Evening Entertainment for family with 17 year old

joeecco

We are considering booking our wedding onboard for Europe 2022 but we have a few questions.

My little brother will be 17 at the time of sailing and is very mature and loves hanging around with us on ships so Vibe wouldn’t be for him. Therefore what areas/bars are open on an evening that allow 17 year olds and what sort of entertainment is on in those areas. What time do they close? 

We aren’t party animals but like to have a long enjoyable evening and we’re worried that all the reviews we are seeing seems as if it’s only the adults only areas that stay open later. 

4 hours ago, joeecco said:

We are considering booking our wedding onboard for Europe 2022 but we have a few questions.

My little brother will be 17 at the time of sailing and is very mature and loves hanging around with us on ships so Vibe wouldn’t be for him. Therefore what areas/bars are open on an evening that allow 17 year olds and what sort of entertainment is on in those areas. What time do they close? 

We aren’t party animals but like to have a long enjoyable evening and we’re worried that all the reviews we are seeing seems as if it’s only the adults only areas that stay open later. 

Generally, the adult only lounges & bars are 18 and over in the evening.  No exceptions.  There are a few lounges that remain family friendly, but you'd have to check the Navigators to see which ones those are.  And not all of them have any sort of entertainment as such.  

The Promenade Lounge on the Magic is typically a family friendly bar, and sometimes has a musician of some sort.

Edited by Shmoo here
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Generally, the adult only lounges & bars are 18 and over in the evening.  No exceptions.  There are a few lounges that remain family friendly, but you'd have to check the Navigators to see which ones those are.  And not all of them have any sort of entertainment as such.  

The Promenade Lounge on the Magic is typically a family friendly bar, and sometimes has a musician of some sort.

Thanks a lot for that info, I really appreciate it. 

Out of interest, do you know what times the family friendly bars close normally? 

I know the buffet closes early compared to other lines and so wondered if this is the same with the bars or not. Thanks again for your help. 

23 minutes ago, joeecco said:

Out of interest, do you know what times the family friendly bars close normally? 

I know the buffet closes early compared to other lines and so wondered if this is the same with the bars or not. Thanks again for your help. 

Here's a page from a Med cruise in 2018 with hours of the various lounges, age restrictions, and where there's entertainment:

navigator.jpg.8af9afb9f776d19ef29184692bd04c18.jpg

You can find other Navigators to peruse here:

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/

22 hours ago, joeecco said:

The buffets close earlier, but there are other options and the free room service is 24 hrs.