Florida Governor bans vaccine passports

2 hours ago, morechances said:

If you were about to board a plane and were told that you have a 40% chance of crashing, would you still get on?

Wow I’m speechless.  If you asked me if I would board a plane if there was a 40% chance of crashing, of course most people would say No

If you were to give me the true stats of chances a plane may crash, almost everyone would say Yes they would fly

4 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

Communicable diseases are quite different than religion, which is protected under federal civil rights law.  As far as political and social beliefs, there are stories every few weeks about some owner or another making it known that people who do not believe as they do are welcome to take their business elsewhere.  Not illegal unless it is discriminatory under a state or federal public accommodation law.

People can believe all sorts of things that are not true.  Doesn't mean that businesses have to humor them.

I have no issue really w/ a business mandating their requirements. I do have issues w/ a government mandate of a required vaccine ID. 

2 minutes ago, farmermd said:

I posted an article citing CDC data concerning covid patients who were obese.  So to keep numbers relevant here is the CDC data showing overall obesity in the US.  No where near the numbers you posted, at least not according to the way I read the CDC data.  About half of what your data suggests.

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/prevalence-maps.html#nonhispanic-white-adults

Interesting stats. I was up this a.m. and DH skied and I snowshoed up the ski mountain at 9000 ft and enjoyed the sun, snow, views etc. This is why they call us Fitkin County. I wish more of America and the World would understand how obesity kills. 

Eat healthy and exercise. Not that difficult.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jmhlin said:

I feel sorry to the people who lost their life as I always said. I am laughing at a small group of the people in your country who kept on using their rights as a excuse to do whatever they want. It is just sad.

I'm one that still understands the magnitude and number of people that have died before my time for those rights remain intact. What's sad is that you don't understand, comprehend this and/or accept it, the liberties and individual rights are worth fighting & dying for. And that group isn't small. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, KWW88 said:

May I please respectfully ask what country you live in?

Not the country holding all their vaccines to themselves and not sharing with their so call allies. You guys should feel luck to keep the vaccines Americans first.

1 minute ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I'm one that still understands the magnitude and number of people that have died before my time for those rights remain intact. What's sad is that you don't understand, comprehend this and/or accept it, the liberties and individual rights are worth fighting & dying for. And that group isn't small. 

Your right is you have a choice to take it not take the vaccine. The business has their right to refuse you to enter their premises. It is that simple.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Interesting stats. I was up this a.m. and DH skied and I snowshoed up the ski mountain at 9000 ft and enjoyed the sun, snow, views etc. This is why they call us Fitkin County. I wish more of America and the World would understand how obesity kills. 

Eat healthy and exercise. Not that difficult.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

4 minutes ago, jmhlin said:

Not the country holding all their vaccines to themselves and not sharing with their so call allies. You guys should feel luck to keep the vaccines Americans first.

Our last president was great when it came to America first as you rightly pointed out!  We do feel blessed - thx!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jmhlin said:

Your right is you have a choice to take it not take the vaccine. The business has their right to refuse you to enter their premises. It is that simple.

I agree. But the government has no right to mandate a vaccine passport. Which is what this thread is about. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, farmermd said:

Our last president was great when it came to America first as you rightly pointed out!  We do feel blessed - thx!

Your current president is keeping the vaccine to American first which I think it is understandable. Your last President is not in control anymore.

10 minutes ago, jmhlin said:

Oh so Canada, eh?  Your posts don't sound like you're an ally of the U.S.  Envious maybe.  Blame your government for not obtaining the Vaccine.  Why didn't they contract sooner with the pharmaceutical companies?

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, jmhlin said:

you are hitting a nerve with me.  I am a liberal, and we are not just "holding" it for ourselves, we are making sure that as many Americans that want the vaccine can have access to it, every country that develops it in their land should be doing the same for its citizens.  The US will do, as it always has done, take care of much of the world with sharing the vaccine in due time.  Right now, we are taking care of our own and soon, we will be taking care of others.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KWW88 said:

you are hitting a nerve with me.  I am a liberal, and we are not just "holding" it for ourselves, we are making sure that as many Americans that want the vaccine can have access to it, every country that develops it in their land should be doing the same for its citizens.  The US will do, as it always has done, take care of much of the world with sharing the vaccine in due time.  Right now, we are taking care of our own and soon, we will be taking care of others.  

I do believe your President is doing what is best for their citizens. That is why I said I totally understand that but I don't agree with that because I am on the other side.  The problem I have is some of your fellows Americans still don't believe your government is doing the right thing for them. Seriously, you guys should appreciate what you have.

Edited by jmhlin

6 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Telling a patron that they need to wear a shirt or shoes is one thing, but to tell a patron they will not be served because they have elected to not take a vaccine that has been rushed through and not approved as most drugs are is wrong. The appearance of someone barefoot may offend you at a nice restaurant but if that same person had shoes on but was not vaccinated, you would never even know it. So this arguement is very lame and ineffective. 

No shoes, no shirt, no service is just another way of saying "My business, my house, my rules". Can the governor really restrict private businesses from conducting business their way? If a private business prefers to serve only those that are vaccinated IN THE INTEREST OF PUBLIC SAFETY, they should have every right to do so. Can the governor restrict private businesses from conducting business as they prefer? Seems what DeSantis has done is very wrong.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

No shoes, no shirt, no service is just another way of saying "My business, my house, my rules". Can the governor really restrict private businesses from conducting business their way? If a private business prefers to serve only those that are vaccinated IN THE INTEREST OF PUBLIC SAFETY, they should have every right to do so. Can the governor restrict private businesses from conducting business as they prefer? Seems what DeSantis has done is very wrong.

So... are you saying that going to a Home Depot, Burger King, or your local barber is not safe unless they require a vaccine? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

My governor has restricted my business from doing business as I prefer for the last year.  So the answer to your question is yes.

10 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I suspect the no shoes, no shirt, no service idiom is due to Health Department regulations for eating establishments.  If a business chooses to post a sign saying no concealed weapons allowed, a person has the right to disarm themself and enter or choose not to do business with them.  However the U.S. Government cannot order people carrying a gun not to enter the business.

Getting back to the Vaccination passport; isn't that a different government requirement than just showing proof of vaccination you received with the shot?  If a cruise line says you can only sail with them if you show proof of vaccination, that should be their right to restrict their customers.  However I am against the CDC mandating it.  Then you can decide whether you wish to adhere to the cruise line's rule or not sail.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Your FACTS are wrong. I have flown all over the world w/ many different airlines and as of yet, not one airline has required me to show them identification of any vaccine. 

Before you called me a liar, you might have bothered to check the facts. The experience of one person means nothing. I suggest you consult the WHO PDF which clearly outlines which countries have mandated proof of certain vaccinations for entry; primarily yellow fever, polio, and meningitis. Airlines and cruise lines DO check for these prior to boarding, where necessary, and WILL deny boarding if the proof isn't forthcoming.

39 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I agree. But the government has no right to mandate a vaccine passport. Which is what this thread is about. 

Um, that is not what the thread was about. It's about the exact opposite - the government of Florida mandating a prohibition on requiring proof of vaccination. As opposed to allowing businesses  to decide their own requirements. 

Edited by mom says
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I have no issue really w/ a business mandating their requirements. I do have issues w/ a government mandate of a required vaccine ID. 

Then, the business will have no right to enforce it. Also, the problem is not only north America. I believe if you want to go international, vaccine id will be needed. It is unfortunate that we are living in this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mom says said:

Before you called me a liar, you might have bothered to check the facts. The experience of one person means nothing. I suggest you consult the WHO PDF which clearly outlines which countries have mandated proof of certain vaccinations for entry; primarily yellow fever, polio, and meningitis. Airlines and cruise lines DO check for these prior to boarding, where necessary, and WILL deny boarding if the proof isn't forthcoming.

Um, that is not what the thread was about. It's about the exact opposite - the government of Florida mandating a prohibition on requiring proof of vaccination. As opposed to allowing businesses  to decide their own requirements. 

I can't help you. I never called you a liar... but I did tell you your facts were wrong, and they still are. Your facts are wrong. I have flown to many countries. I have entered Russia, Singapore, most of all of the Baltic countries, too many to name of the countries in the Caribbean, Canada, Mexico, Spain, Honduras, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Italy, Greece, Jamaica, France, Malaysia, Belize,Japan, & the Philipines. I've probably missed a few others. Not a single one... in fact NONE of the countries required me to show any identifications and/or proof of vaccinations.