Royal sailing from Bahamas this summer

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I posted a link to you previously of a magazine saying you can go off on your own excursions.

Celebrity said what you quoted. Again I think its other sources jumping the gun and trying to grab headlines fast.

Unless it shows on a Royal or Celebrity site do not believe it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I believe it was in the press release and I also saw a video with M Bailey where he stated bubbles woukd be kept.

Do you have a link about Celebrity not requiring that.

Hi, the first press release definitely said that guests could freely roam... or words to that effect. 
However now changed to say Celebrity will offer a range of curated tours for all interests and price points at every port of call. Private Journeys and Small Group Discovery Tours will also be available for those guests preferring to explore the destinations with only members of their family or traveling companions.

37 minutes ago, little britain said:

However now changed to say Celebrity will offer a range of curated tours for all interests and price points at every port of call. Private Journeys and Small Group Discovery Tours will also be available for those guests preferring to explore the destinations with only members of their family or traveling companions.

.0That is what I recall both Royals and Celebrities press releases stating on Friday

7 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

I may have missed it, do we know the dates of the first and last cruises out of Nassau that will be available for booking?  Has there been any word if refundable fares will be available?

Thanks.

Tom

Sailings go on sale March 24.  First sailing is June 12 through the end of August.

I have no reason to think that refundable fares will not be available although the first couple sailings are already after final payment date and final payment will be very soon for the rest of the sailings.  Celebrity will not be offering group space and I doubt that Royal will either. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sailings go on sale March 24.  First sailing is June 12 through the end of August.

I have no reason to think that refundable fares will not be available although the first couple sailings are already after final payment date and final payment will be very soon for the rest of the sailings.  Celebrity will not be offering group space and I doubt that Royal will either. 

Thanks,  hopefully a bit more information will be available tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

I'm wondering if the end of August means there will be an August 28 sailing and what the airfare situation is.

There will be flights through Air 2 Sea available but pricing won’t be available until itineraries go on sale. We may not know the last sailing date either.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

.0That is what I recall both Royals and Celebrities press releases stating on Friday

From X UK - We monitor public health guidance daily and will follow the science and the recommendations of our Healthy Sail Panel of medical and public health experts to determine exact requirements prior to the resumption of our first sailings in June. We expect that our protocols will likely evolve as we work with local authorities to adapt to real-time public health standards. We will notify all guests of the protocols in place prior to their sailing and we will regularly update information as it becomes available at https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea

On 3/19/2021 at 5:38 PM, Vera/Lee said:

I saw Marc's post and some comments guessing Adventure. I'm hoping that it's good news for Harmony, but that's with my rose colored glasses on. Sadly, I'm getting used to being wrong with my glass half full attitude. -I really need a cruise!-

So....he is heading to Harmony!!!! I'm happy for his Mom, since he will be able to see her more. 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 9:12 PM, mets123 said:

Here's a new wrinkle to discuss. How are passengers going to embark and dis-embark?. Neither port has any type to building to handle these processes. Any depending on which pier the ships are docked at, how are they going to get luggage to and from the ship. Some are more than a quarter of a mile away. They are going to be shuttling the luggage and passengers walking on those narrow piers. And what away loading supplies and removing trash. The same problems exist. My best guess would be 15 to 20 , 40 to 50 foot trailers for supplies and another 5 to 10 for trash removal. Remember the narrow piers and at least a quarter mile away. And contending with luggage and passengers. How is this going to all work together? Let's hear your thoughts.

Does any of the other port that the ships will be visiting have better shore side infrastructure? I can't see Nassau being able to handle the influx of supplies and trash. I guess if the cargo terminal was open, that would provide the space, but there isn't the outside ramp/ elevator to have guest enter thru the atrium, so the embarkation and debarkation would be done thru the lower decks.

NCL is doing some fleet redeployment for ships that were for Alaska, I wonder if NCL will also send a ship to homeport in the Caribbean?  Also just read an article from the Bermuda Royal Gazette, a luxury cruise line plus 2 others are discussing homeporting in Bermuda. Would love to see Royal homeport in Bermuda. 

F8669BCA-DB84-4A34-A971-ED083A3AA6D9.jpeg