Celebrity Beyond online reveal on April 28, 2021

mikkelhansen

17 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

They fixed the pool cabanas like I had said they should've. Now they face in towards the pool. Another plus.

The Sunset Bar looks much, much better too. Feels like they took elements from Edge and S-Class and made it hopefully work this time.

Pool cabanas.JPG

I'm wondering if that can be resolved on the Edge and Apex during a drydock? 

1 minute ago, WonderMan3 said:

So what is an Aqua Class Sky Suite? A Sky Suite which has all the suite perks plus spa perks too? Or does it not have the same suite perks as the other suites and has Aqua Class perks instead?

From the comments during the later Zoom call, they get the perks of both, including access to both Luminae and Blu.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

From the comments during the later Zoom call, they get the perks of both, including access to both Luminae and Blu.

The chart @TeeRick posted says "Same amenities as AquaClass® except Blu". 

Any other tidbits from the Q&A? I didn't get to listen in. 

Edited by paulh84

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

For me the aesthetics of wherever I'm staying matter greatly. I know two of my least favorite cruises were on ships that were just so visually unpleasant that yes, it detracted from my enjoyment. One was on the Carnival Splendor where the design motif consists of giant pink circles literally EVERYWHERE. 

The other cruise was on the  Star Princess before it's most recent drydock. The interiors were dark, worn, and it was such a depressing place to be. Our junior suite had a sagging couch and furniture that was all banged up. 

I'm not a snob when it comes to my vacations ( I'm scheduled on 3 Carnival cruises, 1 new ship and 2 B2B on an old ship) and in Europe I generally stay in 3* hotels but splurge when it comes to Resort type vacations. Plan and simple is fine too, but when things are old, worn and past its prime it doesn't put me in the Vacation frame of mind.

On the Edge I'll just walk around the ship and admire the beautiful Interior designs and appreciate the unique artwork. I remember my first Celebrity cruise on the Millenium in its first year of sailing and was just awestruck at that backlighted Central staircase surrounded by those billowing sheer curtains; simply stunning! 

Like I mentioned on YouTube after watching the Beyond revealing this cruise line has one of the best fleet to attract myself. The make a fantastic job with the refurbishment of the older ships the Edge ship are beautiful and the beyond seems to be one step further up.

I think they are doing a fantastic job.

Sea ya

Eric L

25 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

So what is an Aqua Class Sky Suite? A Sky Suite which has all the suite perks plus spa perks too? Or does it not have the same suite perks as the other suites and has Aqua Class perks instead?

22 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Just for the heck of it, I looked at pricing on the very first sailing.  S3 was $6299pp, S2 was $6399pp, S1 was already sold out, and Aqua Sky Suite was $7299pp.  That is quite an upcharge to use the spa.

Tom & Judy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

The chart @TeeRick posted says "Same amenities as AquaClass® except Blu". 

Any other tidbits from the Q&A? I didn't get to listen in. 

After watching the reveal, I found the Zoom call far less informative. They were responding to questions posed by participants, many of which had a narrow focus. It was also quite repetitive falling on the heels of the Reveal, and LLP said on several occasions that the person posing the question should go and look at the Reveal video. The Luminae/Blu access struck me, given the number of threads and posts that have revolved around them, but nothing else jumped out at me. Perhaps I should have poured my afternoon coffee before the call rather than after! 😒

Oh, one answer from LLP raised my eyebrows. Someone asked whether we can book b2b cruises, to which LLP said "yes". Maybe she meant for future cruises on the Beyond, as she won't be sailing for another year, but neither the question nor the answer included this qualification.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

After watching the reveal, I found the Zoom call far less informative. They were responding to questions posed by participants, many of which had a narrow focus. It was also quite repetitive falling on the heels of the Reveal, and LLP said on several occasions that the person posing the question should go and look at the Reveal video. The Luminae/Blu access struck me, given the number of threads and posts that have revolved around them, but nothing else jumped out at me. Perhaps I should have poured my afternoon coffee before the call rather than after! 😒

Oh, one answer from LLP raised my eyebrows. Someone asked whether we can book b2b cruises, to which LLP said "yes". Maybe she meant for future cruises on the Beyond, as she won't be sailing for another year, but neither the question nor the answer included this qualification.

I enjoyed the Q&A and the positive tones/mood, although I agree the Q&A was not too informative.  I appreciated the first deployment slide showing the sailings :). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

This was a call specific about Beyond so I'm sure the answer was in reference to Beyond. You can book B2B on the other ships for next year though. I have a B2B next June on Apex.

• Like 1

Just now, Shadow9612 said:

I enjoyed the Q&A and the positive tones/mood, although I agree the Q&A was not too informative.  I appreciated the first deployment slide showing the sailings :). 

Good points. After the many webinars with technical difficulties, it was a pleasure to listen to LLP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

This was a call specific about Beyond so I'm sure the answer was in reference to Beyond. You can book B2B on the other ships for next year though. I have a B2B next June on Apex.

Yes, that's the way I interpreted it too.

So after watching the video and reviewing the deck plans I am feeling very positive about Beyond. I think they took Edge and tried to fix the things that people were complaining about (like the martini bar location, the layout of Sunset Bar, the disconnection of Luminae from rest of The Retreat, the pool cabanas positioning) and enhance the things that were working. My only concern might be that they said little about the cabins, so hopefully we don't encounter the poor design choices that Edge had that often favored form over function. Also a bit concerned over the addition of 350 passengers vs. the other two ships. I hope it doesn't make the ship feel more crowded.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Good points. After the many webinars with technical difficulties, it was a pleasure to listen to LLP.

Agrred. Tbh it all seemed to go off without a hitch, comments on content notwithstanding.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

So after watching the video and reviewing the deck plans I am feeling very positive about Beyond. I think they took Edge and tried to fix the things that people were complaining about (like the martini bar location, the layout of Sunset Bar, the disconnection of Luminae from rest of The Retreat, the pool cabanas positioning) and enhance the things that were working. My only concern might be that they said little about the cabins, so hopefully we don't encounter the poor design choices that Edge had that often favored form over function. Also a bit concerned over the addition of 350 passengers vs. the other two ships. I hope it doesn't make the ship feel more crowded.

I was also going to ask what others thought about the increase in number of passengers - re: crowding.

9 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Unfortunately the sizing of the 'veranda' portion of the IV cabins are in stone. The mockups failed to take into account various real life engineering issues and components such as the motorized shades and the bulk of the folded doors and thus the actual usable space is far too small to be truly a balcony substitute.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

Unfortunately the sizing of the 'veranda' portion of the IF cabins are in stone. The mockups failed to take into account various real life engineering issues and components such as the motorized shades and the bulk of the folded doors and thus the actual usable space is far too small to be truly a balcony substitute.

I meant more about things like the furniture choices (low or non-existent tables, etc.) or shower designs, all things that could be fixed this time around.