FCC used for a 2023 cruise?

loving goldens

On 5/5/2021 at 11:12 AM, goldiemom said:

I just booked a cruise for February 2023 using my FCC that was due to expire on Dec. 2022.  I had purchased the FCC on a cruise in 2019. 

FCD = Future Cruise Deposit purchased onboard, has OBC & each 1 covers deposit in full

FCC = Future Cruise Credit from a canceled cruise that can be used towards the deposit but may or may not cover it in full

But to OP: I got my FCextended to cover a 3/23 cruise and will be requesting my FCD reissued / refunded so that I can use it as a deposit in full on a Japanese itinerary once the 2023 itineraries cone out. My PVP stated that was possible, let's see if that holds true in a few months

10 hours ago, Ombud said:

FCD = Future Cruise Deposit purchased onboard, has OBC & each 1 covers deposit in full

FCC = Future Cruise Credit from a canceled cruise that can be used towards the deposit but may or may not cover it in full

But to OP: I got my FCextended to cover a 3/23 cruise and will be requesting my FCD reissued / refunded so that I can use it as a deposit in full on a Japanese itinerary once the 2023 itineraries cone out. My PVP stated that was possible, let's see if that holds true in a few months

Good explanation.  I often wonder if people confuse the two in their responses.

In the past Princess has always been lenient in pushing out the dates on a FCD and automatically issuing a refund when the FCD expires. (In my experience).

On approximately what date did Princess allow you to use an expiring FCC for a 2023 cruises?  This is the situation that i am in.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

March 10, 2021

Thank you.  I was wondering if Princess has actually tightened up their policy related to 2023 cruises.  It will interesting to see if Princess continues to make exceptions to the new End of December 2022 sail by date.