MSC Splendida Cancellation ?

medic143

Its looks like the summer season has been cancelled for the Splendida. My 21 night September cruise is now showing as an 11 night NAR in May! Both USA/UK sites have no sailings for the Splendida before October. Unsurprisingly no email from MSC yet telling me any of this.

Same deal with my October sailing on Magnifica.  Something is definitely up.

Elsewhere, it was suggested that part of the reason may be because Spain isn't allowing any cruise ships to visit.  Not sure if that is or is not the reason.

2 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Same deal with my October sailing on Magnifica.  Something is definitely up.

Elsewhere, it was suggested that part of the reason may be because Spain isn't allowing any cruise ships to visit.  Not sure if that is or is not the reason.

Magnifica will be sailing Eastern Mediterranean from June 13th, announcement due tomorrow.

• Like 1

Splendida has a new itinerary with embarkations from Trieste and Bari visiting Dubrovnik, Corfu and Kotor with 2 sea days.

Magnifica will embark from Venice and Bari visiting Split, Piraeus and Mykonos with 2 sea days.

Edited by Liviucostin
Wrong port name

MSC Orchestra and Splendida will also be sailing the Greek isles.

Splendida (Saturday) From Mid June will sail from Trieste to Dubrovnik, Bari, Corfu and Kotor.

Orchestra (Saturday) From Mid June will sail from Venice to Bari, Corfu, Mykonos and Dubrovnik.

Magnifica (Sunday) From Mid June will sail from Venice to Bari, Piraeus/Athens, Mykonos and Split.

Edited by sidari

1 hour ago, Liviucostin said:

On the website Orchestra sailings start on May 29 on the above itinerary. 

Splendida is set to start on June 12.

Hi ... dates provided by a friend on another platform who is a TA in Italy, seems they get the info before other Countries.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 12:50 AM, Liviucostin said:

Splendida has a new itinerary with embarkations from Trieste and Bari visiting Dubrovnik, Corfu and Kotor with 2 sea days.

1. Why did they cancel the Norwegian fjords cruise and the Baltic Cruise in September 2021?

2. What will happen to our deposits for Splendida in September 2021?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, drsel said:

Has anyone received any email or phone call regarding the cancelled MSc splendida September Cruises?

I have not received a phone call or the promised email outlining options but a few days ago I filled out the online form found under MSC "contact us".  I received this response yesterday.

Our corporate is adjusting cruises right now.  You will be informed shortly of any and all changes.

Sincerely,

MSC Cruises

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruisernat said:

I have not received a phone call or the promised email outlining options but a few days ago I filled out the online form found under MSC "contact us".  I received this response yesterday.

Our corporate is adjusting cruises right now.  You will be informed shortly of any and all changes.

Thanks, my cruises are marked NAR &  supposed to be departing from Kiel tomorrow!

46 minutes ago, panamapd said:

Re Preziosa - sailing from Hamburg on 21 June 2021 - Fjords and Iceland.

Due to do Med from 22 September 2021

MSC Fjords cruises have been cancelled as of now.

We are planning to see the 2 main fjords by local boats, with Bergen as our base.

Does anyone know about these local fjord boat tours?

Is it ok to stay at Bergen & do full day fjord tours by local boats with on the spot booking?

Edited by drsel

1 hour ago, Preziosa said:

Where have you Heart that They are cancelled the Cruise to Norway Fjorde

Sorry, I was referring to the September 2021 MSC Cruises.

Not sure about other months

Edited by drsel

23 hours ago, drsel said:

Thanks, my cruises are marked NAR &  supposed to be departing from Kiel tomorrow!

Now that the placeholder NAR reservation has "fake" departed the booking has disappeared completely from my account. I now see the following...

Warning

Plan my Cruise and Cruise Details sections are not available for now. You can still access your account settings and MSC Voyagers Club. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Cruisernat said:

Now that the placeholder NAR reservation has "fake" departed the booking has disappeared completely from my account

My bookings too have disappeared and they are not even shown as past Cruises.

But don't worry, MSC will eventually send your travel agent an email regarding transfer of the deposit to another cruise with €200 OBC, if the new Cruise is 7 nights or more, or 100 euro OBC if the cruise is 6 nights or less

Edited by drsel