Who's booking a staycation when they go on sale tomorrow?

windsurferfirst

7 hours ago, ann141 said:

I have received an email from Princess this morning saying that you will only be allowed off the ship on a Princess cruises excursion

Really? By then all restrictions for UK citizens should have been well and truly lifted in the UK, fingers crossed.

That smacks of Princess trying to force a monopoly, how can they enforce it if we are allowed to move freely again by then?

I've just seen it on their website:

"For the time being, you will only be able to go ashore on shore excursions that are researched and organized by Princess Cruises."

I hope people complain, complete rip off.

Edited by dwhe

7 hours ago, ann141 said:

Thank you.I think the one I had previously seen was the excursion just to the Causeway at $169.May wait for a bit to see if that becomes available, otherwise we will probably book the longer trip

Blimey! For that price you could fly to Belfast from the UK,  hire a  car,  visit the Causeway, and still have change!  Unbelievably expensive.

8 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Blimey! For that price you could fly to Belfast from the UK,  hire a  car,  visit the Causeway, and still have change!  Unbelievably expensive.

It includes lunch and a stop for refreshments on the way plus other sights.On the general Princess excursion site there is a tour just to the Giant' Causeway without all the extra bits for a lot less so we will wait and see if that excursion is put on sale. Thats the one thing we are not keen on with Princess The price of the excursions is very high as are the transfers.On our last Princess cruise round the British Isles we paid about £10 each for a HOHO bus(with a discount) but the price of the shuttle into Belfast city centre to catcg the bus was about $20!

Edited by ann141

22 minutes ago, ann141 said:

It includes lunch and a stop for refreshments on the way plus other sights.On the general Princess excursion site there is a tour just to the Giant' Causeway without all the extra bits for a lot less so we will wait and see if that excursion is put on sale. Thats the one thing we are not keen on with Princess The price of the excursions is very high as are the transfers.On our last Princess cruise round the British Isles we paid about £10 each for a HOHO bus(with a discount) but the price of the shuttle into Belfast city centre to catcg the bus was about $20!

Just wanted to say, that I now recognise you, without your pirate hat or cutlass!

• Like 1

We've booked Regal sailing on 9/9. Can't wait! No cooking, no cleaning, cocktails and entertainment, and somewhere that isn't my house! 

The excursions are a bit pricey, but they always are, and TA made it clear when booking that we would only be allowed ashore on ship excursion to keep everyone in a ship 'bubble', so I was expecting a price hike. 

Worst case scenario is we stay on board for a week in a quality floating hotel. Don't even care if it rains! 😁

• Like 1

Just booked for July 31st, Southampton - our first Princess cruise, so excited to compare suites. Very much looking forward to it - excursions or not to be honest: just a much-needed spot of luxury and indulgence for a few days!

Edited by Camberley

5 hours ago, Camberley said:

Just booked for July 31st, Southampton - our first Princess cruise, so excited to compare suites. Very much looking forward to it - excursions or not to be honest: just a much-needed spot of luxury and indulgence for a few days!

See you aboard. we booked this one too.

On 3/25/2021 at 3:31 PM, ann141 said:

Thank you.I think the one I had previously seen was the excursion just to the Causeway at $169.May wait for a bit to see if that becomes available, otherwise we will probably book the longer trip

A passenger on our Sky Princess trip next year, organises coaches and taxis to do the excursions via a spreadsheet. As you see, it's not too difficult to undercut the cruise company :-

https://www.viator.com/tours/Belfast/Giants-Causeway-Day-Trip-from-Belfast/d738-5844CAUSEWAY 

1 hour ago, Bertie Doe said:

A passenger on our Sky Princess trip next year, organises coaches and taxis to do the excursions via a spreadsheet. As you see, it's not too difficult to undercut the cruise company :-

https://www.viator.com/tours/Belfast/Giants-Causeway-Day-Trip-from-Belfast/d738-5844CAUSEWAY 

Thank you.Normally we would visit under our own steam or with a group like the one you suggest.However with the current situation it is a case of booking a Princess excursion or not going ashore!

29 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Thank you.Normally we would visit under our own steam or with a group like the one you suggest.However with the current situation it is a case of booking a Princess excursion or not going ashore!

Yes our Sky Princess trip to Norway isn't until June next year but if we do the Sky round Britain trip this year, we'll def have to obey the rules also 😒

• Like 1