big balcony mini suite.   They are big.  However, I felt kinda claustrophobic on it.  Unless you are sitting right up at the rail, the partitions block your view both left and right.  I actually didn't care for them.  However, the regular balconies on those ships are tiny.  

image.thumb.png.0b896b50fdaf35d638d6cb0d0f2b16f0.png

• Like 1

We’ve been on Breakaway a few times out of nyc. 

Deck 8 is good. Long walk down narrow hallway to forward stateroom. Balconies on the hump are larger. Shuffleboard is right below, so you will hear that. You will also hear music from the theater right below on deck 7. Convenient to bars and shops. 

We have also stayed on deck 10, around the corner from elevators. Much preferred that over deck 8. Much more quiet. 

Here is our balcony on deck 8. 

Miss the ships so much!!

1081EF5C-5E01-43F7-A0D0-F9003AF19ED9.jpeg

D38B5675-E0FD-40D6-952A-4495DAD46B3E.jpeg

Edited by meatball_nyc

Just to clarify for the OP.

Some of the replies on this thread are referring to the mini suites with large balcony, which are further forward on deck 8.

You appear to be asking about the balcony cabins which are located between the mini suites and the public areas. Don’t get excited about the balcony sizes of those mini suites, they are multiple times bigger than you will have.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. Balcony size at the end of the day is no big deal. I won't spend much time on it except for time/hyper lapse video. My wife will enjoy coffee. I could see myself having a cocktail on it late at night before bed, but that would be it.

Deck 8 is a great location for avoiding elevator wait time.  You can easily walk down one or two flights to get to many venues. 

My very favorite time for a deck 8 cabin is right after the Muster drills....easy escape from the crowd to get to your room😉     (Of course, future Muster drills might be in your room on the TV?)

• Like 1

We prefer being on deck 8 as we spend a lot of time at the bars and restaurants on the Waterfront. Also doing laps around the deck.  On the Breakaway Plus ships, we're close to the District Brewhouse where my husband hangs out while I'm getting ready.  Our next cruise we are on deck 9 in a Aft Balcony as we love those cabins and will still be one staircase away from deck 8.

• Like 2

Deck 8 balcony on the Breakaway is our favourite!

8154 is where we were last cruise in 2019 and was perfect,

Easy walk to all our dining spot, bars and entertainment.

This is the only deck we consider when booking this class of ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pixiedust777 said:

Deck 8 balcony on the Breakaway is our favourite!

8154 is where we were last cruise in 2019 and was perfect,

Easy walk to all our dining spot, bars and entertainment.

This is the only deck we consider when booking this class of ship.

We book 8758 on the other side. Almost exact same location. After thinking about where we will spend a bulk of the time while onboard (Lido, Deck 8, and Deck 7), we thought this would be a perfect location because we couldn't get the Lido deck. 

• Like 1

Been on Breakaway twice and had the same balcony cabin. We choose the 2nd cabin from public area.  No problem what so ever. Extremely convenient.  Family had the mini suite’s further down the hall. Qw are booked in same location if Breakaway ever sails again. BTW we chose same location on getaway. 

Edited by cruisinmeme
Added a word
  • Like 1

I’ll take any balcony stateroom at this point. Close to The Waterfront is great. Ok with me. Where is Elliott the awesome bartender at Shakers? That’s where I will be. Where is Dancho? Miss the ships and crew so much. Or Leon at the Vibe Bar. 

Bring back the ships!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

We always stay on deck 8 or deck 9 on Breakaway/Breakaway Plus class.   Love being close to the Waterfront and other venues.

Any issues with noise? I'm sailing on the Encore and the Theater is just below the Large Balcony Mini-Suites and that is why I didn't book it but have an opportunity to switch

4 minutes ago, zerooveride said:

Any issues with noise? I'm sailing on the Encore and the Theater is just below the Large Balcony Mini-Suites and that is why I didn't book it but have an opportunity to switch

We haven't noticed any noise, but we do stay 'out' late at night on a ship.   You could do a search for cabins in that area to see if anybody else mentions it for cabins in the area you are interested in.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, zerooveride said:

When do you go to bed/require quietude. I'm like @Sand and Seas and stay out late to enjoy the nite life on the ship.... I'm on vacation and looking for fun.  If you need your cabin area to be quiet, I'd recommend you choose a cabin which is located between 2 decks which house only cabins of fellow pax.  

Take care and hope you enjoy your cruise. 

Cheers🥂

Edited by All-ready2cruise
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

When do you go to bed/require quietude. I'm like @Sand and Seas and stay out late to enjoy the nite life on the ship.... I'm on vacation and looking for fun.  If you need your cabin area to be quiet, I'd recommend you choose a cabin which is located between 2 decks which house only cabins of fellow pax.  

Take care and hope you enjoy your cruise. 

Cheers🥂

I know the 2 floor rule. I just was interested in the info specifically with the Breakaway/Breakaway Plus. 

As for when we go to bed, it all depends. My wife does like to nap in the afternoons, me not so much, but I find I actually sleep less on the ship then I do at home because there is always something to do. I come back from vacation more tired then I left . . . lol!

I have just read that it isn't just a night issue. I read, somewhere I don't remember, that even during the day it can get bad because of rehearsals. 

• Like 1

I have stayed in the M6 rooms a few times, and we were often in our room fairy early when our son was younger.

It isn’t just that the noise wasn’t too bad, or anything like that. We literally never heard a sound from the theatre.

Maybe there are some rooms where you can hear it and we have always been lucky, but I wouldn’t hesitate for a second to book one of these rooms.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1