Last minute cruise discounts

KevintheIrishDJ

Azamara has tended to run a rotating series of deals (BOGOHO, 1 category upgrade, etc.).  The current BOGO@60%off and the previous one (up to 40%, but it was only 30% off on my cruise) are the best I have seen – but others have a much longer track record on this and may remember others.  [They also reprice cruises based on demand, and that sometimes negates the value of the 'deal' for specific itineraries.]  But – and it's a big but – past performance has even less predictive value than usual because the next round of marketing will be the first for the new independent Azamara.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 11:44 PM, KevintheIrishDJ said:

We live near Miami.  Are there any last minute cruise discounts?

Probably not this cruise line, if you are looking for deals from Miami. Azamara tend to embark and disembark out of different ports and countries  around the world, they have no main ‘home’ port. Thats the draw to this cruise line amongst many other things.There are only 3 cruises in the next set of schedules to March 2023 that roundtrip from Miami, so your choice is limited.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, manc said:

All the offers are regional so UK cruisers get didn't offers at different times. UK legislation on offers is strict and has to be adhered to. 

But, UK residents can book on the US websites. We did that, saved hugely on cruise cost, and received a shed load of OBC.

That said, the cruises concerned were in the Caribbean late 2019 and had to be swiftly scheduled following the Trump decision to stop travel to Cuba...so, they had to fill the ships quickly and most US cruisers have done the Caribbean to death!  

• Like 1

Three months before an October Spain cruise ((i.e., after final payment was due), I got a good deal on an Azamara cruise that I'd previously booked and then decided to cancel, paying a $100 penalty for cancellation. The last-minute deal was for a guaranteed oceanview cabin. We ended up with a cabin two grades higher than we'd originally booked and a savings of about $500. Interior cabins were also available at a great price, but balcony cabins were fully booked by then. 

• Like 1

Prior to the suspension of sailing, they offered last minute voyages, which you could find on the website.  I would expect they will in the future as well.    Just be aware that they very rarely sail out of the US.  And if you are currently booked on a voyage and want to change to a deeply discounted fare, you will need to cancel and rebook, and pay any penalties. 

• Like 1