Please, just require passengers to be vaccinated so we can get back to sea.

djjoe

Maybe they could go out on a limb and just say if you are vaccinated you don't have to wear a mask anywhere anymore even if the magic 100 days have not been reached yet.  Telling people they can do things they are already doing such as going outside without a mask is not really an incentive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Heck some will do it for a donut.  Krispy Kreme is offering a free glazed donut with proof of vaccination.  Uber and Lyft are offering free rides to and from vaccination sites and Office Depot and Office Max are offering free lamination of CDC cards.  What more do they want?  LOL

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 5.26.09 PM.png

College brain washing educators I mean professors could even offer extra credit on exams LOL

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheMastodon said:

Common sense.  College students want to pass classes, money, beer, etc.  give them what they want !

Actually, Sam Adams and Budweiser are giving away free beer to anyone over 21 with proof of vaccination:

https://www.foodandwine.com/news/free-beer-for-getting-covid-vaccine-budweiser-samuel-adams

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

....  Telling people they can do things they are already doing such as going outside without a mask is not really an incentive.

If that is the case it is pointless to do anything. Such people are going to do whatever they want regardless of carrots or sticks.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 12:55 AM, PhoenixCruiser said:

Really, I didn't think Florida regularly had days over 110, now humidity is another issue 😀

Is that degrees? Central Florida barely reaches 98 degrees in the middle of the day in the middle of the summer.

8 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Because some of them are still in application uniformly in places where it doesn't make sense. When we were in Key West last month, we were supposed to be masked up even while on the streets. I thought the scientists said being outside it wasn't necessary. Now I've answered your question, please do me the courtesy of answering mine: If the CDC says that vaccinated people don't need to wear masks around each other, do you think it would be stupid for local ordinances to require them even then?

And yet, cruise lines that require vaccine also require mask everywhere except while ACTIVELY eating. Chance of falling over in the ocean are greater, but we are not supposed to be chained to railings. I wonder why not? What a foolish world we live in these days. It is absolutely pointless to discuss anything... Anything since... around 6 years ago.

1 hour ago, broberts said:

If that is the case it is pointless to do anything. Such people are going to do whatever they want regardless of carrots or sticks.

Yes, I agree... like allowing to eat a (grilled) sausage (ha!!!) specifically on July 4 of this year... on your own backyard... and even that is an official big maybe as of 2 days ago.

Edited by kirtihk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

Hopefully you will be able to do that cruise.I will be celebrating my birthday on that day.

July 24th Birthday, you dont say! ME TOO!  Happy Birthday!!! I'm in NJ neighbor.

Edited by Moltar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am not . The pain is worse than ever .I just do not know what to do.I have enjoyed your posts .Thank you for your concern.

Sorry to hear about your pain.

14 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

In all the years that I have been alive I only “met” one person who had the same birthday as me.

The other side of the coin, I have a brother, 5 years younger, with the same birthday.  I didn’t have to leave the house to run into someone with same birthday.

Eddie

52 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Hopefully you will be able to do that cruise.I will be celebrating my birthday on that day.

I knew that was where Nostradamus was coming up with his so-called July 23, (any year) prediction about cruising. :classic_tongue::classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc

6 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

The other side of the coin, I have a brother, 5 years younger, with the same birthday.  I didn’t have to leave the house to run into someone with same birthday.

Eddie

Not quite the same but I had 2 very close friends in my childhood.

One celebrated his birthday of July 18,one on July 20 and me on July 24.

We celebrated our birthdays every year.