Anyone pre-registering ready to book late 2022/early 2023?

Guest ccpm

32 minutes ago, Balernocalling said:

Great to hear from you Dai. Hope you are keeping fit and well. Just got confirmation of Arvia Maiden voyage. Really pleased as we had book original Iona Maiden. Long way away but nice to have something to look forward to. Cheers!

We are both well and I have a new name, Dai 2 Jabs.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Got my confirmation for Arvia (jan 2023 !!!), very pleased got allocated very good cabin, first time I have done a P&O launch direct with P&O and was a bit concerned that we could not even select the deck we wanted only the grade but needn't have been as we got the deck we wanted.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, kevcharben said:

Looked to pre register on the Aurora to the carribean today, but they couldnt guarantee me a cabin on the deck I wanted so will wait until 28th then I can be happy.

Did you try and pre-register through a TA? Mine has instructions as to which deck,  which side and position (mid aft) of the ship, so I will be sure to get a cabin in a position that suits me. 

20 minutes ago, kevcharben said:

Looked to pre register on the Aurora to the carribean today, but they couldnt guarantee me a cabin on the deck I wanted so will wait until 28th then I can be happy.

I had the same concerns but it worked out OK for us and I was told when I pre-registered that you can phone and change to the deck and position you want if you don't like what you are allocated although the price may of gone up.

But, as wowzz says a TA may be the best bet and that is how we have always done it in the past and typically they get you what you want position wise, but we made a decision to not use a TA again until we are totally out of Covid. We had a bad experience with our TA being totally inflexible on payment terms last year and decided to switch 4 cruises from them to P&O direct who were happy to take them on.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Did you try and pre-register through a TA? Mine has instructions as to which deck,  which side and position (mid aft) of the ship, so I will be sure to get a cabin in a position that suits me. 

I will try the TA and see what they say.

Does the price normally go up after the pre register deadline goes and they go on general sale?

1 hour ago, bee-ess said:

We had a bad experience with our TA being totally inflexible on payment terms last year and decided to switch 4 cruises from them to P&O direct who were happy to take them on.

We tried to transfer a cruise last year booked through a TA to P&O.  P&O said they couldn't do it!    In fairness to the TA though, they did push back our final balance date by a couple of weeks.  Cruise was eventually cancelled and we took the FCC, so all a bit immaterial in the end anyway.

14 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We tried to transfer a cruise last year booked through a TA to P&O.  P&O said they couldn't do it!    In fairness to the TA though, they did push back our final balance date by a couple of weeks.  Cruise was eventually cancelled and we took the FCC, so all a bit immaterial in the end anyway.

I know that they won't normally allow a transfer but these were 4 cruises for 2 couple so equivalent of 8 cruises really in cost terms, P&O said No at first but when I said that we would cancel them all and lose the deposits they agreed to take them on. I have used our TA for about 5 years and they have seen quite a lot of business from us, I thought it unreasonable that they were insisting on final payments of 16 or 17 weeks during the covid situation. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, kevcharben said:

I will try the TA and see what they say.

Does the price normally go up after the pre register deadline goes and they go on general sale?

The price will be fixed until 10:00am on the day of general release, then they allow the demand algorithm to change prices where necessary, but normally increases.

2 hours ago, bee-ess said:

I had the same concerns but it worked out OK for us and I was told when I pre-registered that you can phone and change to the deck and position you want if you don't like what you are allocated although the price may of gone up.

We have pre-registered a couple of cruises with P&O directly and I knew you can change the allocated cabin if you are not happy with allocation and what you want is available.  That did not bother us as there are loads of that grade of cabin which we would be happy with.  I thought the price was fixed though, but you have said that the price may have gone up if you ring to change the cabin number, which means they would re-price your booking for a cabin number change!  Are you sure that is the case if you ring on the day cabins are allocated?  I found that very surprising.

Edited by tring

9 minutes ago, tring said:

We have pre-registered a couple of cruises with P&O directly and I knew you can change the allocated cabin if you are not happy with allocation and what you want is available.  That did not bother us as there are loads of that grade of cabin which we would be happy with.  I thought the price was fixed though, but you have said that the price may have gone up if you ring to change the cabin number, which means they would re-price your booking for a cabin number change!  Are you sure that is the case if you ring on the day cabins are allocated?  I found that very surprising.

Sorry, I think you are probably right on that, I think I got muddled on that, I think that an increase is possible if you do it on general release day and fluid pricing has cut in..

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, tring said:

We have pre-registered a couple of cruises with P&O directly and I knew you can change the allocated cabin if you are not happy with allocation and what you want is available.  That did not bother us as there are loads of that grade of cabin which we would be happy with.  I thought the price was fixed tough, but you have said that the price may have gone up if you ring to change the cabin number, which means they would re-price your booking for a cabin number change!  Are you sure that is the case if you ring on the day cabins are allocated?  I found that very surprising.

I believe If you have pre registered and been allocated a booking, you will be able to change your cabin with no extra cost, any price increase will only apply to new bookings.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bee-ess said:

Sorry, I think you are probably right on that, I think I got muddled on that, I think that an increase is possible if you do it on general release day and fluid pricing has cut in..

Thanks, good, that is reassuring.  I would not have been completely surprised if they applied an admin charge if you change a cabin number which you have chosen, but understood a change of the cabin number they have allocated was allowed.  Will try to get through ASAP anyway.

I think the post of yours which I had quoted was in answer to someone who was thinking of not booking until the cruises are fully on sale, so I understand the confusion as you were making two comments in one.

Barbara

Booked Arvia 6th jan 22 nights. Never done this pre registering before but I believe I may have used the same TA as wowzz. It was easy. Picked our cabin last week and got a call yesterday morning confirming we are booked (and of course wanting some money for the deposit).

Just the lockdown kilos to lose now!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ToxM said:

I have a booking atm in pre reg, I may need to transfer the cruise to someone else, is that feasible/easy to do?

When you say "someone else", what do you mean? Why would you want to? 

2 hours ago, M&V spain said:

Booked Arvia 6th jan 22 nights. Never done this pre registering before but I believe I may have used the same TA as wowzz. It was easy. Picked our cabin last week and got a call yesterday morning confirming we are booked (and of course wanting some money for the deposit).

Just the lockdown kilos to lose now!

Glad you got what you wanted. 

Shows that if you have a specific cabin or cabins in mind, a TA is far better than going through P&O,  plus you don't need to prepay.  

11 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Glad you got what you wanted. 

Shows that if you have a specific cabin or cabins in mind, a TA is far better than going through P&O,  plus you don't need to prepay.  

Yes someone on FB said that their deposit taken by P&O had already been charged to their card before the live launch date, I have never had that with our TA.

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Yes someone on FB said that their deposit taken by P&O had already been charged to their card before the live launch date, I have never had that with our TA.

No, my TA (and yours I think) has not taken a penny for my pre-registration.  I assume the P&O booking system cannot operate without a physical payment being made.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

When you say "someone else", what do you mean? Why would you want to? 

I’ve since booked an Xmas 2022 cruise on a different line that will cause me to be on a very austere regime if I do them both....I was wondering if I could transfer the cruise potentially to someone else with them paying the change fee and giving me the deposit.

6 hours ago, ToxM said:

I’ve since booked an Xmas 2022 cruise on a different line that will cause me to be on a very austere regime if I do them both....I was wondering if I could transfer the cruise potentially to someone else with them paying the change fee and giving me the deposit.

I'm probably missing the obvious, but who are the "them" who you are talking about?

Why not just decline the cabin you get in pre-registration, and ask for your deposit back, if that is possible? Hopefully others will clarify the position.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I'm probably missing the obvious, but who are the "them" who you are talking about?

Why not just decline the cabin you get in pre-registration, and ask for your deposit back, if that is possible? Hopefully others will clarify the position.

i have no idea who them is at this point. I don’t think deposits are refundable.

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

I assume the P&O booking system cannot operate without a physical payment being made.

We were told by P&O that a deposit was not required as our FCC was used, we booked via phone, however someone said they had booked online (Tring I think) and also had their FCC used but also had to pay the deposit.