Please, just require passengers to be vaccinated so we can get back to sea.

djjoe

1 hour ago, jmtraveler said:

We have cruised over 25 times and we have observed the crew off the ship partying hearty in every port we stopped in.  THIS HAS TO STOP!!!  In my opinion, the crew is more likely to be spreading any disease because they come into contact with more people than typical passengers contact. 

I think if the crew and staff are vaccinated, they should be allowed to do whatever they wish with their downtime. They are not prisoners. We will have to see how it goes. If vaccinated passengers are eventually able to venture out on their own, then certainly vaccinated ship employees should be able to as well. :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, jmtraveler said:

But tell us how the crew is going to be managed/controlled so they do not introduce illness onto a ship.

And the crew could very easily ask the same about YOU.  

YOU can get off at every port of call.  They DON'T and CAN'T.

At some ports a small amount of crew get off to go to CVS or somewhere else for an hour or two,

MEANWHILE 4,000 of YOU get off and crowd together in Straw markets or bars and have an infinitely greater chance of getting infected with something that YOU would bring on the ship where YOU would infect them...

REMEMBER, they will have to clean up YOUR room, YOUR bathroom, YOUR bedding, YOUR dishes and everything else in the process of taking care of YOU...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jmtraveler said:

The focus seems to be on the passengers being vaccinated.  What about the crew?  And not just vaccinated, but their personal activities are going to have to change dramatically for passengers to be safe on the ship.  We have cruised over 25 times and we have observed the crew off the ship partying hearty in every port we stopped in.  THIS HAS TO STOP!!!  In my opinion, the crew is more likely to be spreading any disease because they come into contact with more people than typical passengers contact.  So what I want to hear reported on in CruiseCritic is what are the plans from the cruise ship companies to restrict the activities of the crew when they hit ports.  Can the crew get off the ship?  Can they leave the "bubble" that passengers are going to be restricted to with limited shore excursions?  What SPECIFICALLY is going to change to keep the crew from being the contact/spread point of a disease (COVID or any other)?

It is inevitable that the cruise lines are going to have to require vaccination, at least initially, to get their ships back on the water with passengers.  I have no problem with that; in fact, I encourage it.  But tell us how the crew is going to be managed/controlled so they do not introduce illness onto a ship.

As others have said, crew will be vaccinated, but currently their activities ashore will be as restricted as passengers if not more so.  I feel for them as they will have a rougher time of it. 

• Like 2

Last night 50000 people went to the NFL draft. According to the the host of the show to get in you had to vaccinated. ( no mention of negative test) Point being if a company states you have to prove you've been tested this virus and it's negative or have been vaccinated to enter their facility, then so be it. You have a choice. I choose to cruise. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1