Iceland's Natural Beauty General - 2022

TayanaLorna

1 hour ago, philw1776 said:

We hope to see the Ps on this tour

WILDLIFE OF HEIMAEY BY BOAT 2H      Panoramic sail to admire the wildlife and natural surroundings of Heimaey. Cruise through the stunning natural harbor and setting sight on the towering clifftops that envelop the surrounding landscape. Gliding across these pristine waters, gaze at the thriving colonies that are home to several species of sea birds. Your guide explains the variety of birdlife (Puffins!) that migrate here to breed. Beneath the waves the ocean is home to orcas, dolphins and porpoises, if you are lucky, whales can often be spotted in these waters. Sail into Klettshellir, a stunning natural cave that is famed for its excellent acoustics.After circumnavigating the island, return to Heimaey harbor. 

We saw puffins in the Shetlands.  They nest high up on cliffs on a ledge.  So if you are on land, go to the cliff edge and look down.  Or if you are in a boat train your binoculars up to the cliff sides.  Unless they are just walking around town.  Now that would be a hoot!  I read that the Westman Islands have the largest puffin colony in the world.  Even if their numbers are down, there has to still be a lot.

Also puffins begin to migrate in August after they wrap up their nest and fledge season.  So if your cruise is late August or September, don't get too excited about them.

Comfort Check opened for our sailing over the past couple of days. It seems that not everyone on our roll call had access to it at the same time. It rolled out over a couple of days.

A headshot is required in step 1 in order to complete the advanced check in. Here are the guidelines:

image.png.bf6a88e976ec9d0a175190ce84de5922.png

7 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Comfort Check opened for our sailing over the past couple of days. It seems that not everyone on our roll call had access to it at the same time. It rolled out over a couple of days.

A headshot is required in step 1 in order to complete the advanced check in. Here are the guidelines:

Thanks for the photo guide lines.  It will be awhile before we can do Comfort Check In but we do that the MVJ tab with the countdown.  So at some point the countdown goes away and you can actually enter your info?

15 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

Thanks for the photo guide lines.  It will be awhile before we can do Comfort Check In but we do that the MVJ tab with the countdown.  So at some point the countdown goes away and you can actually enter your info?

The count down will change to (I blotted out our names):

image.thumb.png.12cd7e8d11c97077e63c87387b790dfc.png

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

The gentleman on the right looks far too happy to be allowed to board. He has probably got all his desired ShoreX, he was upgraded from his guarantee DV cabin to an Explorer Suite and he had the drinks package applied retrospectively despite paying less for the cruise than others. 

With social distancing we will all hear him telling the adjacent table his good fortune. 

And finally, he does not look well at all, very grey skin tone. That in itself should be reason to deny boarding. 

seriously though fellow travellers I hope you all get your ShoreX you desire when they open shortly. 

I am on the 31/7 departure so will be in the next batch released whenever that may be. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, SantaFe1 said:

Yep, mine just turned to that too, right in the middle of checking the calendar page.  

Yes, same here. Now says 0 passengers can check in ….must be all those people trying to book their shorex 😀

Just now, librarylady19 said:

Yes, same here. Now says 0 passengers can check in ….must be all those people trying to book their shorex 😀

Yes.  I logged out to try to lessen the load!  Hope all those trying to book get in!

Yup, exactly as was obvious, this was a terrible idea to unlock multiple cruises for all travelers at the exact same time. The website is down. I was lucky that it opened a few minutes early so I got the first two days.

FYI the Geobaths in Akureyri were not listed