Cabin advice

Lily lady

1 minute ago, Lily lady said:

Thinking of booking 35 nights on Ventura for 2023 cannot decide on cabin,   down to choice of deluxe balcony or sea view.  Grateful for any advice  and recommendations.

Without any hesitation at all, I’d suggest going for the balcony if the cost is within budget. It will enhance the cruise enormously.

Just as a follow up to that, have you decided on position, or are you looking for thoughts on that?

If the latter, by choice I’d choose an aft cabin, but if avoidance of movement is a priority, go for midships.  Take care as to what’s above or nearby if you want to avoid noise.

Thank you for your reply i just cannot decide ,probably  midships its a transatlantic so not sure if balcony required. I do not know a lot about p o having 4 cruises cancelled so am relying on cruise critic advice. We are getting to the point where dh reluctant to fly. P o  now appears to be best suited for us. Also apologies for posting same question twice.

19 minutes ago, Lily lady said:

Thinking of booking 35 nights on Ventura for 2023 cannot decide on cabin,   down to choice of deluxe balcony or sea view.  Grateful for any advice  and recommendations.

For me personally it's deluxe balcony every time. You won't regret it. Jane.x

3 minutes ago, Lily lady said:

Thank you for your reply i just cannot decide ,probably  midships its a transatlantic so not sure if balcony required. I do not know a lot about p o having 4 cruises cancelled so am relying on cruise critic advice. We are getting to the point where dh reluctant to fly. P o  now appears to be best suited for us. Also apologies for posting same question twice.

But I assume it is TA to somewhere warm? You'll regret not having  a balcony when the sun is shining, and  you can open your balcony doors to sit in the sun and have a little drink or two!  

... and you’ve mentioned your DH, so that means there are two of you to sit and enjoy the quiet of the balcony.  If you had been a solo cruiser then I would have asked if you’d prefer quietude on your balcony or whether you would rather spend time on the open decks, interacting with other travellers

As others have said - pay your money/take your choice.  It would be a balcony for me, every time.  If in couldn’t afford then I’d rather get an inside cabin and use it simply for sleeping, showering and storage and spend my spare cash in alternative venues - coffee shops, bars, whatever

But, as I always try to remember (and usually fail) - there’s nothing in the world easier than living someone else’s life 🙄 . Hopefully you’ll be able to pick the bones out of the various bits of advice and work out what’s best for you

We did a 35 nighter TA including calls in Central America, just before lockdown in Spring 2020.  It was fabulous.  Thoroughly recommend 

Edited by Eddie99

On a TA, don't forget the sun will be on the south side of the ship (port out, starboard home to use a well worn phrase!). I'm assuming you are round tripping, so decide if you want the sun on the way out or way back....oh, and definately have a balcony!

Simon

Edited by sddsddean

We are considering this cruise and for me on a translantic its important to have a balcony for somewhere to escape to! I am happy with an inside cabin on short cruises but when there are lots of sea days I like to be able to have somewhere to enjoy p and q occasionally.I have heard some people say they would prefer a standard cabin on C deck with its larger balconies than a deluxe cabin on D deck.We had a C deck cabin and having a large balcony part of which was sheltered was great.    

5 hours ago, Lily lady said:

Thank you for your reply i just cannot decide ,probably  midships its a transatlantic so not sure if balcony required. 

The main thing about Transatlantics/P&O is that they tend to follow a warm/sunnier route than say Cunard.  There are going to be a number of consecutive sea days.  Obviously during this part of the cruise nobody is on shore excursions and many passengers will be on open decks sunbathing.  Consequently I think a private balcony is a god send as the sunbathers take up a lot of space making it a bit crowded.

Regards John

• Like 2

We did the 35 night cruise which included Central America on Ventura Jan/Feb 2020 in cabin R734. Riviera Deck, aft. The Buffet is directly above but we never heard a thing apart from the Syndicate Quiz late at night when we sat on the balcony. It was a shaded balcony which suited me just fine. 

it’s nice having your own space but the whole cruise was pretty quiet really as there were few youngish folk/children around - I really missed that part of a cruise. I know that lots around here try to avoid children on cruises for some reason or another, but I just love seeing children also enjoying themselves with their families.

Edited by Ardennais
  • Like 2