Broadway shows cancelled?

dianng

7 minutes ago, junglejane said:

Alas, Broadway shows have been cancelled since March 2020.  

Darn.  I think I'll keep my fingers crossed in hopes they will be reinstated for September's cruises.  If not, I'm sure by our July 2022 family cruise (which has been postponed twice) we'll be able to see one again...so enjoyable.  Thanks for your prompt response.  Take care

36 minutes ago, dianng said:

Darn.  I think I'll keep my fingers crossed in hopes they will be reinstated for September's cruises.  If not, I'm sure by our July 2022 family cruise (which has been postponed twice) we'll be able to see one again...so enjoyable.  Thanks for your prompt response.  Take care

The response was facetious. The post was being literal and was commenting that live theater in Manhattan's BROADWAY have been closed since the start of the Pandemic. 

To answer your question no one really knows but generally on-board shows should still be going on maybe with social distancing. When the new cruises sail from Bermuda and Nassau follow those cruises and you will get an idea of what to expect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, junglejane said:

Alas, Broadway shows have been cancelled since March 2020.  

I believe the original poster was asking about the Broadway show on the  Harmony of the Seas , not shows actually on Broadway.  

As far as I know Royal has not commented on what entertainment will be available on board ships in September.

BTW, it looks like a September restart for shows on Broadway:  

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/25/981165943/nyc-mayor-promises-to-help-broadway-re-open-by-september

Tom

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

The response was facetious. The post was being literal and was commenting that live theater in Manhattan's BROADWAY have been closed since the start of the Pandemic. 

To answer your question no one really knows but generally on-board shows should still be going on maybe with social distancing. When the new cruises sail from Bermuda and Nassau follow those cruises and you will get an idea of what to expect.

Thank you for clearing up my 'mis-speak'.

1 minute ago, dianng said:

Thank you for clearing up my 'mis-speak'.

No worries. I just wished that poster could have made a joke at your expense AND provided their own opinion on your question. It would have been a bit more helpful.  

• Like 1

While it's not a guarantee of any particular show on any particular ship, Nick Weir (he is a VP of entertainment for Royal) tweeted about opening up the rehearsal studio in Florida for the shows a couple weeks ago; which is a good sign along that front.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1