Final payment due date runaround

CineGraphic

We are booked on a July 3rd sailing, with a final payment due date of April 4.

A member of our roll call stated that he recently received a revised booking confirmation with a due date of May 1.

I just now tried to do a mock booking and the April 4 due date is still there.

My TA reached out to Princess today and the agent he spoke with asked the customer relations department and was told that they were not extending the final payment due date.

Now I don't know what to think. I wish Princess would make up their mind. It seems like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

1 hour ago, dog said:

If you intend to cruise just pay it. Other cc member might have an error. 

I intend on cruising, but I'm not sure Princess will be ready. Plus, if I pay in full and they cancel, there's no bonus FCC.

The passenger with the May 1 due date is booked directly with Princess, and he originally had the same due date as the rest of us, but was recently sent a revised confirmation with the May 1 noted.

Nobody at Princess can explain why, nor do they want to extend our due date.

29 minutes ago, dns65 said:

I booked a cruise sailing in late October in late February and it came with final payment at 90 days so I just assumed the 60 days is no longer being done. 

same with my latest booking it is 90 days. 

20 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

I intend on cruising, but I'm not sure Princess will be ready. Plus, if I pay in full and they cancel, there's no bonus FCC.

The passenger with the May 1 due date is booked directly with Princess, and he originally had the same due date as the rest of us, but was recently sent a revised confirmation with the May 1 noted.

Nobody at Princess can explain why, nor do they want to extend our due date.

sounds like an error for May 1st. Hope that person checks with Princess rather then having it cancelled on them. 

If your cruise is July 2021, there is a good chance it will be cancelled. I just saw a post that RCL cancelled their 2021 Europe season and they are giving compensation for those booked. 

personally, I wouldn’t pay final payment for this cruise. 
only you can decide what’s right for you 

For our 10 July Enchanted Princess cruise the balance due date is 11 April.

Like you, I want it extended by 30 days, but if it isn’t I’m prepared to pay it even though the likelihood of the cruise happening is doubtful.

With the announcement of Princess UK staycation cruises today it makes our 14 night Mediterranean cruise seem less likely.

I won’t move the deposit to one of those U.K. cruises though. Crap U.K. weather and a ship full of Brits frightens the hell out of me.

Edited by Esprit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, none of this matters anymore.

I emailed my TA to tell him to just go ahead and charge the final payment to the card we have on file on the due date. He was relaying the info to the folks who handle final payments, and they misunderstood what he was saying and went ahead and processed the payment.

What's done is done.

• Like 2