NCL Embark Series for cruising again!

graphicguy

I had low expectations for the series but so far I have really enjoyed it. 

My only area of critique was they made it appear the check in process would be easy and seamless. They didn’t mention having to take a covid test at the pier and waiting for the results before boarding. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

I had low expectations for the series but so far I have really enjoyed it. 

My only area of critique was they made it appear the check in process would be easy and seamless. They didn’t mention having to take a covid test at the pier and waiting for the results before boarding. 

It wasn't clear to me how it would work, either.  They made it sound like it's going to be a quick process with the temp and oxygen monitor tests.  But, I don't know how some of the new tech plays out on COVID testing and getting results immediately.

Looking forward to the rest of the series.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

^^^^^^

I don’t think NCL cares much about the CDC.  They’re not sailing out of any U.S. ports, at least not yet.  So, CDC and U.S. ports have no jurisdiction.

If NCL has an outbreak sailing from a foreign port, good luck sailing from a US port anytime soon.

17 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

If NCL has an outbreak sailing from a foreign port, good luck sailing from a US port anytime soon.

As the first episode outlined, NCL is taking steps to have ZERO COVID infections on board (i.e. everyone sailing MUST BE vaccinated, have a negative COVID test upon embarkation, etc).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BSR said:

I watched the first episode and looking forward to the next ones.

Interesting, for sure.  Obviously, this process will change over time.  But, I think some of them will linger as part of the process to cruise.

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Interesting, for sure.  Obviously, this process will change over time.  But, I think some of them will linger as part of the process to cruise.

Yes, I agree that some of the process will change over time.

• Like 1

In regards to the "Zero covid cases" comments, he said that is their goal for a perfect game.

I.E. He knows it's not gonna happen but if you don't aim for perfection then why bother?

He's not delusional and knows that even with the best planning, cases will happen but by putting in planning and protocols with the aim of prevention, things will be much less likely to be affected by a case.

• Like 5

It sounds like NCL will strictly isolate anyone (if there's anyone) who may contract COVID.  It sounds like they're not going to let anyone who's infected to board the ship, and there will be frequent  blood/oxygen and temp checks upon boarding, re-embarking, and disembarking.  Plus, they have their air purification systems in place.  So, if all that doesn't mitigate anyone who may become infected, then I don't see what else could be done.

On 4/19/2021 at 10:50 AM, graphicguy said:

Jenny Lim in the video.......wasn't she one of the top NCL concierge/head butler in the suites on some ship out of NY? (Gem? Jewel?) and then Hotel Director?

Kudos! she has worked her way up.👍

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Jenny Lim in the video.......wasn't she one of the top NCL concierge/head butler in the suites on some ship out of NY? (Gem? Jewel?) and then Hotel Director?

Kudos! she has worked her way up.👍

I met her on the Gem in 2012 and she was the Hotel Director.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2021 at 5:00 PM, graphicguy said:

It sounds like NCL will strictly isolate anyone (if there's anyone) who may contract COVID.  It sounds like they're not going to let anyone who's infected to board the ship, and there will be frequent  blood/oxygen and temp checks upon boarding, re-embarking, and disembarking.  Plus, they have their air purification systems in place.  So, if all that doesn't mitigate anyone who may become infected, then I don't see what else could be done.

Apart from the CC "I will do everything just to cruise" crowd it will be interesting to see who else is interested in paying NCL money for that. Especially when more and more types of traveling without those measures will be available. 

1 hour ago, onetimearoundtheworld said:

Apart from the CC "I will do everything just to cruise" crowd it will be interesting to see who else is interested in paying NCL money for that. Especially when more and more types of traveling without those measures will be available. 

I think there are enough "I will do everything just to cruise" folks to get the companies past the super strict rules and back to a more normal cruise experience by the time casual cruisers come back into the fold.  Remember there is a ton of back pressure (pent up demand) from really loyal cruisers who cruise more then once a year out there.

• Like 5

Give NCL credit, they want everyone on board to have a COVID vaccination, and for everyone to test negative before even boarding.  I commend them for that.

Everyone has a choice with how to spend their leisure dollars.  That's always been the case.  Some will go to resorts, some will take "staycations", others will cruise (like me).  There are definitely vacation options.  There always has been.

With everything NCL has done, I'll feel safer taking a cruise on their ship(s) than any other option available to me.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Still no sign of episode 2 😞

So I’m not the only one wondering about that ... the first announcement I read about the series suggested they were going to post 5 full episodes on the first day. I’ve now watched all the spotlight episodes as well as the choir of man and Broadway specials. 
I’m now regretting that I didn’t go see choir of man during my first cruise on Escape 5 years ago. 

1 hour ago, eileeshb said:

So I’m not the only one wondering about that ... the first announcement I read about the series suggested they were going to post 5 full episodes on the first day. I’ve now watched all the spotlight episodes as well as the choir of man and Broadway specials. 
I’m now regretting that I didn’t go see choir of man during my first cruise on Escape 5 years ago. 

We  has finished all the episodes (6 seasons) of "the cruise" when we tripped on the NCL Embark and I had thought we had at least a few episodes. It was a quick binge watch for this show with just 1 episode!

3 minutes ago, JMA1794 said:

The Sneak peak for Ep2 is up!

It will premiere May 20 at 8pm ET.

Thanks for the update! I

t sounds like they are rolling out the episodes in alignment with the speed of return to cruising ... a little slow for most of us but at least something to look forward to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodndonna said:

Thanks for the update! I

t sounds like they are rolling out the episodes in alignment with the speed of return to cruising ... a little slow for most of us but at least something to look forward to.

Interestingly they say in the press release that the episodes are shot real time so we will get one as new things happen on their return to sail plan