Finally some good news re: return to cruising

mianmike

55 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Thank you for posting this.   

Hopefully they will issue some guidelines soon and we can all get a better idea of when cruising from the USA can start again. 

If nothing else it's a start.  The words that jumped out at me were: " . . . CDC will shortly be issuing new guidelines for a restart to cruising taking into consideration the advancements made possible by the vaccine . . ."   

Very encouraging.

• Like 5

CDC:  We are going to shortly release new guidelines!!
Everyone:  Can you give us any sort of timeline on these?
CDC:  

Everyone:

CDC:

Everyone: Yea....thanks.

This is about how it's been since October.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, mianmike said:

image.png.1f5f79d96a8cef414dc3300dbbc85a2f.png

Mayor Daniella: "I was impressed by the Director's knowledge of the industry and her empathy to the economic hardships that the loss of this business has caused".

CDC Director: "this is a multi-agency decision. The Department of Transportation is involved".

DOT: "The Department of Transportation is not involved".

CDC Director: "there is impending doom. I'm scared".

• Like 4

6 hours ago, CaptainHazelwood said:

How about "we the fed are going to keep providing research, data and guidance, but we'll leave it up to  each state to decide how to proceed in a safe manner?"  God bless America (again).

Ahhh yes; the DeSantis/Abbott style of government...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

CDC:  We are going to shortly release new guidelines!!
Everyone:  Can you give us any sort of timeline on these?
CDC:  

Everyone:

CDC:

Everyone: Yea....thanks.

This is about how it's been since October.

@oteixeira, I invite you to take a look at our CC Rat Pack thread in the Floataway Lounge;

If interested in joining us, just post in the thread. I think you will find other "like-minded" folks in the CC Rat Pack. Absolutely no pressure...

@HuliHuli, @Sailing12Away

Edited by farmersfight
  • Like 2

Why does every conversation COVID related be dragged into politics.  The virus does not care of you are democrat or republican. I swear every post or decision some people on this board make they make it known their political party.   Seriously, how can the Miami-Dade mayor get "excited" about new guidelines when she does not know what those guidelines are.  Completely a generic statement.  So she is going to be excited no matter what they say?   If they start cruising next year, she will be excited? Both the mayor and the governor are fools to take political shots at each other.  They must be members of cruise critic. 😆

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Seriously, how can the Miami-Dade mayor get "excited" about new guidelines when she does not know what those guidelines are.  Completely a generic statement.  So she is going to be excited no matter what they say?   If they start cruising next year, she will be excited? Both the mayor and the governor are fools to take political shots at each other.  They must be members of cruise critic. 😆

As a resident of Arizona I know nothing of the mayor of Miami.  But it would be political malpractice for the mayor to give false hope to all the businesses in Miami that depend on cruising.  Cruising has a huge economic impact on the city.  One would think she and her staff would know better than to give false hope. Based on her statement and tweet where tagged the CDC, she specifically mentioned the role of vaccines (vaccines are IMO a game changer) infers she and the CDC discussed some specifics.  Again, I don't know her, she could be clueless and reckless and headed for a one and done term.  But I for one am encouraged.  Hopefully not naively so . . . 

Edited by mianmike
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, mianmike said:

...could be clueless and reckless and headed for a one and done term...

Not the only person who has a Florida connection with such recent CV....maybe she too will get the 'you're fired' message soon!