Cheers Beverage Package- Wine List

garda

Its by the glass so some of the list depends on what bar you are at - as I have found some wines are not available in all bars.   The MDR has had the best list that I recall.  If you search out MDR menus for your ship you will likely find these wine lists.

6 minutes ago, garda said:

Hi Everybody,

Would anyone have a list of the wines offered with the Cheers Beverage Package.

Thanks in advance.

You may be able to find menus for the various bars and possibly a wine list for the main dining room but they will be of little use. The wine selections will vary all over the ship, they will all have something serviceable, it just won't be consistent from bar to bar. Some of the better selections in the main dining room will also only be sold by the bottle. The steakhouse is also another good location to look for better options and they will have some selections that are available by the glass that would be covered under cheers. 

I should add that even at the bars, though they have lists, many times they simply won't have it. It's the most inconsistent as far as alcohol choices with regards to cheers. The best way to see what they have is to physically look behind the bars and see and visit a few bars to figure out which ones are stocked better, on Panorama is was the Serenity bar and Tides bar. It can be a bit inconvenient but as I already stated, they all will have something that is serviceable unless you have particularly discriminating tastes, in which case I'd skip cheers and bring one onboard (for each adult) and buy a few of the better ones from the main dining room or the steakhouse.   

2 hours ago, garda said:

One more question,,,if glass is over $20.00, do they charge you just the difference?

Don't know since I don't drink wine, but if you go to the steakhouse on the first night, you can get as many bottles as you like for 50% off and they will label the bottles for you so they will follow you whether you eat at the MDR or another specialty venue for the week.

3 hours ago, garda said:

One more question,,,if glass is over $20.00, do they charge you just the difference?

Used to be but they changed it, in reality, there will be none. All the by the glass stuff is less than $20 (around $12-$14). I believe the most expensive drink you can get with cheers is a top shelf tequila at Blue Iguana that is like $20 a shot. The better bottles of wine will need to be purchased and you'll get the following discounts with cheers.

• 25% discount off the menu price for any spirit or wine by the glass above $20.00
  • 25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle
  • 25% discount off beverage seminars and classes

https://www.carnival.com/drink-packages/cheers-package/cheers-SUM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/11/2021 at 7:00 PM, SNJCruisers said:

If you like the expensive wines, you can buy them at 50% off in the Steakhouse on night one.

Has anyone tried this recently sailing from Galveston?  If one is allowed to by about 5 bottles the first night at 50% off, this would definitely be very positive for us choosing CCL.

22 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Has anyone tried this recently sailing from Galveston?  If one is allowed to by about 5 bottles the first night at 50% off, this would definitely be very positive for us choosing CCL.

Or purchased a Cruise the Vinyards package?

23 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

IIRC, and my memory is fuzzy, they allow you to purchase up to 2 bottles at 50% off, but I think they open them one at a time and expect you to consume them in the Steakhouse.

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

IIRC, and my memory is fuzzy, they allow you to purchase up to 2 bottles at 50% off, but I think they open them one at a time and expect you to consume them in the Steakhouse.

On the first night in the steakhouse I've purchased multiple bottles (though that was for use in the Steakhouse through the week). We enjoy a bottle of the same bubbly on the first night of every cruise. Beyond that, it's usually an assortment of red wines.

i-STm8rBW-XL.jpg

Tom

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

On the first night in the steakhouse I've purchased multiple bottles (though that was for use in the Steakhouse through the week). We enjoy a bottle of the same bubbly on the first night of every cruise. Beyond that, it's usually an assortment of red wines.

i-STm8rBW-XL.jpg

Tom

Ah, OK.  But they don't generally let you walk off with the unopened extra bottles, I assume?  So if you don't plan on returning to the Steakhouse, that may not be an option?  Or can you "transfer" them to the MDR for future nights?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Ah, OK.  But they don't generally let you walk off with the unopened extra bottles, I assume?  So if you don't plan on returning to the Steakhouse, that may not be an option?  Or can you "transfer" them to the MDR for future nights?

In our case, they knew it was for future nights and they kept them there. I doubt they'd let you take them with you, and I have no idea regarding transfer. I hope that Rudi's can do the same for us on night #2 (our other three nights will be in there -- in 24 short days)!

Tom

• Like 1