Virgin Voyages is sailing in the UK?

Exvirginstaff

1 hour ago, johnnylikely said:

All eyes on VV for today's embarkation lol

Indeed! Anyone boarding today please let us know how it goes.

I’m pleased to say disembarkation today was very smooth. I heartily approve of not having to vacate your cabin by 8am as on most lines - you can stay until after 10 if you want.

I left bang on 10 and walked straight off.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

I’m pleased to say disembarkation today was very smooth. I heartily approve of not having to vacate your cabin by 8am as on most lines - you can stay until after 10 if you want.

WOW!! Amazing- that's so late lol

2 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

All good and generally no real issues. 

We arrived early with the intention of finding our way around. Seeing the park and ride and test spot as well as locating the car park.

As has been intimated. The park and ride is the go to location. You will be sent back if you go direct to W4. You are given an A4 sheet to get into the test site at the park and ride.

It literally took us 35 minutes from park and ride to leaving the test site. Time will tell as the day goes on. 

Inside the tent, there are 3 rows of 10 testers. I'd say it took about 10 minutes once I sat down. At that rate they could test 180 per hour. But I suspect there would be a bottle neck before that where you check in. 4 or 5 desks, but probably 5 mins per person.

You leave with your blue band and wearable.

So zero to complain about. Well done so far.

Getting to the car park was a little more challenging, but that was port staff.

Check in was fine, though the boarding room, they insisted you squashed in next to strangers. No social distancing at all. I guess once boarding starts people will go straight through to the x-ray machines.

Just been told we will board at 1.30 by VV president.

So far happy bunny. I'd rather a stress free experience than a few free beers and some OBC 

20 mins to go. 👍

Edited by les37b
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, les37b said:

We arrived early with the intention of finding our way around. Seeing the park and ride and test spot as well as locating the car park.

As has been intimated. The park and ride is the go to location. You will be sent back if you go direct to W4. You are given an A4 sheet to get into the test site at the park and ride.

It literally took us 35 minutes from park and ride to leaving the test site. Time will tell as the day goes on. 

Inside the tent, there are 3 rows of 10 testers. I'd say it took about 10 minutes once I sat down. At that rate they could test 180 per hour. But I suspect there would be a bottle neck before that where you check in. 4 or 5 desks, but probably 5 mins per person.

Check in was fine, though the boarding room, they insisted you squashed in next to strangers. No social distancing at all. I guess once boarding starts people will go straight through to the x-ray machines.

So far happy bunny. I'd rather a stress free experience than a few free beers and some OBC 

20 mins to go. 👍

Thank you for the update. Sounds like they’ve got their act together although it’s still early. I don’t think there were as many as 30 testers there on Friday.

Yes, once you’ve checked in at the port and sat down in the holding area you’ll be called in batches to go through security. Then it’s a short bus ride to the ship and you’re on!

Out of interest, what time did you arrive at the Park & Ride? And was there any evidence of people being told to wait if they were too early?

24 minutes ago, les37b said:

20 mins to go. 👍

Thanks for your update. Just noticed the instructions for attending the test site have changed today on the Virgin Voyages website that clearly state you have to attend the park and ride site, not directly to W4. For those like us who will be dropped off there, we will be shuttled to the test site. 

https://www.virginvoyages.com/email/pre-sail-landing-hub#health-wellness-todo

Edited by peteukmcr

Next update not so good.

One of the group had a half eaten pizza in the room. 4 of the bands don't work. I can't now connect on the app to do anything. Can't link my CC 

Guest services said "sorry" about the pizza. No one's bands still able to access rooms that were unable t despite sending someone to the room and reprogramming.. I still can't access the app via the ships WiFi and without that you can't operation the ship.

So I left GS frustrated an hour later and they had done Diddley squat and suggested come back later.  Sorry but an hour for sweet FA is not what I expected.

All browny points from earlier lost.

• Like 1

Lol... While we were at GS my son phoned asking if we were on a sex cruise... He found a sex toy in his room.

I did say to the GS guy (after the pizza thing) it was probably my son joking.  GS confirmed it's in every room. Not sure if batteries are extra but it is chargeable to your room.

I know now why it's called scarlet lady.

My 21 year old son that it has just decided to go to the shop to see what "gear" they sell.... I did think he was joking, but we'll, it's branded as different, so who knows  

Edited by les37b
  • Like 1

Afternoon, so an update from park and ride. Our embarkation time “was” 3.45. So we arrived at 2.55 and given letter H. Just become saddened to see the letter C dispatched to test centre. 
However whilst typing the letter F was just called so I guess It’s not in alphabetical order !!!

i can also say that some people arriving after we’re given a letter G so it’s being done on embarkation times and not arrival time. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, manateemike67 said:

Afternoon, so an update from park and ride. Our embarkation time “was” 3.45. So we arrived at 2.55 and given letter H. Just become saddened to see the letter C dispatched to test centre. 
However whilst typing the letter F was just called so I guess It’s not in alphabetical order !!!

i can also say that some people arriving after we’re given a letter G so it’s being done on embarkation times and not arrival time. 

Hello Mike, long time no see. We just got off this morning, after the initial testing issues we had a great time.

Seems they still have work to do with embarkation. Disembarking was a breeze.

Enjoy your cruise. 👍🏼

1 hour ago, les37b said:

Next update not so good.

One of the group had a half eaten pizza in the room. 4 of the bands don't work. I can't now connect on the app to do anything. Can't link my CC 

Guest services said "sorry" about the pizza. No one's bands still able to access rooms that were unable t despite sending someone to the room and reprogramming.. I still can't access the app via the ships WiFi and without that you can't operation the ship.

So I left GS frustrated an hour later and they had done Diddley squat and suggested come back later.  Sorry but an hour for sweet FA is not what I expected.

If it helps my App at home went down an hour ago and despite switching iPhone off and on it is still not opening.

Maybe it's beyond us.

1 hour ago, les37b said:

Next update not so good.

Oh dear, there’s absolutely no excuse for the pizza.

You might need to delete the app and reinstall it. That worked for me when it just got stuck. But do it while you’re still in port and the WiFi’s reasonably fast. It gets a LOT slower at sea.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, manateemike67 said:

That's what we like to hear. Strict control to stop the queue jumpers.

1 minute ago, gumshoe958 said:

Oh dear, there’s absolutely no excuse for the pizza.

You might need to delete the app and reinstall it. That worked for me when it just got stuck. But do it while you’re still in port and the WiFi’s reasonably fast. It gets a LOT slower at sea.

Well certainly not if there's a chunk out of it. 😂

3 hours ago, Wansbrough said:

Hello Mike, long time no see. We just got off this morning, after the initial testing issues we had a great time.

Seems they still have work to do with embarkation. Disembarking was a breeze.

Enjoy your cruise. 👍🏼

Hello Mike

Indeed, it has been a long time. In fact possibly 10 years !!

I think the boarding went ok for us. It sounded horrible for you on Friday though. 
Hope you had a great time in the end. 

22 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

As promised, I pitched up at Gosport on time and here's a selection of Scarlet Lady's departure.First up rounding HMS Prince of Wales...

363597690_1withHMSPrinceofWales.thumb.jpg.d61b53f6a459ed6d860cb816f1cdb8bf.jpg

...and Bows on to me...

1660419367_2Bowson.thumb.jpg.c8db9b7b00ebc14e55b44a7a99d7e8f6.jpg

Adjacent Portsmouth's Spinaker Tower...

217180265_3PassingSpinakerTower.thumb.jpg.b916fed9338a17c6a8e919cbd8c18f84.jpg

Great photos as usual. 👍🏼

• Like 1