Anniversary Cruises

Question, the Anniversary Cruises---Does Regent really do something different or is it just a Marketing tool?  Our next cruise is mark an Anniversary Cruise--we didn't or wouldn't book it because of that, but I wonder if it adds anything or not.

We were on a 25th Anniversary voyage - passengers received a commemorative pin and also a lovely small velvet-lined and engraved-for-the-occasion Tiffany box.  

We are on the Navigator this January... one of the 30th Anniversary voyages. We shall see!

Re:  Anniversaries--Self and Spouse were (it appears with Kwaj girl) on that March-April 2017 Explorer 25th Anniversary Cruise.  Began at Miami--with a special pre-cruise dinner at a local restaurant.  Keep in mind:  This was part of Explorer's initial sailing itinerary.  Several added "extras".  Oh--several additional-additional extras were added due to our TA and Spouse on that cruise.  But, as usual, I digress.  

Stayed aboard at Barcelona at end of first segment; then remained on to Venice for that BtB.  Again, several extras.  Got the Pin(s). 

Really--it does not matter that much.  How much can you gild the lily while aboard a Regent ship?  Our experiences over the past many (20+) years aboard Radisson/Regent ships have been First Class.  Regardless of time, ship, or destination.

Now--we hope for Barcelona, again, on October 31st aboard Mariner for TA crossing to Miami (or maybe, given current kerfuffle, at Bermuda). 

GOARMY!

We were on the Explorer TA during the 25th anniversary.  I really didn't notice anything special being done in way of activities.  But DH and I aren't really into those things, so might have missed it.  We did get the silver engraved silver box and pins.  I wouldn't pick a cruise because it will include celebrations of an anniversary.  Every cruise we have been on is just great anyway.

Edited by mj_holiday
correction

Thanks all, I agree I wouldn't pick a cruise because of it---it just happen that the cruise we picked and wanted to go on has the marking for the anniversary cruise.  We also don't go to the planned events during a regular Regent cruise.