oops! they did it again

complawyer

we were booked on the escape, leaving copenhagen oct 10, 2021.

i went on to check my reservation, and i got a message that there was a problem, all the cabins are now listed as "sold out"  and i'm unable to book any shore excursions.  i cant believe (ok maybe i can) that cruises 6 months away are now being cancelled also.

any one else finding the same problem with sept, oct booking?

• Like 1

Uh-oh.... that doesn't sound good.

image.thumb.png.ffaa8fb4188c7184a2358a137ae7e4c8.png

Feel free to jump ship over to RCC and join me in Greece on the Jewel of the Seas leaving 10/2/21 out of Cyprus. The Royal Suite is still available and for about the same price as what the Haven was costing on your soon to be cancelled sailing. I'll be right next door in the Owners suite.

1 hour ago, Summerstravel said:

My September cruise out of Jamaica is showing up listed as default itinerary. I think something is going on with the website. So it might just be a waiting a game. Fingers cross it is just a glitch in the website.  

my cruise indicates all the cabins are sold out. as of this morning they were not. past experience and 6 previously cancelled cruises tells me that the cruise is most likely cancelled .  hope you have better luck with yours

7 hours ago, complawyer said:

i would love to, but for reasons i dont want to get into, the cruise wasnt costing us anything, 

In that case then I'll say it is definitely cancelled. Or rather, they'll do to you what they just did to me on the Pearl for Greece. They'll be switching ships so you have to rebook for the exact same dates, but now with a 40% price hike and no compensation for the cancelled cruise.

My gut is telling me that my upcoming May 2022 sailing around Spain/Portugal is going to get "cancelled" as well. I stole that price from them when I booked it last year, so of course they'll want me to rebook at higher prices. I booked both that one and my now cancelled October Greece trip back in August 2020 at a steal for both cruises. 

Just checked again for you, and it's showing the same thing. All cabins sold out. Sorry 😞

16 hours ago, complawyer said:

we were booked on the escape, leaving copenhagen oct 10, 2021.

i went on to check my reservation, and i got a message that there was a problem, all the cabins are now listed as "sold out"  and i'm unable to book any shore excursions.  i cant believe (ok maybe i can) that cruises 6 months away are now being cancelled also.

any one else finding the same problem with sept, oct booking?

Because this is a European sailing it "may" be because of port authorization issues.  Seaborn cancelled all of its previously scheduled European itineraries through September and cited difficulties in getting local government authorizations for multi-country sailings.  NCL may be anticipating the same.