Who's booking a staycation when they go on sale tomorrow?

windsurferfirst

Absolutely. We know which sailing and which cabin we want. We were tempted to try P&O as we've never sailed with them-we've always stuck to the "American Lines" but just feel we wouldn't enjoy P&O as much as we enjoy Princess/Celebrity. I just hope the website doesn't go down like P&O as I have to leave home at 8.10 at the latest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simon stingray said:

Absolutely. We know which sailing and which cabin we want. We were tempted to try P&O as we've never sailed with them-we've always stuck to the "American Lines" but just feel we wouldn't enjoy P&O as much as we enjoy Princess/Celebrity. I just hope the website doesn't go down like P&O as I have to leave home at 8.10 at the latest.

I wonder if Princess will let you choose an exact cabin. P&O would only let you select certain grades, not locations.

Yep we are going for it. Regal in September know my grade of cabin & checked our insurance today to know we are well covered before booking. Really fancied Sky but booked to go on her July 2022 and dates worked better for wife on Regal for her work. Roll on 8am tomorrow 😁

• Like 1

I would love to but unless the Government give the all clear ref holidaying in this country I’m concerned about the insurance implications. I would have probably booked the P & O yesterday if we were going to book. Obviously there was lots of interest in the cruises yesterday judging by the way the prices shot up though out the day.  The entertainment on P & O and Princess are very similar but I think the food on P & O is just slightly better especially if you ask for a diabetic menu. 

12 minutes ago, The Mariners said:

Yep we are going for it. Regal in September know my grade of cabin & checked our insurance today to know we are well covered before booking. Really fancied Sky but booked to go on her July 2022 and dates worked better for wife on Regal for her work. Roll on 8am tomorrow 😁

We are probably going to book the cruise on Regal leaving Southampton 1st September visiting Belfast.Our Princess cruise consultant is going to phone tomorrow after 10am.Just hope the price hasn't increased by then!

• Like 1

We have gone for 9th September visiting Liverpool & Belfast can’t be away over month end/start wife’s job again I’m afraid. Thought long about cruising considered P&O had 2 cancelled already in past year but we prefer Princess really but not much in it. We enjoy our cruises but mix our holidays up a little to give us variety don’t necessarily opt for Southampton departure either, we’ll fly anywhere to pick up a cruise if the itinerary attracts us.

I’m looking to book my first princess cruise and just wanted to try a short one first just like what P & O are doing at the moment, I’ve looked on the web site but can only find cruises for actual stops etc , am I looking in the wrong place ? I can’t find any details about what will go on sale tomorrow, any information greatly received.

6 hours ago, simon stingray said:

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

I wonder if Princess will let you choose an exact cabin. P&O would only let you select certain grades, not locations.

No they will not let you pick cabin number only grade.

Fed up of sitting on the fence ... we are booking at 8 am.  🥳🥳

TA asked if we wanted to remove the Princess plus but for this short cruise we have left it on.   👍🏻   🥂🍾🥂🍸🍹 
Let you know if all goes smoothly.  🤞🏻

BA0AEA2F-D97C-4970-95FE-23ECF2DB1CD6.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, majortom10 said:

No they will not let you pick cabin number only grade.

Pleasantly surprised, they are a little better than that, you could book position, so I was able to choose decks 9-14 to ensure staterooms above and below and my favoured aft area of the ship. 

• Like 1

I've booked Regal 23rd Sept with the stops in Belfast, Liverpool and Glasgow.

I too was surprised that I couldn't choose my stateroom but I guess they want to ensure the best configuration given that it will be reduced capacity.  As we only need one room, that's not a worry for us (if you read my comments yesterday you'll know that I was deliberating a quick break of the entire family but couldn't guarantee my 30 year olds would have been vaccinated - so just the two of us going on this one!) 

Next step - shore excursions...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, windsurferfirst said:

I have booked 31st July 3 days. Premium package was available so I booked it. Stateroom selection not available just grade of stateroom. I selected balcony 9 - 14. Let's see what we get.

I have many dounts about all those premium packages. They simply not worth it anymore. I ve been try to find some particular features for which I wont mind to over pay... but there were none 

Booked ... 🥳🥳.  Very smooth ... just £50 per person deposit.  The option is still available to book with or without the all inclusive package.  It’s only 4 nts .. and all sea days ... happy days.  Now where do we book the sunshine ☀️ ☀️ 😎😎.   We have opted for Sky Princess .. we left her in the Caribbean last January ... hope she has survived well.  

• Like 1

Just booked the sky princess for 5 nights with the plus package, went for mini suite in the end ,mid ship the dates suited us and it will be the first time on a princess ship , had options to pay just the £50 deposit, or £459, or full fare with a further £80 off price , hope everyone else gets what they want 

• Like 1