Room 1136 on the Summit

fishbonz

First time o the summit and want to try aqua class,,,, how is the prop wash ? how is the noise above on the deck at night when they show the movies and below in the cafe ?  Thanks for any info anyone can give.

When we were on deck 11 very aft 1141 we could hear the talking and music from the bar below in the day time if we were on the balcony and we could also hear the movies quite clearly when we were on the balcony.  Inside the cabin movies could sometimes   be heard  (very muffled) or the vibration felt from the sound depending upon the type of movie.  The movie's tended to end around 10.  

1136 is next to a stairway that goes between the cabins and the bar/buffet below which is very convenient but  people carrying drinks/food up or down tend to let the door slam.  

We stayed in that cabin once and someone put a note on the door reminding people not to let it slam.  it worked mostly.  Op, I would keep an eye out for a cancellation of one of the 5 aft cabins.  I would still book one of those in spite of the movie noise.

2 hours ago, TeaBag said:

We stayed in that cabin once and someone put a note on the door reminding people not to let it slam.  it worked mostly.  Op, I would keep an eye out for a cancellation of one of the 5 aft cabins.  I would still book one of those in spite of the movie noise.

We do too.  Have 2 cruises booked in 1138, one will most likely be cancelled and hopefully the other will be a go.

The five aft Aqua cabins are the best. If I can't get one of those I book a regular cabin and check every day to see if one opens up. I have been pretty lucky to get one each time. I have #1141 for this June( I am sure will be cancelled) and the same cabin for May 2022.(more hopeful for that one).

Laura

1 hour ago, Laurab23 said:

The five aft Aqua cabins are the best. If I can't get one of those I book a regular cabin and check every day to see if one opens up. I have been pretty lucky to get one each time. I have #1141 for this June( I am sure will be cancelled) and the same cabin for May 2022.(more hopeful for that one).

Laura

Laura, are you on the Summit.  If so when we were in that cabin the door to the balcony would sometimes not open.  First day we went out to the balcony, door slid closed and we couldn’t get it open.  Fortunately the folks in the next cabin we’re also outside so they called the cabin attendant.  After some effort he got the door open.  He said it had been a problem for awhile and he keeps calling maintenance who try & fix it but the fix doesn’t last,  We put a wash  cloth in the door when we were on the balcony so the door couldn’t  shut completely. 

Aqua class cabins on deck 11 have problems.  Stayed there once. Never again. Vibration issues can happen.   We were in 1115.  The smell from the buffet was often bad. The verandas are small and open above.  They also don’t drain quickly.  Noise is also an issue.  Try deck 9 cabins.  

On 3/29/2021 at 10:14 AM, jelayne said:

Laura, are you on the Summit.  If so when we were in that cabin the door to the balcony would sometimes not open.  First day we went out to the balcony, door slid closed and we couldn’t get it open.  Fortunately the folks in the next cabin we’re also outside so they called the cabin attendant.  After some effort he got the door open.  He said it had been a problem for awhile and he keeps calling maintenance who try & fix it but the fix doesn’t last,  We put a wash  cloth in the door when we were on the balcony so the door couldn’t  shut completely. 

Yes the Summit. Hopefully that will not be an issue by the time we cruise. Thanks for the warning.

Laura