Fall 2021 Cruise Booked, How About Airline Reservation?

Kenosha Cruiser

LAX is horrendous to fly into.  You will need to catch a shuttle bus or walk to the pick up area with your luggage in tow.  The only exception is "Executive" car service.  

https://www.flylax.com/lax-it

Check out Shuttle2LAX to get from Long Beach to San Pedro.  

https://www.shuttletolax.com/#/search

Southwest is a good carrier, but rarely has direct flights to anywhere.

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

LAX is horrendous to fly into.  You will need to catch a shuttle bus or walk to the pick up area with your luggage in tow.  The only exception is "Executive" car service.  

https://www.flylax.com/lax-it

Check out Shuttle2LAX to get from Long Beach to San Pedro.  

https://www.shuttletolax.com/#/search

Southwest is a good carrier, but rarely has direct flights to anywhere.

cr8tiv1, thanks for the links to lax-it and shuttletoLAX, these are very helpful websites, much appreciated.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 4:21 PM, Kenosha Cruiser said:

We have a Oct. 16, 2021 cruise booked on the Majestic Princess for a 7 day cruise to Mexico. Final payment is due July 18th. Would you book your flight tickets now not knowing if the CDC will open up cruising by then. Normally I book early to get a better flight and price, but this time I will wait it out. Anyone else in the same situation with a cruise booked, but stalling on flight reservations?  

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

We would book through EZAIR, so if for some slim chance your cruise is cancelled by Princess your air cost is covered.

On 4/6/2021 at 1:34 PM, beg3yrs said:

Not stalling here. The earlier you book the cheaper the fares. Just made sure everything is 100% refundable. Some with Princess EZ-Air and the rest with airline miles.

I have a lot of redeemable American Airline miles so I’ve never used EZ Air. Your mention of combining EZ  Air and airline miles got me thinking. How’d you work that out? Thank you. 

31 minutes ago, claudia814 said:

I have a lot of redeemable American Airline miles so I’ve never used EZ Air. Your mention of combining EZ  Air and airline miles got me thinking. How’d you work that out? Thank you. 

I'm curious about this also, I have companion fare that I would like to use does EZ Air work with those does anyone know?

11 hours ago, Sprocket said:

We found an amazing deal on first class airfare from Seattle to LAX no change fees, 2 free bags and Lounge access if we can get in.

My understanding is that Super Shuttle is no longer, but by the time of your cruise I'm sure there will be other options.  We are planning on using Uber Black (I think that's what it is) to get to our hotel, and to the port.  Personal preference only but we do not care for shuttles.

The original SuperShuttle company has gone out of business, but there is a successor that does service a lesser number of airports including LGB.

https://www.supershuttle.com/locations/longbeach-lgb/

3 hours ago, Sprocket said:

I'm curious about this also, I have companion fare that I would like to use does EZ Air work with those does anyone know?

EZAir does not allow you to use miles, credits or companion fares.

Maybe if you book your primary fare with EZAir you can use the airline for booking the companion fare if they would allow that.

By the way, EZAir does not include Southwest flights.

EZAir prices for USA domestic flights are not the bargain they are for international flights that may include domestic segments.

The main benefit of EZAir for USA domestic flights is that you can cancel without penalty up to 45 days before initial departure with no penalty and if Princess cancels the cruise, they take care of the flight cancellation.

11 hours ago, claudia814 said:

10 hours ago, Sprocket said:

I suppose I wasn't very clear. I've never mixed airline miles and EZ-Air for a single booking. What we end up doing sometimes is booking one direction with EZ-Air and the return with miles. It just depends on which option seems better whether it's the itinerary or the monetary cost versus the number of miles required.

On 4/6/2021 at 3:21 PM, Kenosha Cruiser said:

We have a Oct. 16, 2021 cruise booked on the Majestic Princess for a 7 day cruise to Mexico. Final payment is due July 18th. Would you book your flight tickets now not knowing if the CDC will open up cruising by then. Normally I book early to get a better flight and price, but this time I will wait it out. Anyone else in the same situation with a cruise booked, but stalling on flight reservations?  

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Nope, I did not stall. I booked the moment I could for our December 2021 cruise. However, I did use EZ-Air so no charges if I cancel that flight when I cancel the cruise. I can't see a downside to using EZ-Air other than possibly a less expensive ticket or more convenient schedule. But alas, those are not enough to make me not use EZ-Air. I doubt I will even check other booking options; our flights are US domestic so others may have different ideas for  international flights. But in my experience, EZ-Air is tough to beat.

Doug

• Like 1