Virgin Voyages is sailing in the UK?

Exvirginstaff

4 hours ago, LeLe_Is_Me said:

I’d say not close enough to walk (30-40 mins walk) it’s an awkward walk as it’s just off the motorway.

I plan on getting a lift to the testing location and virgin will then shuttle passengers to the terminal. (It’s About a 5 min drive) 

Indeed - quite a walk!  

image.thumb.png.629ca73d36610314704670e2cfbb804b.png

On 7/24/2021 at 5:54 PM, LifeonMars said:

There is this,

Reading the Embarkation Prep (As Virgin say) as shown 24 Jul 2021 Covid Test will be done at W4 Tipner Ln, Portsmouth PO2 8RD, UK at Virgins expense.

W4 Tipner Lane..... I'm guessing that must be the park and ride place? Its quite a long road (stretches onto both sides of the motorway) but is the only place that makes sense that it could be.

image.thumb.png.40a23a1d0bab71fdcb077d32c2f82e58.png

2 hours ago, les37b said:

W4 Tipner Lane..... I'm guessing that must be the park and ride place? Its quite a long road (stretches onto both sides of the motorway) but is the only place that makes sense that it could be.

image.thumb.png.40a23a1d0bab71fdcb077d32c2f82e58.png

I believe it’s the lorry park in the top left of that satellite image, to the west of the motorway.

FC7CFD26-54DE-449B-9853-A61957ADAF50.thumb.png.8a74ce7c8e8162b36ca08ed45bc46358.png

• Like 1

For those not driving and not wishing a Taxi

The PR 3 (Park& Ride 3)  from Civic Offices driver can  issue a ticket on the bus £4 , however other PR services tickets unavailable from driver only available at the Park & Ride. ( Silly system) .

Route 8 and Route 20 bus services  from City Shops South Stand D (8 stops)  getting off at Mountbatten Centre, Stamshore and a 7 minute walk.

Edited by LifeonMars

How much would a taxi from the railway station be of interest? I have only just heard of this extra test and need to arrive 2 hours earlier, luckily before i booked my trains. it doesn't look tooo far.

Least they take us from the test place to the ship!

32 minutes ago, burnoutbabe said:

How much would a taxi from the railway station be of interest? I have only just heard of this extra test and need to arrive 2 hours earlier, luckily before i booked my trains. it doesn't look tooo far.

Least they take us from the test place to the ship!

I would say £7 plus tip.  so   Bus P&R 3 every 30mins   at £4 ,  9mins journey  from Civic offices,   seems cheapest option  or Stand D City shops,  Route 8/or 20  with 8 stops  and with short walk.alternative.

Edited by LifeonMars

7 minutes ago, burnoutbabe said:

thanks, with 2 of us, with bags, seems easier (and maybe cheaper) to get a taxi. And assume taxi rank will be rightoutside the station, compared to trying to find a bus stop 🙂 least stress way of starting the holiday

Agree, Taxi always less stress once paid   (lol) 

P&R fare of £4 includes up to five passengers  

https://parkandride.portsmouth.gov.uk/maps.shtml#citycentre

On 4/14/2021 at 2:00 PM, xlairways said:

Hi, 

Has anyone managed to view there booking on the android app for the UK trips? 

When I open the app it it let's me log in, then I just get the upside down pyramid spinning indefinitely. 

I have had to delete the app and re download when that happens, and it works again. VV app is the most buggy, piece of crap app out there...

6 hours ago, garymfreedman said:

I have had to delete the app and re download when that happens, and it works again. VV app is the most buggy, piece of crap app out there...

They had an update on it today, am hoping that's helped. it kept taking me to area 51 when I was trying to book show, by time I managed to get on there it was booked out, so will have to try "virtual queuing" once on board

16 hours ago, garymfreedman said:

Think a lot of the cruise lines apps have been developed at short notice due to the need (as a result of the pandemic) for as much contactless processing as possible and as a result they are not working at 100% reliability. There are many reports of issues with Princess’s Medallion Class app and the one for MSC called MSC for Me. So it’s not just a Virgin Voyages issue. 

6 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

Think a lot of the cruise lines apps have been developed at short notice due to the need (as a result of the pandemic) for as much contactless processing as possible and as a result they are not working at 100% reliability. There are many reports of issues with Princess’s Medallion Class app and the one for MSC called MSC for Me. So it’s not just a Virgin Voyages issue. 

The virgin app was developed prior to the shpis rolloing out, and has been a piece of garbage ever since... The pandemic should have helped them improve it, but it has not.

On 8/1/2021 at 4:07 PM, garymfreedman said:

The virgin app was developed prior to the shpis rolloing out, and has been a piece of garbage ever since... The pandemic should have helped them improve it, but it has not.

I take it back, it was working fine until Fri and then if I close the app down and try to relaunch, nothing.

Have to delete the app and login in all over again. 

Such a pity because the agents on the phones are great, but the amount of stuff you are expected to do on the app makes it a challenge.

Anyone see the debacle that was the testing for last Friday's first sailing? Queues of people stretching down Tipner Lane. The ship left 2.5 hours late due to it taking some 5 hours to be tested and board the ship.

Virgin Voyages blamed the lack of staff at the testing venue, gave everyone an additional $100 OBC and free beer and wine all night on Friday.

If anyone is thinking of adding a bar tab to your booking, I was told the $300 bar tab would cost me £225 but they will also add another $125 value to the tab, giving me $425 total.

Having a look at the limited drinks menus out there, that $425 will be needed for the 2 of us with our preferred wine at $11 per glass and some favourite cocktails $15.

7 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

If anyone is thinking of adding a bar tab to your booking, I was told the $300 bar tab would cost me £225 but they will also add another $125 value to the tab, giving me $425 total.

Having a look at the limited drinks menus out there, that $425 will be needed for the 2 of us with our preferred wine at $11 per glass and some favourite cocktails $15.

We did the same but when we booked I think we got 100 extra =$400 

I was hoping we would also qualify for the extra sea blazers $25 

but I can’t find anywhere to check bar tab balance? Have you ? 

As a first timer don’t really understand this whole bar tab thing?

so we get $200 to spend, I’m guessing this can be spent on drinks?

As we are not huge drinkers ( although do prefer a decent bottle of 🍷)

I really can’t see us spending upwards of $400 on booze - so can we just pay as we go?

presuming we get through the $200 start up 🤔

21 minutes ago, dippyblond said:

As a first timer don’t really understand this whole bar tab thing?

so we get $200 to spend, I’m guessing this can be spent on drinks?

As we are not huge drinkers ( although do prefer a decent bottle of 🍷)

I really can’t see us spending upwards of $400 on booze - so can we just pay as we go?

presuming we get through the $200 start up 🤔

Yes if you use the bar tab it’s then billed to your loaded card. Just have to watch out for bank exchange rates 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LeLe_Is_Me said:

We did the same but when we booked I think we got 100 extra =$400 

I was hoping we would also qualify for the extra sea blazers $25 

but I can’t find anywhere to check bar tab balance? Have you ? 

Not yet as it’s not confirmed yet. Seems an odd way to do things, spoke to a wonderful agent based in Miami but then told I have to call some other agent in the U.K. to make payment. So I’ve emailed by TA and asked her to sort it out as she should also get commission on it. 

2 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Not yet as it’s not confirmed yet. Seems an odd way to do things, spoke to a wonderful agent based in Miami but then told I have to call some other agent in the U.K. to make payment. So I’ve emailed by TA and asked her to sort it out as she should also get commission on it. 

Make what payment?

we paid when we purchased the bar tab.

ive just discovered when you log in online it shows how much Bar tab loot you have 

Bar tab is in Hubby’s name so logged into his account and it shows $425
cabin was booked by me so mine so my account shows $100 promotional OBC

27 minutes ago, LeLe_Is_Me said:

Make what payment?

we paid when we purchased the bar tab.

ive just discovered when you log in online it shows how much Bar tab loot you have 

Bar tab is in Hubby’s name so logged into his account and it shows $425
cabin was booked by me so mine so my account shows $100 promotional OBC

Payment for the bar tab

1 hour ago, peteukmcr said:

Payment for the bar tab

I called this number and they were really helpful and sorted everything out for me. 
its a UK number but transfers automatically to USA so no extortionate charges 

020 3003 4919

28 minutes ago, LeLe_Is_Me said:

I called this number and they were really helpful and sorted everything out for me. 
its a UK number but transfers automatically to USA so no extortionate charges 

020 3003 4919

That’s what I called but then was told payment had to be made via another agency. Maybe because I booked via a TA. 

• Like 1