Question about travel to Bahamas for Adventure cruise

Booked a cruise on Adventure for this June.  Does anybody know the procedure for entry into Bahamas?  I looked on the Royal web site and it gives a link to the CDC.  The CDC says: "Don't go a cruise ship".  Does Royal have a special way for plane travel for easy entry?

I stumbled across a six page "Bahamas Travel Health Visa" for each person that appears to allow entry.  Covid has made things a little more difficult.  Thanks.

Yeah the royal agent gave me that website. Basically you have to register, then get the negative covid test a few days before entering the Bahamas. After the cruise, the Bahamas doesn't require one but to fly back to the US you need a negative test but I'm not sure how that'll happen. I've seen reports royal will do antigen testing at the end of the cruise but haven't seen that confirmed by anyone at royal or in their faqs 

15 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Yeah the royal agent gave me that website. Basically you have to register, then get the negative covid test a few days before entering the Bahamas. After the cruise, the Bahamas doesn't require one but to fly back to the US you need a negative test but I'm not sure how that'll happen. I've seen reports royal will do antigen testing at the end of the cruise but haven't seen that confirmed by anyone at royal or in their faqs 

There is a push to waive testing requirements for  people returning/traveling  to the US that are fully vaccinated. I’m sure Royal is sitting tight right now hoping that happens. 

Edited by wreckem2013

I am pretty sure we are going here in November on the Anthem if we decide to go. How are going to get these test results and visa thing done when we don't have I Phones or tablets or whatever? We have burner phones with the large buttons or track phones will the large button in your American terms?

Does anyone know how it will work for cruisers?  If we arrive the day before the cruise, then depart on the cruise for 7 days and then return to the Nassau port and fly out the same day, will we need two Visas or just one for 8 days?  

1 hour ago, Plut0 said:

Does anyone know how it will work for cruisers?  If we arrive the day before the cruise, then depart on the cruise for 7 days and then return to the Nassau port and fly out the same day, will we need two Visas or just one for 8 days?  

just one

34 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

just one

Just one for 8 day stay or just one for one day?  I ask because there is a testing requirement if your stay is more than 5 days.

Thank you.

On 3/24/2021 at 5:35 PM, colesc15 said:

The Bahamas website states you can’t submit the health visa application until you receive you negative test results.  If that is right the 5 day limit for the test prior to entry may be difficult to meet.