Emerald Princess?

alolewis

1 hour ago, bob328 said:

We also got the email with the transferred offer of April 2023.  Does anyone here know anything about the FCC which we got from 2020 and expires on 01 May 2022? I called the Princess directly and was told that I need to think of using it locally.  How do we ask for the extension of our FCC?

Thanks in advanced.

I called for FCCs that said book by 01 May 2022 and sail by 01 May 2022. The rep transferred me to another department which changed them for me to book by 01 May 2022 and sail by 31 December 2022. So I suggest you call and and get a different agent.

I read in another thread that someone who had a sail by date of 31 December 2022 made a booking for 2023 and had the FCC extended to include that cruise.

Just a thought with this deployment if it is for the 2021/22 Australian season and if the government does open the borders and allow shipping to recommence in Australia / New Zealand. Princess might be switching the Crown and Emerald Princess's ships around due to their current location. Crown Princess is currently in Singapore, whilst Emerald Princess is at La Paz anchorage, Mexico, and it would be more cost effective just to change their deployment to a location that is close to where they are currently located.

I’m booked on the March 9, 2022 sailing from New Zealand to Sydney.  The ship seems to disappear from the Princess site after that sailing.  Fingers crossed that my sailing goes ahead, will keep an eye open to see if an interesting itinerary gets added after mine since I doubt they would dead head a ship to a new destination.

11 hours ago, bob328 said:

We also got the email with the transferred offer of April 2023.  Does anyone here know anything about the FCC which we got from 2020 and expires on 01 May 2022? I called the Princess directly and was told that I need to think of using it locally.  How do we ask for the extension of our FCC?

Thanks in advanced.

All of the FCCs have been updated to show an expiration date of December 31, 2022.  You should be able to see this in your Cruise Personalizer.  And some have had success asking Princess to extend them even longer.

On 4/21/2021 at 4:08 PM, amajaa said:

Our British Isles Cruise on 26/8 to 6/9 on Crown has been changed to Emerald. It’s the same size so hopefully we will keep the same Cabin. Nothing has changed if I go into our account yet though.

The new cruise is showing up on our account now and yay same cabin number.

Sorry if this is a somewhat dumb question but I have never been in the position where I have had a cruise cancelled before.  When it says you have the option of booking a different cruise with FCC, does the 10% relate to the amount you have already paid to Princess (ie deposit) or is 10% of the cost of the cruise.  Thanks in advance.  It may help me to decide whether to roll my cruise over the 2023 sailing or whether to book a different cruise altogether.

@lynnfromwigan

With Princess the "extra" 10% is 10% of whatever you have already paid.

If you are to get 10% from a new cruise price it is an FCD (Discount).   I don't know if Princess ever does that.

We have had a discount from NCL but that was for a cruise that was "cancelled" while we were on board.   We had 15 contiguous sea days with no ports.

3 hours ago, lynnfromwigan said:

Sorry if this is a somewhat dumb question but I have never been in the position where I have had a cruise cancelled before.  When it says you have the option of booking a different cruise with FCC, does the 10% relate to the amount you have already paid to Princess (ie deposit) or is 10% of the cost of the cruise.  Thanks in advance.  It may help me to decide whether to roll my cruise over the 2023 sailing or whether to book a different cruise altogether.

Assuming you are referring to Transpacific Emerald April 2022? 

You have 3 options, 1 move over to 2023 sailing on Majestic at fare you paid in same or better category as I am told those booked in Oceanview on Emerald will be upgraded as Oceanview not available on Majestic.

2, accept FCC in the amount paid 100%, plus bonus FCC in the amount of 10% paid with a minimum of $25 or equivalent foreign currency if booked in that currency. So depending on the amount of your deposit, the bonus can be only $25.

3, refund of amount paid giving you option to use on other cruiseline or whatever.

NCL's current cancellations are giving a 10% off voucher toward the value of the future cruisefare you book, so all cruiselines have their own unquie cancellation policies.

Princess just recently started offering this option to 'lift and shift' to another sailing protecting promotions, amenities and fare. RCL offered lift and shift when cancellations started last March and gave you a 4 week before and after window the next year if that itinerary was offered on any of thier ships. Princess is offering only the Majestic.

Appears you are UK? Cancellation policy may be different as I know your  refare policy is not the same as USA and Canadians. But sounds like you were offered the same as US passengers.

Edited by wallyj

On 4/20/2021 at 3:49 PM, MJU said:

My Alaskan cruise (July 2 2022)  has just been changed from Emerald to Crown

Does it include Glacier Bay (and did it originally)?

I ask because we have a family cruise on the Emerald for 7/3/21.  We're about 100.0000 percent sure it's going to be cancelled either right before or after final payment.  It will be my mom's only chance to do an Alaska cruise, and I wanted her to see Glacier Bay.  My plan was to move it to the Emerald on 9/3/22, as that will work with my nieces school schedule.  If I look at the Princess website, there are few cruises there, and no 7 day with GB.  Crown is not there.  

12 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Does it include Glacier Bay (and did it originally)?

I ask because we have a family cruise on the Emerald for 7/3/21.  We're about 100.0000 percent sure it's going to be cancelled either right before or after final payment.  It will be my mom's only chance to do an Alaska cruise, and I wanted her to see Glacier Bay.  My plan was to move it to the Emerald on 9/3/22, as that will work with my nieces school schedule.  If I look at the Princess website, there are few cruises there, and no 7 day with GB.  Crown is not there.  

You will have to wait until all the moves have been processed for those who were originally booked on the Crown and Emerald.   Princess seems to be moving rather quickly as 3 of our 5 bookings have been moved.   When the swap was communicated Princess indicated everything would be complete by May 14.      Until they have completed all the moves they will not release the remaining cabins.

Keep checking and good luck.

29 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

You will have to wait until all the moves have been processed for those who were originally booked on the Crown and Emerald.   Princess seems to be moving rather quickly as 3 of our 5 bookings have been moved.   When the swap was communicated Princess indicated everything would be complete by May 14.      Until they have completed all the moves they will not release the remaining cabins.

Keep checking and good luck.

Thanks.  So if read this correctly, the cruise won't show up until everyone has been moved.  I appreciate the reply.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ehogan said:

Same cabin for us as well on the Emerald thankfully.

Do check your booking carefully though.. They did not transfer our FCD or our related OBC over, but it was an easy fix with a call.

It is showing the correct OBC but the FCC is not showing as we booked through a TA so it doesn’t show up online.  The FCD ( that we paid onboard in 2019)  has never in all the changes showed up on any Princess Invoices but has on the TAs invoice and is counted as the deposit for the cruise. The FCC have been showing up on the Princess Invoices but as I say not the FCD.