Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

16 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you we have booked a few places for this trip like lunch at Hard Rock Cafe and dinner the next night in the Corinthian Tom kerridges bar and grill , and off to see the wooden Elephants sculptures in green park , borough Market , and maybe the Oxo tower for cocktails, doing different things to what we normally go to see like the museum’s and galleries, our October trip is full of things too .

Hi

I went up to London on Saturday. The shops- John Lewis, Next -in Oxford St are quiet but there were lots of people in the street, but not as many as there would be on a Saturday in June, as obviously there are no foreign tourists. Mainly young people, but it was Saturday, so may be that was why? The tube was quiet, but a friend who lives there says if a a tube is busy the next one, or the one after won't be so it's worth waiting. I took an lft before I went, one on Tuesday and I'll don one t morrow, just to be sure I didn't catch covid.  The riskiest bit was probably the train journey there, as that was busy.  

I was nervous about going, but I would have no problem going again . I hope you have a great trip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you we have booked a few places for this trip like lunch at Hard Rock Cafe and dinner the next night in the Corinthian Tom kerridges bar and grill , and off to see the wooden Elephants sculptures in green park , borough Market , and maybe the Oxo tower for cocktails, doing different things to what we normally go to see like the museum’s and galleries, our October trip is full of things too .

Sounds fantastic, enjoy! 

• Like 1

Today, London is a quite place. I have been much around suburbs, but I am sure its also very nice. My dream is to take a car and travel all over United Kingdom and visit Ireland. Its like one of those dream trips of mine. Cant wait for the pandemic to end to start planning it. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

This is very random and not meant to cause offence, but where are the cancelled passengers from?  all over the UK or Covid Hot Spots? 
surely the only non discrimination way would be the latest bookings.

lindylou, did you get a BLC discount on this cruise? I’ve just checked my details, I booked direct with P&O on 22nd March.  On 8th May they repriced my cruise to apply the discount.  My booking reference never changed.  Did yours ? , if they cancelled and rebooked you your booking date would have changed. 

Hi we booked 2cruises direct on the first day 4 night Britannia  July inside cabin and 7 night Iona conservatory suite in August no BLC discount  no changes made I think it’s just been a random choice of who got cancelled or maybe some error was made with my booking phoned the dedicated help line yesterday and asked if I were to rebook would the same thing happen again to which they said they couldn’t guarantee it won’t so not confident about my Iona cruise in August not a good feeling for everyone who has a cruise booked as nothing is guaranteed 

• Like 3

I have just sent a email to guest relations for a refund for taking out a insurance policy for this cruise only to cover COVID and all , my insurance company said they could cancel my policy but with their cancellation fees and admin fees I would owe them so they have kindly put it all in a email for me to send to P&O to claim back from them my policy cost since it’s their fault, I’m sure someone else on here done this last year and mentioned it , so il try and see what comes of it .

• Like 7

Phoned my TA this morning and they told me it is only Britannia cruisers that are being cancelled. But lindylou says her 21 August, 7 night Iona one is cancelled, which is the one we have booked.

Who is correct? Sounds like my TA is not aware of this.

1 hour ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi we booked 2cruises direct on the first day 4 night Britannia  July inside cabin and 7 night Iona conservatory suite in August no BLC discount  no changes made I think it’s just been a random choice of who got cancelled or maybe some error was made with my booking phoned the dedicated help line yesterday and asked if I were to rebook would the same thing happen again to which they said they couldn’t guarantee it won’t so not confident about my Iona cruise in August not a good feeling for everyone who has a cruise booked as nothing is guaranteed 

I didn't think the inside cabins were available to book on Britannia, at least the early cruise when released for sale.

We seem to be still booked but today my allocated cabin has disappeared from our cruise personalised. My TA still has the same cabin allocated on her system as at 10.00am this morning. She spoke with P&O direct this morning and the lady told her they were supposed to be dealing with it cruise by cruise. When my TA mentioned she had heard of people on 4 cruises all being notified yesterday she was told it couldn't be! The P&O lady did say she thought larger group bookings may not get cancelled because of the difficulty of rebooking them. She wouldn't/couldn't confirm how selection was being made.  We still feel unsure if we are going.

22 minutes ago, silversurf said:

Phoned my TA this morning and they told me it is only Britannia cruisers that are being cancelled. But lindylou says her 21 August, 7 night Iona one is cancelled, which is the one we have booked.

Who is correct? Sounds like my TA is not aware of this.

Hi my Iona August cruise is not cancelled I’m just worried it might be and would I be bumped off first again

• Like 2

At least we all know now why P&O were so strict on passengers proving insurance was in place. They knew damn well that there was a chance they would be cancelling cruises and people would be out of pocket. Totally irresponsible to book more passengers than the limits in the guidelines, in the expectation that limits would be lifted. Greed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That 

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

The P&O lady did say she thought larger group bookings may not get cancelled because of the difficulty of rebooking them. She wouldn't/couldn't confirm how selection was being made. 
what large drops? The rules that they are, supposedly sailing under say groups not bigger than 6 ,2 households.  
I remember we discussed this as another poster said MSC DID have larger groups. 

so if all your family bookings were linked that may be the issue? But surely your travel agents SHOULD know the rules.  She has no control over how they are applied but should know what can be booked.

Sorry messed up my posting my reply appears at end of quoted bit.

Edited by Pink-belle

Pink-belle: To clarify. We have NOT to date been cancelled but our cabin numbers which were allocated have disappeared.  The 5 bookings are linked but by P&O who have added them to my brother's direct booking as we all made individual bookings. Two brothers booked direct with P&O at launch, 2 others made bookings via their travel agent a week later. My own booking was made via my own counsellor (who is a personal friend) in mid-May as I had been awaiting cancer test results and need these before I could confirm insurance to travel.  P&O were contacted by my brother with my booking reference and we were added to his linked bookings when we were confirmed as booked.

We were made aware that dining etc would be subject to rule of 6 if it was not lifted and agreed to be split into 3 groups (2 of 4 and 1 of 2) in the event the rules remained in place.  P&O indicated that OUTSIDE the rule of 6 would not apply and our group could be linked for this purpose, ie seats poolside, at bars etc would allow us to be one group.  We are fully aware of this and happy with those terms.  

This whole situation has arisen because upon receipt of our cabin allocation I wanted to send gifts to other members of our family to greet them onboard and also order a wine package.  Because I could not get through my agent spoke to P&O and asked why my cabin number had disappeared - we thought maybe they were reallocating with the overbooking fiasco. P&O provided lots of information on why they are cancelling and how but offered no reason as to why my cabin allocation has disappeared and would not allow me to order the wine or gifts.

My agent has kept me fully up to date, made me aware of every step and gone above and beyond what she actually is contracted to do, particularly as she is one of my best friends.  P&O actually informed my brother when he added us to the group that we could have a table of 10 which as I pointed out to him was totally incorrect under the current guidelines.  Truthfully I think they've been making the rules up on the hoof!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Pink-belle: To clarify. We have NOT to date been cancelled but our cabin numbers which were allocated have disappeared.  The 5 bookings are linked but by P&O who have added them to my brother's direct booking as we all made individual bookings. Two brothers booked direct with P&O at launch, 2 others made bookings via their travel agent a week later. My own booking was made via my own counsellor (who is a personal friend) in mid-May as I had been awaiting cancer test results and need these before I could confirm insurance to travel.  P&O were contacted by my brother with my booking reference and we were added to his linked bookings when we were confirmed as booked.

We were made aware that dining etc would be subject to rule of 6 if it was not lifted and agreed to be split into 3 groups (2 of 4 and 1 of 2) in the event the rules remained in place.  P&O indicated that OUTSIDE the rule of 6 would not apply and our group could be linked for this purpose, ie seats poolside, at bars etc would allow us to be one group.  We are fully aware of this and happy with those terms.  

This whole situation has arisen because upon receipt of our cabin allocation I wanted to send gifts to other members of our family to greet them onboard and also order a wine package.  Because I could not get through my agent spoke to P&O and asked why my cabin number had disappeared - we thought maybe they were reallocating with the overbooking fiasco. P&O provided lots of information on why they are cancelling and how but offered no reason as to why my cabin allocation has disappeared and would not allow me to order the wine or gifts.

My agent has kept me fully up to date, made me aware of every step and gone above and beyond what she actually is contracted to do, particularly as she is one of my best friends.  P&O actually informed my brother when he added us to the group that we could have a table of 10 which as I pointed out to him was totally incorrect under the current guidelines.  Truthfully I think they've been making the rules up on the hoof!

Thank you, and I am sorry with all you have been through you could really do without this stress 😞

I agree it does seem as though there has been a lack of training, and dare I say lack of general awareness from some P&O staff.

not only with this but their own rules clearly stated No back to backs, but some were still able to book them 🥴

I have my fingers crossed that your booking is safe. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

We have NOT to date been cancelled but our cabin numbers which were allocated have disappeared.

Maybe (finger crossed) they have been removed because they are spacing passengers out, leaving a cabin in between, and you will get a new cabin number soon.

I would think they are reallocating cabins including balancing the work load amongst the stewards. If, as I suspect those in expensive cabins are less likely to be cancelled that will mean some cabin changes, maybe even just moving to the next door one.

1 minute ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi when I phoned I asked for the cheapest option for Britannia cruise and conservatory for Iona and that’s what they gave me.

Interesting, I may be wrong but when I looked online I don't recall inside being available. I don't doubt you. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi when I phoned I asked for the cheapest option for Britannia cruise and conservatory for Iona and that’s what they gave me.

Same for me, the cheapest option was a deluxe balcony with no availability below that grade, this was on launch day.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I would think they are reallocating cabins including balancing the work load amongst the stewards. If, as I suspect those in expensive cabins are less likely to be cancelled that will mean some cabin changes, maybe even just moving to the next door one.

I read somewhere that Celebrity where using alternate cabins then the next cruise they would swap so a cabin was left empty for a few days.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Yes that’s what I was using until they’ve bumped me off my cruise cos they have overbooked☹️

I am so sorry to hear that, I was just reading the posts. Really disappointed that P&O didn't cap the bookings to a level that worked with current guidelines. 
The same may happen to us in August