This MSC cruiser is curious.

rkacruiser

What is going on with MSC Meraviglia?  As I type this, she remains in the Port of Miami and has been docked there for several days.  As I watch the port web cams for Miami, etc., this is unusual for other ships that I have observed.  

Any ideas?  

Getting ready for July cruises available on website.

Joking aside, how long has she been there? I think I checked a week ago and she was just east of Port.  NCL Gem was there, a month ago?? for seven days IIRC then is now in Aruba with Sky?  Hard to keep track of all the ships.

That’s a great question.  I’ve noticed that she has been in Miami for well over a week now.  Longest I’ve seen a ship in Miami for a while.  They usually are in and out within a day or two.  Maybe they are working on getting her staffed up for July?  Fingers crossed as we are booked the last week of the month as well.  

• Like 1

Meraviglia arrived at Port of Miami last weekend, just as it was reported that MSC was beginning to get all crew members vaccinated.  

Someone else on CC reported that they'd read there was a pop-up vaccination tent at POM.

Put those two bits of news together, it would appear that MSC crew are being brought in to get vaccinated.  

And since the Mera will be based there for upcoming cruises (July, August, etc.), who knows if she might just stay there.

Just read the newest guidance from the CDC on CC.  I wonder if there may be some internal construction going on within Meraviglia to help meet the CDC guidelines for Social Distancing.  The absolute most crowded area that I experienced was in the forward foyer when the shows let out.  Bulkhead to bulkhead and forward and aft in that space just jammed with people waiting for elevators and needing to wait for quite some time before the crowd thinned.