article about 12 covid-related changes on Carnival when sailing resumes

IntrepidFromDC

6 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

somehow, this is not the thoughtful discussion I anticipated... 😷

It's all right.  I'll go through them one by one so nobody has to sit through that horrible slide show.  Do with my snarky comments as you see fit:

1. Go maskless - CDC guidance on this is already changing; there are places where it's safe enough to be unmasked (at least for some people, ahem)
  2. Enter cabin right away - Depends on the definition of "right away"
  3. Go on full shore excursions - NCL is already saying for its passengers that the port is open to them if the port agrees
  4. Board without a health screening - We've always been screened (remember the questions about being in locations with Ebola outbreaks?)
  5. Board without being vaccinated - I'm betting there will be a cruise this year that an American can board without the jab
  6. Bring your luggage on board - As LL Cool J once said, "I don't think so"
  7. Pack bars and restaurants - States are starting to loosen up restrictions here; cruise lines will do the same
  8. Eat at buffets - They'll be more of a cafeteria experience, but they'll survive
  9. Use public restrooms - Where else am I going to wash my hands properly?
  10. Attend indoor shows - They'll be around, don't worry
  11. Grab whatever equipment you want - Put the shuffleboard thingies under lock and key, I don't care
  12. Shake hands - I think this tradition will come back eventualy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

somehow, this is not the thoughtful discussion I anticipated... 😷

It's basically the same old stuff that people have been discussing ad nauseum for months now in one form or another.  I think folks are just tired of it all and I don't just mean not being able to cruise.

Thanks for posting though.  🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JeanieTheMom said:

They said the words may and probably too many times to believe they have verified information. Sounds more like suppositions on their part.

Yeah just MSN click bait- I could have made a lists of maybes and things that might happen. There's nothing firm here really. We'll see shortly when they get cruising going out of Caribbean ports what to really expect based on what they really do. We'll also get reviews on how much people did or did not mind the restrictions. 

Edited by Jasonsterling

1. Go maskless - Probably accurate for another year
  2. Enter cabin right away - Likely. The argument could be made though that the exact opposite is safer. Everyone crowds to the same place on embarkation day.  
  3. Go on full shore excursions - I expect Carnival to hold onto controlling shore excursions as long as possible. They have always wanted you to stay with Carnival. 
  4. Board without a health screening - No one has boarded a ship in 10 years without a health screening of some sort. 
  5. Board without being vaccinated - "Honolulu Blue: I'm betting there will be a cruise this year that an American can board without the jab." Exactly! could not say it better. 
  6. Bring your luggage on board - I really doubt this one 
  7. Pack bars and restaurants - Good!
  8. Eat at buffets - Buffets are not going anywhere, just self serve for a while. Which always happened if you boarded a cruise post Noro outbreak
  9. Use public restrooms - Public restrooms are not going anywhere
  10. Attend indoor shows - Maybe less capacity, maybe reservations, but not going anywhere. 
  11. Grab whatever equipment you want - Not really an issue. 
  12. Shake hands - I hope this never comes back. Anything other than touching me. I personally like Namaste F**kers!
  • Like 2