Virgin Voyages is sailing in the UK?

Exvirginstaff

On 4/26/2021 at 9:15 AM, CroozFanatic said:

Appears from the website Virgin has pulled all of the inside cabins - that or they sold out all at once.

Did you book an inside?

yes I went for the cheapest option, don't plan to spend much time there

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, stitchcreek said:

Just a quick heads up, the NHS app has now been updated with an easy way to evidence your COVID vaccination status.

Unless of course you are in Scotland and we don’t have that! Driving me nuts. 

On 5/14/2021 at 6:30 PM, stitchcreek said:

Just a quick heads up, the NHS app has now been updated with an easy way to evidence your COVID vaccination status.

That's good but I am one of those without a smartphone so cannot access the app and at the moment Virgin are unable to inform us about what proof is required. I have the NHS card to show I have had both jabs but until we get a definite acceptance by Virgin I feel it would pointless booking an August cruise at the moment.

20 hours ago, number5 said:

That's good but I am one of those without a smartphone so cannot access the app and at the moment Virgin are unable to inform us about what proof is required. I have the NHS card to show I have had both jabs but until we get a definite acceptance by Virgin I feel it would pointless booking an August cruise at the moment.

On the NHS website

You can view and download your COVID-19 vaccination status online.

You need an NHS login to do this. You will be asked to create an NHS login if you do not have one already.

NHS login registrations may take longer than usual when there are high numbers of requests. You will need to register at least 2 weeks before your departure date.

Thanks for the update wendyam76 & Wansbrough

I will check things out after my MSC cruise which is in a few days and look to see what choice there is. I am still in two minds about booking at the moment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

We're booked on the 20th August, used virgin miles so hasn't cost us a bean! Just booked parking for £33 with CPS which I thought was a good price.

Are there any roll calls?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 3:13 PM, mdj101 said:

Hi All,

We're booked on the 20th August, used virgin miles so hasn't cost us a bean! Just booked parking for £33 with CPS which I thought was a good price.

Are there any roll calls?

Just found your post after I’d posted my own question…please can I ask how you used your miles? I get to the payment point and it just wants credit card details. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2021 at 4:40 PM, Malibustacey79 said:

Just found your post after I’d posted my own question…please can I ask how you used your miles? I get to the payment point and it just wants credit card details. 

I used points to pay by going through the virgin red app - very easy to do and virgin red have been very helpful

This may be a bit of a dumb question, and I've not found the answer on here....

I know when I boarded Virtuosa, I had to do a Covid test at the port before posting. I know other CL have similar protocols in place.

My wife just commented she hadn't seen any reference for boarding Scarlet Lady for a pre-test or at the port - just a health questionnaire to fill in.

9 minutes ago, les37b said:

This may be a bit of a dumb question, and I've not found the answer on here....

I know when I boarded Virtuosa, I had to do a Covid test at the port before posting. I know other CL have similar protocols in place.

My wife just commented she hadn't seen any reference for boarding Scarlet Lady for a pre-test or at the port - just a health questionnaire to fill in.

There is this,

Reading the Embarkation Prep (As Virgin say) as shown 24 Jul 2021 Covid Test will be done at W4 Tipner Ln, Portsmouth PO2 8RD, UK at Virgins expense.

Complete the COVID-19 antigen test prior to boarding

In order to board at port in the UK, every Sailor will be tested for COVID prior to getting on the ship, and the rapid antigen tests take about 15 minutes to get a result. We will pick up the cost of the tests so that they are free of charge to all Sailors. Testing will take place near the port at W4 Tipner Ln, Portsmouth PO2 8RD, UK, and transport Sailors over to the port afterwards. Please see below for details about arriving at our testing site. No matter how you plan on getting there, Sailors must arrive at the testing site no more than two (2) hours prior to your selected boarding time (selected in the app in Ready-to-Sail). Early arrival at the testing site will not result in an earlier embarkation; so please adhere to your selected embarkation time.

For Sailors arriving in their own car:

• Drive to the testing site at W4 Tipner Ln, Portsmouth PO2 8RD, UK
  • Park your car (temporarily) at the site, and go inside to the testing marquee
  • Once inside, you’ll get your COVID-19 antigen test, and be asked to show proof of your COVID-19 inoculation
  • Once you’re cleared to sail (having passed the tests), you’ll be given your luggage tags, your Band (the wearable), and an additional band to indicate that you’ve been cleared
  • Afterwards, you can return to your car and drive to the port terminal where you can park and leave your car for the duration of your voyage

For Sailors arriving by public transportation or being dropped off:

• Arrive at the testing site at W4 Tipner Ln, Portsmouth PO2 8RD, UK
  • Head inside to the testing marquee
  • Once inside, you’ll get your COVID-19 antigen test, and be asked to show proof of your COVID-19 inoculation
  • Once you’re cleared to sail (having passed the tests), you’ll be given your luggage tags, your Band (the wearable), and an additional band to indicate that you’ve been cleared
  • You’ll then be transported to the port terminal via bus, where you’ll be able to board the ship

We’ll have additional details to share with you the week of July 19th — after the planned UK Step 4 COVID Response update has been announced. Please check back then for more detailed information.

Edited by LifeonMars
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, les37b said:

Many thanks guys.... 

Is this place anywhere near the terminal car park? ie do we need to use their car park or is it close enough to walk?

I’d say not close enough to walk (30-40 mins walk) it’s an awkward walk as it’s just off the motorway.

I plan on getting a lift to the testing location and virgin will then shuttle passengers to the terminal. (It’s About a 5 min drive) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, les37b said:

Many thanks guys.... 

Is this place anywhere near the terminal car park? ie do we need to use their car park or is it close enough to walk?

Virgin  say :-

Quote,

For Sailors arriving in their own car:

• Drive to the testing site at W4 Tipner Ln, Portsmouth PO2 8RD, UK
  • Park your car (temporarily) at the site, and go inside to the testing marquee
  • Afterwards, you can return to your car and drive to the port terminal where you can park and leave your car for the duration of your voyage

For Sailors arriving by public transportation or being dropped off:

• Arrive at the testing site at W4 Tipner Ln, Portsmouth PO2 8RD, UK
  • Head inside to the testing marquee
  • You’ll then be transported to the port terminal via bus, where you’ll be able to board the ship
Edited by LifeonMars
  • Like 1

OK cheers.... The clue was

So with this in mind, I will leave home earlier than intended, drive straight there then off to the booked car park.