Silver Muse Recollections

sail1658

Good morning😃what a wonderful video to start the day by!!!!!!  As always, thanks for sharing🙂

Looks like everyone had a great time.  

Question.....in your dinner video.....there looked like a dish of creamed peas........I LOVE creamed peas......🙂was that a soup? Or some sort of appetizer?

The final port of this cruise and disembarkation in Venice is now on YouTube. It includes the early morning arrival into Venice, a short walk into St Marks Square, and the water taxi transfer to Marco Polo Airport. 

• Like 1

Good morning Sail🙂 this is the final video? Awwww......need more.....please😃

I know I am going to Greece next month......now I want to hop over to Venice post cruise instead of coming home LOL.............

You have brought joy to many of us with this videos..........thank you.

Hi Lois

Thanks for all your positive comments about this cruise.

42 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Awwww......need more.....please

I have lots more videos on my YouTube channel from various years and cruise lines. I started this project during the lockdown absence from cruising so that I can relive my cruise memories easily without searching out DVDs.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbYW-Y1IjRSD9MECilTBG5A

My current project is a 2014 Seabourn Sojourn cruise from Athens to Monte Carlo, with a classical concert in Ephesus and also a 2013 Cunard  Queen Victoria Princess Grill Baltic cruise including St. Petersburg and Stockholm.

42 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I want to hop over to Venice

We are also thinking of one of next years Silversea cruises from Venice as we love it so much. 

And of course, we're envious and eager to hear your impressions of your Silver Moon cruise very soon.

Edited by sail1658

• 1 month later...

I've previously posted a number of videos from my personal Youtube channel, Cruise Video Memories.

However from mid July 2021 Youtube have changed their policy and will be putting adverts on all videos which they believe are suitable.

YouTube’s terms of service “Right to Monetize.”

“Starting today we’ll begin slowly rolling out ads on a limited number of videos from channels not in YouTube Partner Program. This means as a creator that’s not in YPP, you may see ads on some of your videos. Since you’re not currently in YPP, you won’t receive a share of the revenue from these ads.”

As I have only 152 subscribers and you need 1,000 subscribers to qualify, and also I never started this project for monetary gain, I think it's only right not to post any further video links on this site and impose advertising on viewers, as I feel this would go against the ethos of these boards.

I'm still uploading videos to Cruise Video Memories channel and I'm working on Silver Spirit Rome to Nice 2017 at present.

But thanks for all the past encouraging comments

I hope to create new memories in 2022 on Silver Dawn if the Venice issue gets resolved.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Lois

We're sure you'll love Silver Muse, as we did. We loved reading about your Silver Moon experience and hope that Silver Muse will measure up to it, as we're sure it will. 

We've never experienced Alaska like you have, or Silver Moon, but we look forward to hearing your reports soon. Hopefully we'll get to enjoy Silver Moon or Silver Dawn next year as we're not quite as adventurous as you are at present. Have a great time, and thanks for all your previous appreciate comments.

10 hours ago, sail1658 said:

I think it's only right not to post any further video links on this site and impose advertising on viewers, as I feel this would go against the ethos of these boards.

I would just say that most of the videos I watch on YouTube have advertising as either a pre-roll video or a pop-up ad. I think anyone who watches anything on YouTube is used to having to dismiss an ad or wait for one to finish in order to see what they want. So I wouldn't let this deter you from using YouTube to share things you want to share, nor to linking to them here.

Nearly everything we do on the Internet, from search to email to breading websites, is monetized with some form of advertising; I don't let it bother me and just ignore it to get to the content I want to see.

19 hours ago, sail1658 said:

Thanks for these encouraging words. Greatly appreciated.

Hope you change your mind.I never notice the ads because the videos are so compelling to regular Silversea cruisers and ideal for helping people who have never cruised before.

Hi Brimary,

Thanks for these kind words which I really appreciate. I'm continuing to post my videos on a regular basis on my YouTube Channel, Cruise Video Memories -

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbYW-Y1IjRSD9MECilTBG5A

I understand that some people are not concerned about adverts, but I know from experience that other people are. So I give people the choice who want to view the videos that they can do so by going directly to my channel and choosing which ones they prefer to view.

I'll post when I've added new videos for Silversea cruises, but I won't embed the video in this site.

At present I'm posting a series of Seabourn Sojourn videos Athens to Monte Carlo and a Cunard Queen Victoria Princess Grill Baltic cruise.

3 hours ago, sail1658 said:

Hi Brimary,

Thanks for these kind words which I really appreciate. I'm continuing to post my videos on a regular basis on my YouTube Channel, Cruise Video Memories -

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbYW-Y1IjRSD9MECilTBG5A

I understand that some people are not concerned about adverts, but I know from experience that other people are. So I give people the choice who want to view the videos that they can do so by going directly to my channel and choosing which ones they prefer to view.

I'll post when I've added new videos for Silversea cruises, but I won't embed the video in this site.

At present I'm posting a series of Seabourn Sojourn videos Athens to Monte Carlo and a Cunard Queen Victoria Princess Grill Baltic cruise.

I really enjoy your videos; I've only been visiting the SS board for a couple of months but I found your videos helpful.  I had no idea about your channel until you mentioned it in your earlier post.  I have book marked it -- a pleasurable way to kill time while awaiting my future cruises.  I deal with YouTube ads when I have to (and Skip Ads as soon as I can) so I appreciate being able to go directly to your channel.

Edited by mchell810

3 minutes ago, mchell810 said:

I really enjoy your videos

Thanks for these kind words. I'm pleased and amazed to hear that others enjoy my videos.

I started the channel as a personal project to keep my memories alive until we can cruise again, - hopefully next year.

I felt that this was the best way to share them so that people can choose to watch them directly from the channel instead of viewing individual videos from this forum.  

• Like 1