Fall 2021 cruise

Laurab23

My cruise in 9/11 this year to Canada and New England. I know this cruise will be cancelled so why can't they just go ahead and cancel now?  Canada won't let them dock there so just cancel it and put me out of my misery of hoping against hope.

Laura

21 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

My cruise in 9/11 this year to Canada and New England. I know this cruise will be cancelled so why can't they just go ahead and cancel now?  Canada won't let them dock there so just cancel it and put me out of my misery of hoping against hope.

Laura

🤑 ... it's always about the $$$

You can cancel anytime before final payment and receive your deposit back providing it was a refundable deposit. Then you will be out of your misery. If you are trying to get additional FCC then wait until a day or so before final payment to see if Princess cancels and offers anything. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately, Canada will not be opening for cruiseships until Feb. 2022, unless a miracle happens.  I would cancel and book something else for 2022 before they book up and you can transfer your deposit to the new cruise.  Just my opinion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

Laura

They haven't even canceled my Alaska cruise for mid summer yet.  I'm expecting them to do so any day now, though.  They will have to get an exemption from the PVSA in order to make it happen.  That seems unlikely ... if they will offer it, I will just do the shift to next year.  

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

They haven't even canceled my Alaska cruise for mid summer yet.  I'm expecting them to do so any day now, though.  They will have to get an exemption from the PVSA in order to make it happen.  That seems unlikely ... if they will offer it, I will just do the shift to next year.  

We had an Alaskan cruise for May cancelled months ago by Princess.  Would think the summer ones would be cancelled fairly soon as well.  We already moved ours up to 2022 and transferred $$ over.

4 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Unfortunately, Canada will not be opening for cruiseships until Feb. 2022, unless a miracle happens.  I would cancel and book something else for 2022 before they book up and you can transfer your deposit to the new cruise.  Just my opinion.

I had actually booked this one figuring it would be a backup for my June 2021 cruise. I have already booked something for May 2022. I just keep hoping they will change to a different itinerary. I don't fly so NY or NJ are the ports I leave from on either Celebrity or Princess.

If you are willing to wait to do the same itinerary, if offered the next year, Princess has recently been offerning to move you over to the next years sailing at the same fare. This is probably a better deal than the bonus FCC, depending on the fare you booked and what the next years fare is, but many people have reported the next years sailing is a lot more expensive. Understand you may not be in a position to wait a whole year.

I am not sure which cruises Princess will be extending the option of moving to a replacement sailing, but I know some Alaska sailings and the Emerald 2022 Transpacific sailing , you got the option to move over and keep your booked fare.

I had booked some great fares for the January 2021, Royal Princess 7 day Mexico that were cancelled and now the current fares are almost double, would have taken a move over but it was not offered. Because I had FCC that covered the cruisefare, the FCC was returned and no other compensation, taxes were refunded. Disappointed losing a deal that was not my fault and all the work/planning securing the booking.

On 4/26/2021 at 12:35 PM, Cruzinnana47 said:

We had an Alaskan cruise for May cancelled months ago by Princess.  Would think the summer ones would be cancelled fairly soon as well.  We already moved ours up to 2022 and transferred $$ over.

I did see they canceled up through June 27th a few weeks ago.  We're just going to move our booking to 2022 as well if they still have that offer when they cancel ours.  All the planets will have to align just perfectly for us to go this year.  I guess I won't be too disappointed when it is canceled.  

Of note, Celebrity already canceled our fall sailing ... 😞 

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I did see they canceled up through June 27th a few weeks ago.  We're just going to move our booking to 2022 as well if they still have that offer when they cancel ours.  All the planets will have to align just perfectly for us to go this year.  I guess I won't be too disappointed when it is canceled.  

Of note, Celebrity already canceled our fall sailing ... 😞 

What was the Celebrity date and itinerary?

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2021 at 11:02 AM, maggie777 said:

What was the Celebrity date and itinerary?

It was a California coastal out of LA in Sept ... on the Millie.  Once I saw that they moved her to the Caribbean, this wasn't much of a surprise.  Sadly, no Lift and Shift available.