Is Royal Caribbean putting a "cap" on capacity on summer 2021 cruises?

Just wondering, has anyone seen or heard of Royal Caribbean putting some type of capacity cap on their summer cruises (specifically from Nassau) ?

Not too worried about it, but it might be nice to experience a cruise with only say 70%, 60%, even 50% of the normal passenger capacity onboard.

Either way, we are cruising this summer on the Adventure of the Seas from Nassau, we are Diamond Plus, and yes, we love Royal Caribbean.  

2 minutes ago, mike60707 said:

Just wondering, has anyone seen or heard of Royal Caribbean putting some type of capacity cap on their summer cruises (specifically from Nassau) ?

Not too worried about it, but it might be nice to experience a cruise with only say 70%, 60%, even 50% of the normal passenger capacity onboard.

Either way, we are cruising this summer on the Adventure of the Seas from Nassau, we are Diamond Plus, and yes, we love Royal Caribbean.  

Celebrity has publicly  stated that they will start with 40-60% occupancy. I expect Royal will be the same. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

BUT....what I'm wondering is, if Royal Caribbean has to set a max passenger capacity out of Nassau as regulations not governed by the CDC......Like I said, don't really care either way, we ARE going (and we are vaccinated).  Flights/Hotels readily available before/after the cruise on Sep 4th.

4 minutes ago, lauren0309 said:

So if they are limiting capacity what happens to the cruise I am booked on if as of now the ship is fully booked. How do they decide who to remove from the cruise?

What sailing are you on and how do you know that it is fully booked.  It is quite possible that Royal has already held back the required number of rooms so that it doesn't reach capacity

• Like 2

Just spoke to Crown & Anchor, they said that as of now, there is no word on capacity limits on the sailings (I checked on Nassau cruises for this summer).  But they did confirm that anyone flying back to the USA the SAME day when the ship returns to port, Royal Caribbean will provide Covid-19 tests for passengers to provide to your Airline in order to fly home.  The rep said you will have to show confirmation of your airline reservation.  If you are staying in Nassau after the cruise, you will have to get tested on your own for your return trip.  

We're ready, lets cruise !!!! 😎

I asked this same question on their Facebook page a week ago. This was the response. (It seems like they would have made that decision prior to bookings so I suspect the answer is we will fill as many cabins as we can! )

Looking forward to sailing with you, Helene. We're still working on finalizing those details and once we do, we'll make sure to share with all our guests. -Shir

•  

2 hours ago, lauren0309 said:

So if they are limiting capacity what happens to the cruise I am booked on if as of now the ship is fully booked. How do they decide who to remove from the cruise?

By your C&A status, obviously 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fritz Mom said:

I asked this same question on their Facebook page a week ago. This was the response. (It seems like they would have made that decision prior to bookings so I suspect the answer is we will fill as many cabins as we can! )

Looking forward to sailing with you, Helene. We're still working on finalizing those details and once we do, we'll make sure to share with all our guests. -Shir

I'm sure if we all called right now, we would all receive different answers lol.....

•