Who Thinks The CDC Should Update Their Travel Page?

In a world where updating a web site can be done in seconds, why hasn't the CDC updated their travel recommendations since February 16th?  The information is stale and outdated.  

More importantly, why haven't they sent the cruise industry the much needed follow-up requirements to the November 2020 directive lifting the no sail order?  The 28 page directive was sent before the vaccines were available.  Now that 100 million Americans have been vaccinated and 4 months later does that change anything?  Apparently not.

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 7.43.07 PM.png

I think the CDC should be abolished and I am sorry but the new people cannot fix anything.  The old people had the way to fix things.  The new people do not even know who is in charge.  The CDC still has no idea what is going on and they feed the new media who are useless.  IMHO

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, twangster said:

Forget their travel page.  Who thinks the CDC should be abolished?  

The CDC is made up of many departments/units. I believe that the CDC department/unit that oversees the cruise industry has been given way too much power at this time. I wonder if it is possible to defund just one department of the CDC?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

The CDC is made up of many departments/units. I believe that the CDC department/unit that oversees the cruise industry has been given way too much power at this time. I wonder if it is possible to defund just one department of the CDC?

This is not the CDC being mean. Their message hasn’t changed since the beginning. Cruise lines are equally at fault. They had months and months to contribute their plans in conjunction with the CDC and didn’t do it. They responded with generic recommendations so the CDC was left to do all of the work. The CDC wants to know what the plan is when you have an outbreak and to ensure it’s controlled. A detailed contingency plan with service contracts in place when you need to port in the US with an outbreak on board. What happens Royal or Celebrity has positive cases pop up on these new cruises? Do we know? Bounce around port to port for days hoping someone will let them dock? Transportation? Hospitals? Quarantine facilities? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

CDC updates their info more often than RCI.

Not sure about that.  RCG does need to hire a new IT department though. The CDC is in charge of our health which is of paramount importance and should update their site as soon as new information is released.  Seems RCG is using the same IT people as the CDC.

It looks like a wait and see.   We will wait until May and see what shows up on the CDC website.  Royal Caribbean has come out with their sail requirements.  Pax and Crew vaccinations required to sail out of the Bahamas on Adventure of the Seas;  the Bahamian Gov't requires a negative Covid test prior to arrival and US Gov't requires negative test prior to arrival back in the US.  That is two negative tests in seven days.  I assume you have to pay for both tests which adds to the cost of the overall trip.  Don't know if it is worth the cost or hassle at this time.  I know things will loosen up;  but most likely the rules won't be eased by the CDC until mid summer;  when all US citizens who want a shot will have access to it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

It looks like a wait and see.   We will wait until May and see what shows up on the CDC website.  Royal Caribbean has come out with their sail requirements.  Pax and Crew vaccinations required to sail out of the Bahamas on Adventure of the Seas;  the Bahamian Gov't requires a negative Covid test prior to arrival and US Gov't requires negative test prior to arrival back in the US.  That is two negative tests in seven days.  I assume you have to pay for both tests which adds to the cost of the overall trip.  Don't know if it is worth the cost or hassle at this time.  I know things will loosen up;  but most likely the rules won't be eased by the CDC until mid summer;  when all US citizens who want a shot will have access to it.

I believe I read on another thread that Royal is including the tests in the price of the cruise. 

It's still not clear to me if you need a PCR test to board, or just to enter the Bahamas. Based on the language, I read this to mean just to enter the Bahamas. I haven't seen anything that suggests RC will pay for your test( which is going to be free anyway in the USA), but just reimbursing you for the cost of the covid health visa.

2 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I believe I read on another thread that Royal is including the tests in the price of the cruise. 

You are correct;  someone posted that Royal is including the price of departure test and the cost of the Bahamian health Visa.  I think you or your insurance have to cover the cost of the PCR test into the Bahamas.  Royal covers the test back to the US.

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

It's still not clear to me if you need a PCR test to board, or just to enter the Bahamas. Based on the language, I read this to mean just to enter the Bahamas. I haven't seen anything that suggests RC will pay for your test( which is going to be free anyway in the USA), but just reimbursing you for the cost of the covid health visa.

Got it.  thanks

13 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

From the FAQ’s

At this time, we expect each guest will need to provide the following:
• For guests 18 years of age and older, proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID -19
• Proof of a negative SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR test result for entry into the country where you are sailing from (age requirements vary by jurisdiction)
• Completed Royal Caribbean Health Questionnaire, available in the app 24 hours before sailing
• Typical travel documents,including passport or any visas as required by the departure country

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I can see RC giving disembarkation tests since Celebrity is doing it. Plus RC would almost have to do this otherwise they'd be leaving their entire passenger list in limbo to return home.

Celebrity is providing the rapid antigen test free of charge at the pier upon arrival and on the last day of the cruise at no cost.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

From the FAQ’s

At this time, we expect each guest will need to provide the following:
• For guests 18 years of age and older, proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID -19
• Proof of a negative SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR test result for entry into the country where you are sailing from (age requirements vary by jurisdiction)
• Completed Royal Caribbean Health Questionnaire, available in the app 24 hours before sailing
• Typical travel documents,including passport or any visas as required by the departure country

Yes, and that says the negative PCR is only for entering the country (which in the case of the Bahamas only applies to those older than 10).  

Yes, and that says the negative PCR is only for entering the country (which in the case of the Bahamas only applies to those older than 10).  

Royal requires it for all guests under 18 who have not been vaccinated so in essence every person requires it.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal requires it for all guests under 18 who have not been vaccinated so in essence every person requires it.

It's still not clear in the FAQ if the negative test result is an RC requirement in addition to the Bahamas requirement.  The FAQ always circles back to it being a country/port requirement.

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

It's still not clear in the FAQ if the negative test result is an RC requirement in addition to the Bahamas requirement.  The FAQ always circles back to it being a country/port requirement.

It really doesn’t matter.

Every guest regardless of age will require a negative PCR test either by the Bahamas government or the cruise line.  Not sure why people are hung up on the PCR test.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It really doesn’t matter.

Every guest regardless of age will require a negative PCR test either by the Bahamas government or the cruise line.  Not sure why people are hung up on the PCR test.

I'm hung up on the rule for kids. If The Bahamas doesn't think it's necessary for my 9 yr old to be tested, why should the cruise line?

I'm hung up on the rule for kids. If The Bahamas doesn't think it's necessary for my 9 yr old to be tested, why should the cruise line?

Because they are not vaccinated.  

We can go around in circles all day on this but it is the cruise lines rules..don’t like them don’t sail.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 6