Millennium arrives in Phillipsburg!

Sunshine2000

On 4/7/2021 at 10:02 AM, Sunshine2000 said:

I just wanted to add some information from our experience(s) traveling to St Maarten from Florida.  We obtained the necessary PCR Covid test within the three day required period for travel.  These negative PCR test results we then downloaded to the stmaartenehas.com/application-form with all the necessary travel information they required, such as Airline and flight numbers, length of stay,  place of stay and payment of the required $30.00 for health insurance so that we could obtain the necessary Pre Approval form for our travel.  After submitting this document we received our "Electronic Health Authorization System "Authoriation Pre-Approved" documentation in approximately 20 minutes.  This document was checked by the airline during our physical check-in.

The airport and our flight was well managed for social distancing and all passengers wore their masks.  The flight attendants provided a non-alcoholic beverage and snack service.

Upon landing they have a ramp for passengers to walk to the tarmac where you are directed into the airport immigration area to present your three required documents. 1- Results of your PCR test,  2- St Maarten Authorization Pre-Approved document and  3- Passport.

While inside the immigration area of the airport there are many officials reminding you of what documents you need to prepare to show for entry.

We only had an approximately 20 minute wait, however, we talked with many others that experienced wait times of over 90 minutes.  The wait times differed due to the number of planes landing and the number of passengers.  Wheelchairs are available but they are limited in number.

We had prearranged a taxi for our pick-up although many are readily available. 

Overall, it was a great flight and an easy process.

I'll be happy to answer any questions anyone may have.

In addition, I'll be back to add information about our experience getting our Covid test on the island and the process to return back to the US.

Thanks for the info.  Can I ask how you prearranged a taxi?  Thanks

On 4/7/2021 at 10:02 AM, Sunshine2000 said:

I just wanted to add some information from our experience(s) traveling to St Maarten from Florida.  We obtained the necessary PCR Covid test within the three day required period for travel.  These negative PCR test results we then downloaded to the stmaartenehas.com/application-form with all the necessary travel information they required, such as Airline and flight numbers, length of stay,  place of stay and payment of the required $30.00 for health insurance so that we could obtain the necessary Pre Approval form for our travel.  After submitting this document we received our "Electronic Health Authorization System "Authoriation Pre-Approved" documentation in approximately 20 minutes.  This document was checked by the airline during our physical check-in.

The airport and our flight was well managed for social distancing and all passengers wore their masks.  The flight attendants provided a non-alcoholic beverage and snack service.

Upon landing they have a ramp for passengers to walk to the tarmac where you are directed into the airport immigration area to present your three required documents. 1- Results of your PCR test,  2- St Maarten Authorization Pre-Approved document and  3- Passport.

While inside the immigration area of the airport there are many officials reminding you of what documents you need to prepare to show for entry.

We only had an approximately 20 minute wait, however, we talked with many others that experienced wait times of over 90 minutes.  The wait times differed due to the number of planes landing and the number of passengers.  Wheelchairs are available but they are limited in number.

In addition, I'll be back to add information about our experience getting our Covid test on the island and the process to return back to the US.

How much do they charge for a taxi to/from the airport to the cruise terminal? We have been trying to get transfers from Celebrity, but they are not available yet. 

On 4/11/2021 at 4:52 PM, caymancouple said:

Thanks for the info.  Can I ask how you prearranged a taxi?  Thanks

Hello, We also visited St Maarten in January and were given business cards from all of the taxi drivers that we rode with. 

When we initially land in St Maarten in January we had not prearranged for a transfer.  There are numerous taxi drivers outside the airport and obtaining a ride was not a problem.

We were charged $20.00 from the airport to our resort (Divi) which is in Little Bay. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/7/2021 at 11:02 AM, Sunshine2000 said:

Other than downloading your  Covid test results to the website to receive the St. Maarten approval, did you print the results off to present at the airport upon arrival, or did you just show them the results on your phone?  Thank you! 

I want to add that we were required to show the 'printed copy' of our negative Covid results which were required for entry and then they received an official stamp by their officials.

Our stamps on the negative Covid results form are approximately the size of a half dollar and are printed with green ink.  On the circular part of the stamp it states, "SXM COVID STANDARD CERTIFICATION CLEARED."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2021 at 8:02 AM, Sunshine2000 said:

Thank you Sunshine, that was useful information as we’ll be arriving June 27th for our July 3rd Cruise.

Stevena54, Have a wonderful time in St Maarten before your cruise.  St Maarten AKA 'the Friendly island" is lovely and we enjoyed all of the local people and their island culture. 

I want to return to this posting and provide a few pictures from our respite on the island.  So many wonderful restaurants are still open with outdoor dining available and the snorkeling waters are clear with many colorful fish.  Whatever you choose to do, you'll have an enjoyable time!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Borntocruise22 said:

Does anyone know if we can book our own excursions? Thanks!

28 minutes ago, George C said:

Yes we can book our own excursions 

Just to make sure that you are both on the same page, what do you mean by "book our own excursions"? Do you mean with Celebrity or privately? There seems to be some difference of opinion as to whether the latter is allowed currently.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Just to make sure that you are both on the same page, what do you mean by "book our own excursions"? Do you mean with Celebrity or privately? There seems to be some difference of opinion as to whether the latter is allowed currently.

I’m asking about getting to the ports and going out on our own. We have been to all of these a dozen times and the excursions offered we have done multiple times. Could we just go to the beach on our own or go shopping?

9 minutes ago, Borntocruise22 said:

I’m asking about getting to the ports and going out on our own. We have been to all of these a dozen times and the excursions offered we have done multiple times. Could we just go to the beach on our own or go shopping?

That's what I suspected. Here's what the Healthy At Sea FAQs say:

WHILE ASHORE

Q. #1: Will I be required to purchase a Celebrity shore excursion while visiting ports of call?

A: Initially guests will only be allowed off the ship in all ports on one of our curated shore excursions. These curated experiences will extend the highest health and safety standards. Most experiences are outdoors and guests will be encouraged to stay with their group. Buses will be at reduced capacity and will be sanitized frequently. Small Group Discoveries will be available and for those who would prefer to tour with their family or group, Private Journeys will be available. We’re working closely with local government to comply with their requirements.

Q. #2: What types of tours will be offered to guests given the focus on physical distancing? Will any indoor attractions be featured on your shore excursions, such as museums, galleries, historic sites, etc.?

A: Curated tours offered by Celebrity Cruises will include popular activities such as shopping, sightseeing, beach days, and other destination experiences that follow our health and safety guidance. Tours will have a reduced number of participants to allow for proper distancing. Most experiences are outdoors, and guests will be encouraged to stay with their group at all times and maintain physical distancing. For Guests looking for a more intimate experience, Small Group Discoveries will be available and for those who would prefer to tour with their family or group, Private Journeys will be available. We’re working closely with local government to comply with their requirements.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/CEL_Healthy_at_Sea_FAQs.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1BV5fsidLTVA3eUnTR2ArtcUhb3PdNZLA3aVG4DKIFuPdjLDxnIBbi4nQ

Similar wording on the website:

While Ashore

Initially, guests will only be allowed off the ship in all ports on one of our curated shore excursions. These curated experiences will extend the highest health and safety standards. Most experiences are outdoors and guests will be encouraged to stay with their group. Buses will be at reduced capacity and will be sanitized frequently. Small Group Discoveries will be available and for those who would prefer to tour with their family or group, Private Journeys will be available. We’re working closely with local government to comply with their requirements.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/health-and-safety

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you. I have written Celebrity to see what can be offered. I’m open to a small group and will post when they have some ideas in our wheelhouse. We did a awesome excursion in Cozumel which was to a orphanage and then to a private home for lunch (serving local dishes) It was 3 sisters who prepared the meal (it was scrumptious) ending with a little shopping. 

Can anyone help me? We plan on flying to St. Maarten the day before our cruise, then staying an additional day in St. Maarten when getting off the ship. Do we have to pay twice for the medical insurance? How do we get tested early enough to provide the test & required paperwork prior to getting off?

28 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

You could do that in Miami and save $$$$$.😃🙄

I live in Savannah. At the beach all the time. We love supporting the locals at the ports. Also staying 4 days in St Maarten which we will do that. I sent a message for a private custom tour which could include others. We shall see. If I wanted to save money I wouldn’t even go on the cruise. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Borntocruise22 said:

I live in Savannah. At the beach all the time. We love supporting the locals at the ports. Also staying 4 days in St Maarten which we will do that. I sent a message for a private custom tour which could include others. We shall see. If I wanted to save money I wouldn’t even go on the cruise. 

I spent one day on St Maarten Nov 2019 (MSC) and it was my favorite island stop. I would like to spend a few days there if I could but its a bit far from home for me. I live a mile from beautiful surf beaches and on the shore of the largest lake in Australia but it's a different thing if one can experience a different lifestyle.

One day, when this blight blown over, I may get to visit Georgia. My only experience there was a transit in ATL.🙁

Thank you so much for the detailed info.  We are flying Jet Blue on July 22 and staying at Simpson Bay Resort,  then boarding Millennium on the 24th sailing the BVI and Tortola itinerary  (Should have been on the Apex last May in the Norwegian Fjords😢oh well, another life.) Will then return to Simpson Bay for a longer stay.  I understand the resort has onsite testing available for the return entry to the US..  Is there anything we need to do when returning  to St Martin from the cruise? Will Celebrity handle that? Glad to hear that things went smoothly.  Am worried that everything is completed in a timely fashion.  72 hours seems like a very tight time frame.  I have downloaded the EHAS form.  Looking forward to your next post.  Thanks again.

On 4/9/2021 at 12:02 PM, sofietucker said:

Thanks so much for all th detailed info!!

But one point: the form you include says DURING 3 days before the flight (that is "up to"--no MORE than). And the CDC itself says 1-3 days. So it's not a requirement to get the test a full 3 days prior... (We are still exploring the question of getting an rt-PCR test in St Maarten for the Millie boarding requirement; will post whet we find.)