Cancellations

cjmx

31 minutes ago, TraditionalSiamese said:

For people who had trips cancelled, did RCL notify you directly or did you discover the cancellation by randomly checking?  Also, if you used the Lift and Shift, how easy or difficult was it to make that happen?

We received an Email from RC that our March 2021 B2B Caribbean cruise was cancelled. We should be on the second leg of that cruise right now. Bummer! Never heard anything from our useless TA. So  I called her to request a L&S to March 2022 for a B2B Caribbean cruise. She said that couldn't be done. Of course she was wrong.  Long story short that TA turned a simple, not difficult L&S request into a lot more stressful effort for us than what it should have been. I contacted her supervisor and requested she be removed as my TA. Her supervisor is now my TA for our B2B March 2022 Caribbean cruise. I believe my nightmare experience was an isolated case due to an incompetent TA. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, TraditionalSiamese said:

For people who had trips cancelled, did RCL notify you directly or did you discover the cancellation by randomly checking?  Also, if you used the Lift and Shift, how easy or difficult was it to make that happen?

Getting notified is the norm but many don't get messages. There's usually no need to check randomly, someone will post the cancelation here.

Most of the time you can accomplish L&S online, but some circumstances require a call. 

• Like 1

Vision of the Seas sailings from San Juan cancelled.

Vision of the Seas June 6 to August 29, 2021: Instead of offering sailings from San Juan, Puerto Rico, Vision of the Seas will now offer sailings from Bermuda beginning June 2021.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

Edited by Another_Critic

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Vision of the Seas sailings from San Juan cancelled.

Vision of the Seas June 6 to August 29, 2021: Instead of offering sailings from San Juan, Puerto Rico, Vision of the Seas will now offer sailings from Bermuda beginning June 2021.

Hmmm.  That announcement makes me suspicious that they are not planning on having any sailings out of US waters any time soon.  Bummer.  Really want to go on our June 18th out of Bayonne!

20 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Most of the time you can accomplish L&S online, but some circumstances require a call. 

Is that only if you booked direct with Royal right, otherwise your TA has to do the L& S correct?

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Is that only if you booked direct with Royal right, otherwise your TA has to do the L& S correct?

I was under the assumption that all on line lift and shifts ended at the end of January.  With the modified lift and shifts that are only available when Royal  cancels the cruise I have not seen an on line link, I’ve always had to call.