Who Thinks The CDC Should Update Their Travel Page?

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Because they are not vaccinated.  

I respect you've got a lot more insight into all this than I do, but RC is really going to have to better clarify (and by all indications they will) the actual testing requirements for those under 18 as it relates to boarding.

11 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

This is not the CDC being mean. Their message hasn’t changed since the beginning. Cruise lines are equally at fault. They had months and months to contribute their plans in conjunction with the CDC and didn’t do it. They responded with generic recommendations so the CDC was left to do all of the work. The CDC wants to know what the plan is when you have an outbreak and to ensure it’s controlled. A detailed contingency plan with service contracts in place when you need to port in the US with an outbreak on board. What happens Royal or Celebrity has positive cases pop up on these new cruises? Do we know? Bounce around port to port for days hoping someone will let them dock? Transportation? Hospitals? Quarantine facilities? 

I do not work for the CDC but I believe that CDC cruise requirements need to be updated in relation to the impact of vaccinations. And the CDC, according to Florida Ports and Florida representatives, has not been expeditious in responding to requests to restart cruises from the USA. Hence the letter from the Mayor of Miami. 

5D1DA071-B12C-452D-808B-580870FC7F21.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

I respect you've got a lot more insight into all this than I do, but RC is really going to have to better clarify (and by all indications they will) the actual testing requirements for those under 18 as it relates to boarding.

It was very clear in their press release, not sure what else you want. 

Travelers looking ahead to their summer vacations can book their roundtrip cruise as soon as Wednesday, March 24 and set sail starting June 12. The new itineraries departing through August, which will sail with vaccinated crew, will be available to adult guests who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and those under the age of 18 with negative test results.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I do not work for the CDC but I believe that CDC cruise requirements need to be updated in relation to the impact of vaccinations. And the CDC, according to Florida Ports and Florida representatives, has not been expeditious in responding to requests to restart cruises from the USA. Hence the letter from the Mayor of Miami. 

5D1DA071-B12C-452D-808B-580870FC7F21.png

Yes, yes and yes.  They are as slow as molasses in the update department.  Hopefully port cities and the travel industry in general will put pressure on them to act in a more expeditious manner. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Travelers looking ahead to their summer vacations can book their roundtrip cruise as soon as Wednesday, March 24 and set sail starting June 12. The new itineraries departing through August, which will sail with vaccinated crew, will be available to adult guests who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and those under the age of 18 with negative test results.

But yet in the FAQ there's no mention of needing a negative test result for those under 18. And the only reference to testing is in regards to the country's requirements.

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

But yet in the FAQ there's no mention of needing a negative test result for those under 18. And the only reference to testing is in regards to the country's requirements.

8 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I’ll give you that kids under 18 are not specifically mentioned in the FAQ’s however that document is not all encompassing and makes no reference to kids not requiring them.  

From the press release, Odyssey sailings and webinar with Celebrity all information clearly points to all kids under 18 needing a negative PCR test to board. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

It's still not clear to me if you need a PCR test to board, or just to enter the Bahamas. Based on the language, I read this to mean just to enter the Bahamas. I haven't seen anything that suggests RC will pay for your test( which is going to be free anyway in the USA), but just reimbursing you for the cost of the covid health visa.

I believe you pay for the test if its for travel.  I recall CvS website asking if taking test for travel or exposed to virus or feeling sick.  lf you have to pay for it for travel i think alot of people will lie and say possible exposure. 

Rcl should accept the pcr test that is done to enter bahamas.  The fact everyone will be vaccinated should be a big help.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm hung up on the rule for kids. If The Bahamas doesn't think it's necessary for my 9 yr old to be tested, why should the cruise line?

Because it is THEIR business, they get to make the rules.  If a 9 year old gets COVID he/she will most likely have very minor symptoms, if any.  A colleague's 6 year old son just tested positive from being exposed at his school, has no symptoms at all but he can pass it on to others.  They very wisely put their household in 14 day lockdown.  I definitely hope the cruise lines enforce ALL to be vaccinated, the 9 year old has many future cruise and/or other vacation opportunities ahead of him.

Edited by LGW59

5 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I am trying to find/clarify the Bahamas rules on entry testing for children. I did find that anyone flying into the USA, including children, will need a Covid test.  From the CDC website on air travel:

This Order applies to all air passengers, 2 years of age or older, traveling into the US, including US citizens and legal permanent residents.

1 minute ago, sandebeach said:

I am trying to find/clarify the Bahamas rules on entry testing for children. I did find that anyone flying into the USA, including children, will need a Covid test.  From the CDC website on air travel:

This Order applies to all air passengers, 2 years of age or older, traveling into the US, including US citizens and legal permanent residents.

Yes that's for entry into the USA. Entry into the Bahamas is only for those above age 10. But you don't need a PCR test to get back into the USA like you do entry into the Bahamas.

6 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Yes, and that says the negative PCR is only for entering the country (which in the case of the Bahamas only applies to those older than 10).  

Does one still need to have a test if the person plans to remain on the ship?

6 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm hung up on the rule for kids. If The Bahamas doesn't think it's necessary for my 9 yr old to be tested, why should the cruise line?

The cruise line is concerned about keeping their passengers safe on their ships. There is an awful lot riding on keeping their ships from having an outbreak of Covid. Having said that,  that has nothing to do with what The Bahamas deems is necessary to keep their citizens safe from Covid. We are talking about two completely different entities.

All my opinion, of course.

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There has been some conversation on this thread that everyone will have to be tested. The above verbiage does not say that.

I ask because, if an adult does not want to disembark at a port of call, then why would they need to be tested?

4 hours ago, pinnacleking2021 said:

i am really fed up with the cdc.... they need to let us live our lives geez........... one min they say we need to double mask than they say one mask or none at all than they say stay 6 feet away than 3 feet. like a bunch of clowns work at the cdc.. open the cruise lines...let us live our life geez..this is land of the free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new 3 feet directive is for children in school classrooms. The adults in the schools still must maintain 6 feet distance from others. As for the masking requirements, that gets a bit more involved. Those who are all vaccinated can gather in small groups without masks. That is the directive for no masks. Why don't you just research this stuff before you offer misguided information?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

There has been some conversation on this thread that everyone will have to be tested. The above verbiage does not say that.

I ask because, if an adult does not want to disembark at a port of call, then why would they need to be tested?

4 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Every guest over the age of 10 will require a negative PCR test to enter the Bahamas.  Every person under 18 who is not vaccinated will have to provide a negative PCR test for Royal.  

that accounts for every person. 

If you are referring to the antigen test prior to boarding, that was released by Celebrity and it will be provided at boarding as well as the day prior to disembarking and is provided at no cost to the guest and is mandatory.  I fully expect Royal to provide the same. 

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

If a 9 year old gets covid, but all adults are vaccinated, then what's the worry? Especially since most adults don't make it a habit of hanging out with kids they don't know on a cruise.

Because it is THEIR business, they get to make the rules.  Your nephew will be just fine not going on the cruise

5 hours ago, BillB48 said:

Perhaps they could just change the name to Continuously Deny Cruising?  Asking for a friend.

You have heard of COVID, have you not?  Or are you a Continuously Deny Covid reality person?  Asking for a friend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I fail to see why being tested is a problem. If testing, masks, or vaccines are a problem, then I would suggest staying home.

Well said and I believe the cruise lines will make that decision for them.  Free will and all...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Every guest over the age of 10 will require a negative PCR test to enter the Bahamas.  Every person under 18 who is not vaccinated will have to provide a negative PCR test for Royal.  

that accounts for every person. 

If you are referring to the antigen test prior to boarding, that was released by Celebrity and it will be provided at boarding as well as the day prior to disembarking and is provided at no cost to the guest and is mandatory.  I fully expect Royal to provide the same. 

Oh, I just realized where I went wrong with my thinking. I forgot the home port will be in Nassau, Bahamas. Duh!

• Like 1