Carnival Mardi Gras - Bed near Bathroom or near Balcony?

nae418

I found out that Carnival has changed it's bed concept on the Mardi Gras ship and this ship has interlocking cabins like Royal Caribbean's newer ships. The cabins are made up in pairs and one cabin has the bed next to the bathroom and the other cabin has the bed next to the balcony.  I went through that on Symphony of the Sea's, with the help of others, I was able to select a cabin with bed near balcony.  I'm scheduled to sail on Mardi Gras on August 7th and just wondered if any one knows the bed configuration for Mardi Gras?   If I remember correctly the cabin on the right of the pair, had the bed near balcony on SOS.

Would it be the same on Mardi Gras?   Just wondering....??  Either way, I'm on that ship if it's sailing. 🙂 

You could probably speculate based on the ship deck plans that have been published and the few videos that may include an interior shot of a cabin (and I'm not sure about that).

But frankly I wouldn't bet on anything until you see actual video/photos of a large handful of cabins to see if there is a pattern, or better yet, video/photos of the actual cabin of interest.

Thank you!  We hope so, but with the letter Carnival emailed me and others sailing in August, it doesn't sound very promising...  😕    I heard the ship was over the CDC  recommended capacity. All 33 of us are waiting until we are told the ship is not sailing on August 7th.  

1 minute ago, asalligo said:

Bathroom on the balcony side. How does that even work? Anyone have a pic of an existing cruise cabin with this config? 

Sorry, I read it again, bed next to bathroom, not bathroom next to balcony. So is the sofa just on the balcony side in this case? 

Here is a YouTube video that will explain everything. It's a bit long and tedious,but one of the most comprehensive videos on the Mardi Gras cabins you will find. Nothing else compares. You can start at the 6:00 minute mark and continue from there. I find watching from you desktop computer with a another browser page open with the Mardi Gras deck plan allows you to start and stop the video and flip to the deck plan to see what the video is explaining to you.  That's how I chose my cabin (Bed by the Balcony door). Good Luck!

https://youtu.be/iwchgcij5Pc

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Here is a YouTube video that will explain everything. It's a bit long and tedious,but one of the most comprehensive videos on the Mardi Gras cabins you will find. Nothing else compares. You can start at the 6:00 minute mark and continue from there. I find watching from you desktop computer with a another browser page open with the Mardi Gras deck plan allows you to start and stop the video and flip to the deck plan to see what the video is explaining to you.  That's how I chose my cabin (Bed by the Balcony door). Good Luck!

https://youtu.be/iwchgcij5Pc

This is a great video, thank you! Wonder what the noise from the bed in the cabin next door will be like? I personally try to avoid these Mega Ships when it comes to Carnival. They never seemed to learn how to handle large numbers of people. RC does it well. Seems like Carnival could learn. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, asalligo said:

This is a great video, thank you! Wonder what the noise from the bed in the cabin next door will be like? I personally try to avoid these Mega Ships when it comes to Carnival. They never seemed to learn how to handle large numbers of people. RC does it well. Seems like Carnival could learn. 

I've sailed these types of interlocking cabins on other lines and you really don't hear sounds from the other cabins because of the design. It's a non-issue. 

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

I've sailed these types of interlocking cabins on other lines and you really don't hear sounds from the other cabins because of the design. It's a non-issue. 

Carnival Liberty last March we were just about to fall asleep when it became very obvious that vigorous happy time was occurring on the other side of this wall. I can tell you that cabins 7422 and 7418 appeared to have the beds against the same wall. Did not bother me really, but it was obvious. 

I sailed on Royal's Symphony of the Sea's,  my bed was near balcony, my sister's bed was near the bathroom. Her cabin was down the hall from mine.  I had to walk around her bed to sit on the couch in her cabin as the bed was near the bathroom and the door. She didn't hear any noise and was ok with the configuration. I always want my bed near the balcony. 🙂

• Like 1