Cruise Air Question

keokukjoe

In the past, we've always booked the air component on our own but this year the cruise line is including the airfare out of many gateways, including ours. My question is how long before the cruise does the line's air department usually contact you to make the air arrangements? 

• Like 1

Depends on the cruiseline, the cities involved and the specific details of the air package that is being provided.

In other words, there is no universal, or even usual answer.

Contact the cruiseline for specifics, because THEY are the ones running this promotion.

4 hours ago, keokukjoe said:

In the past, we've always booked the air component on our own but this year the cruise line is including the airfare out of many gateways, including ours. My question is how long before the cruise does the line's air department usually contact you to make the air arrangements? 

When we have had air included with our cruise, the cruise line did not contact us to make arrangements, they only contacted us to let us know what the flights were (after the air arrangements had been made).   And it was always very close to sailing (like 2 weeks or less before sailing).   

Needless to say, the flights were usually not the ones I would have booked.    

Thank you, kokopelli-az

I just called the cruise line again. They said that they will have their air person call me . Since it's such a small line, they only have one person making the arrangements. I told them that if I didn't have the info before our final payment is due (July 2nd), I would cancel. Our deposit is fully refundable until 90 days before the cruise. Since the air is part of our voyage price, I'm not going to pay for some "unknown". I don't think that is unreasonable, do you? I would normally book the air on my own but in these uncertain times, the line can make changes to embarkation location and we would be stuck with air we couldn't use. With them responsible for the air portion, they would have to make the changes as needed.

27 minutes ago, keokukjoe said:

I just called the cruise line again. They said that they will have their air person call me .

Do you have the option of making specific flight requests?  It might add to the cost of your trip, but the larger cruise lines (at least most of them in the past) have allowed for custom air to be booked by them, if they are able to do so.  

59 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Do you have the option of making specific flight requests?  It might add to the cost of your trip, but the larger cruise lines (at least most of them in the past) have allowed for custom air to be booked by them, if they are able to do so.  

And, as is so often the case, no mention by the OP of cities or cruiseline or promotion details.  So vague answers rule.

• Like 2

Please see my original post. I can make personal requests and the cruise line and ports are irrelevant . Just wanted to know when l can expect to be contacted to make these requests. As l wrote above, the gentleman who handles the  air reservations will call this week so all is good. This is not a mass market cruise... only 96 suites so the service is much more personal.

1 hour ago, keokukjoe said:

Thanks.  Sounds very confusing. Since our ship has a max of 192 passengers and about 13 gateways, it shouldn't be that complex.

If "your ship" (still a major secret) is the new build coming for Swan, that won't be sailing until late 2022.  So no air will be even possible to discuss for several months.

On 4/23/2021 at 10:08 AM, FlyerTalker said:

If "your ship" (still a major secret) is the new build coming for Swan, that won't be sailing until late 2022.  So no air will be even possible to discuss for several months.

Atlas World Navigator, Lisbon-Barbados October 4, 2021.