Check in not available

marienbad

Booked on the Edge July 17, 2021 cruise from Fort Lauderdale. Usual check in date was several days ago.

when I try to check in, a notice appeared that check in was not available and we would be notified when it was.

Given the uncertainties about July cruising, I guess this is a sign that our cruise will be cancelled. Would be nice if Celebrity clarified the status of our cruise when they make changes like this.

7 minutes ago, marienbad said:

Booked on the Edge July 17, 2021 cruise from Fort Lauderdale. Usual check in date was several days ago.

when I try to check in, a notice appeared that check in was not available and we would be notified when it was.

Given the uncertainties about July cruising, I guess this is a sign that our cruise will be cancelled. Would be nice if Celebrity clarified the status of our cruise when they make changes like this.

I'm not sure why you would have thought you would be able to Check-in for your July cruise when there's been no indication that cruises would restart from U.S. ports. 

42 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I'm not sure why you would have thought you would be able to Check-in for your July cruise when there's been no indication that cruises would restart from U.S. ports. 

In the past check in was 90 days prior to sailing. That was the case for our May 23, 2021 cruise. I checked in successfully at 90 days prior to sailing. Unfortunately the cruise was cancelled.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, marienbad said:

In the past check in was 90 days prior to sailing. That was the case for our May 23, 2021 cruise. I checked in successfully at 90 days prior to sailing. Unfortunately the cruise was cancelled.

I didn't mean it negatively, but as your previous experience showed the ability to check-in has no correlation as to whether the cruise will actually sail, considering the current circumstances. That was my only point in my post. If you were able to check-in it would not have been any indication that it was going to sail.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, marienbad said:

My May TA was cancelled so I used my FCC to book a July Alaskan cruise which was then cancelled.  I then moved the FCC over to this cruise.  I also paid the remaining cost over last weekend.  I will just again book an Alaskan cruise for next year using the original FCC and the 125% from my additional payment.  I was more interested in the Edge itself then the islands which I have already been to numerous times.  I kind of feel sorry for the Celebrity staff who have to follow this.  I think that Celebrity is waiting to the last possible moment to cancel the July sailings in hope the CDC relaxes their requirements.  It's also possible they may be looking at another island to home port the ship.  We're in a catch twenty two situation with the CDC saying they want cruising to be safe but they cannot know this without letting some ships sail.  

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

I didn't mean it negatively, but as your previous experience showed the ability to check-in has no correlation as to whether the cruise will actually sail, considering the current circumstances. That was my only point in my post. If you were able to check-in it would not have been any indication that it was going to sail.

Under these circumstances I think it's a very good sign that these sailings aren't going to sail....Especially with the US DNT advisory updating.

2 minutes ago, sofietucker said:

For some reason, I thought that ALL Celebrity cruises were cancelled for the rest of the summer--perhaps well into the fall--except Millie out of St Maarten and Apex from Greece. (RCI from Nassau, NCL from Cyprus?)

The most recent statement I can find from Celebrity is this:

CELEBRITY CRUISES EXTENDS GLOBAL SUSPENSION OF CRUISING
Thursday, April 8th, 2021

Celebrity Cruises announced today that it is extending the suspension of some sailings, including all sailings from the United States until June 30, while continuing its measured return to service with more sailings scheduled from different regions around the world.

While we continue to work with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the United States and government authorities around the world, we have made the following adjustments to upcoming 2021 itineraries:

• Suspending sailings through June 30
  • Excluding all ships which have recently announced many new homeports around the globe

3 minutes ago, sofietucker said:

For some reason, I thought that ALL Celebrity cruises were cancelled for the rest of the summer--perhaps well into the fall--except Millie out of St Maarten and Apex from Greece. (RCI from Nassau, NCL from Cyprus?)

Also Silhouettete from Southampton

• Like 1

Forget about the past's 90 day check in window, or even 30 day window.  

Won't surprise me if it'll change to 3 day window...

We all got excited when we got checked in for 2 of the 3 cancelled cruises last year, printed out all boarding passes, paperwork & luggage tags, then got the cancelled notice.

• Like 1

Yeah, in a seemingly futile exercise in wishful thinking, visited the checkin page for our Infinity sailing from Venice July 11.  “Checkin not available.” Between COVID and recently announced prohibition of large ship entry into the lagoon, my optimism is quickly fading.......