CDC-update May 5th

Tjcalley

11 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Thanks!!

Okay, so we're mad because they are mandating the 100% wearing of masks at all time?

Well, as much as I want to cruise, the wife and I do not want to sit poolside wearing a mask. That could be a deal breaker for us.

22 minutes ago, bamaone said:

I'm seeing good potential here. I'm game for more reasons.👍

Prolonged exposure to sun causes sweating.  Sweat spreads in unchlorinated pool water and/or evaporates into air and cloud formations -- to rain down on innocent people

Thus making cruising more dangerous than a trip to Walmart

2 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

Thanks!!

Okay, so we're mad because they are mandating the 100% wearing of masks at all time?

Well, as much as I want to cruise, the wife and I do not want to sit poolside wearing a mask. That could be a deal breaker for us.

That's the deal breaker with most as well as wearing a mask while having an extended dinner (ie. MDR) and having to wear a mask during excursions as well as taking the mandatory cruise line excursion or not be able to get off the boat.

1 hour ago, harkinmr said:

"Taking a stand" does not entitle you to disregard a lawful regulation or a policy put in place by a business.  Stand outside that business and let your voice be heard, post a comment or review on the business's website, or contact local authorities if you believe that the policy is not lawful.  Other than that, comply with the policy or don't patronize the business.  We don't get to choose which laws or policies we don't like and act in contravention of them because we disagree with them.  That's what participating in a free society is all about.  We take our freedoms and liberties tempered by laws, rules and regulations that protect all of us.

The problem with this is that it's not the business' policy.  it's strictly the policy of one branch of government.  The policies put in place by these governors do not have the force of law.  In Ohio, policy changes for public health are only effective for 90 days.  After that the state legislature needs to approve any ongoing policies.  These in Ohio are well over 90 days old.  They only exist now because people aren't rising up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sinbadssailors said:

Prolonged exposure to sun causes sweating.  Sweat spreads in unchlorinated pool water and/or evaporates into air and cloud formations -- to rain down on innocent people

What if it rains on the way to Walmart? So many ridiculous comments on this site. Some, I am sure are intentional.

18 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

Wearing a mask is not discrimination. People might not like it which I get, but that is not a descrimanatory act. Nothing in the bible that says that either. Oh the level of ignorance is amazing. Unless you have some major physical disability that prevents you from wearing one (e.g., COPD), businesses have every right to enforce a mask wearing policy on patrons and/or workers even when no laws exist on that policy. Basic stuff here that is being glossed over by some due to arrogance.

Please stop trying to portray your view as being the same as all Christians' views.

Edited by bucfan2

1 minute ago, ledges1 said:

What if it rains on the way to Walmart? So many ridiculous comments on this site. Some, I am sure are intentional.

I think he/she was being facetious. 

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

Wearing a mask is not discrimination. People might not like it which I get, but that is not a descrimanatory act. Nothing in the bible that says that either. Oh the level of ignorance is amazing. Unless you have some major physical disability that prevents you from wearing one (e.g., COPD), businesses have every right to enforce a mask wearing policy on patrons and/or workers even when no laws exist on that policy. Basic stuff here that is being glossed over by some due to arrogance.

Finally, I know a definition of "arrogance" (I'm from Russia): suffocating yourself by not being able to get a proper air intake in order to sustain its normal supply for a proper life support.  Honestly, that's what I experience all the time with a rag around my face until I near faint (I have no health issues).

I understand we are obliged to sacrifice ourselves... but to what extend?.. 

Just wondering and don't know if this is proper "thread" to ask my question or not - was CDC as involved with cruise lines as they are now - were they always the final say in what was to happen on board - apparently now (for sure) they have all the control?!

52 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

You shouldn't get a ticket or have to go to court for not wearing a seat belt or helmet. It's really revenuing for the most part justified as saving people from themselves. Adults choose risk and live/die with the consequences. Only children need protecting (you should get a ticket for not buckling up kids or putting a helmet on them) but adults can make their own choices. The rest will work itself out naturally.   

If you want to kill yourself, find a way that doesn't raise my insurance rates. Seat belts and helmets save lives.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sinbadssailors said:

Prolonged exposure to sun causes skin cancer. Masks reduce your exposure to sun Thus masks are a cancer preventative.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

If you want to kill yourself, find a way that doesn't raise my insurance rates. Seat belts and helmets save lives.

you could say the same for those who are morbidly obese from stuffing their mouths with food, those who smoke, etc. Not smoking, not stuffing your mouth, not guzzling soda, etc. saves lives and would cut insurance rates. Where do we draw the line?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stallion said:

a reasonable accommodation under the ADA  is to provide online shopping or shopping assistance at the door

Not correct. What if the person doesn't have internet service and is in a wheelchair? Cite the ADA cases that reflect a public accommodation merely is online shopping or to-go assistance.

3 minutes ago, ledges1 said:

Please wear a shirt to prevent skin cancer and hold down my insurance rates.

Exactly. Now let's do auto insurance. No more teenagers or old people driving as they cause the most accidents. Now homeowner's insurance - no more living in a wooded area or by a beach because of the dangers of fires or hurricanes, etc. It's a slippery slope....

10 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Prolonged exposure to sun causes skin cancer. Masks reduce your exposure to sun Thus masks are a cancer preventative.

And less cancer means lower insurance costs...

Oh oh I know....

The CDC could mandate the removal of lounge chairs entirely- keep us out of the sun and away from each other.

For our own good and the health of others

5 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

you could say the same for those who are morbidly obese from stuffing their mouths with food, those who smoke, etc. Not smoking, not stuffing your mouth, not guzzling soda, etc. saves lives and would cut insurance rates. Where do we draw the line?

Somewhere after gun control.

Just now, ChutChut said:

Exactly. Now let's do auto insurance. No more teenagers or old people driving as they cause the most accidents. Now homeowner's insurance - no more living in a wooded area or by a beach because of the dangers of fires or hurricanes, etc. It's a slippery slope....

What about mobile homes