The Daily for Monday May 10, 2021

richwmn

Today is Clean up Your Room Day, Trust Your Intuition Day, and National Small Business Day

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Meal suggestion for today - Instant Pot Cheeseburger Mac And Cheese

Drink of the Day - Blessmosass

Wine of the day - Dom Perignon Champagne - France - Sparkling

Port of the Day - Valencia Spain

At Sea Pacific
Nieuw Amsterdam Destination Los Angeles eta 5/13

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

La Paz MX
Koningsdam Anchorage
Westerdam Anchorage
Zuiderdam Anchorage

Los Angeles
Noordam

Port Everglades
Nieuw Statendam

Torquay UK
Eurodam Anchorage
Oosterdam

Venice IT
Rotterdam

0510USA.thumb.png.5dc3a273a9c3b7b56fb47d9447431f84.png

0510Europe.thumb.png.866ea520f83cfb09748afd3629a8eeef.png

0510Rotterdam.thumb.png.f047d11493b2f7b88862ca7cfed095fb.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for the Monday Daily, Rich.  Working on cleaning up my room.  A salute to Small Business.  I often trust my intuition but not always.  I know I've been to Valencia on a BHB but may be too busy to post photos.  The meal suggestion sounds nice.  My alternative is Melon Trio and Chicken Cordon Bleu which I would have had on the MS Amsterdam April 16,  if I had not been in the Pinnacle Grill that night.  The Nieuw Statendam now has a pilot on board and will arrive in Everglades shortly..

Today's care list:

Kakalina

myself facing cardiac surgery May 14

Welfare of furloughed crews

India

JazzyV eye issues

Garlictown difficutl recovery from arm surgery

Sharon’s ear issues

Knee replacement for redbird57 DH

NextOne DH recovering from surgery

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates

Front Line Health Care Workers

Getaways for AncientWanderer and CruisingAlong

Nieuw Statendam back at PE Monday

Getaway for CruisingAlong

First jab for Marmot@sea

second jabs for cunnorl’s DD and Ds

lindaler visit from oldest DS

StLouisCruiser’s Dsis out of ICU

CrabbiPatti taking DM out for an uncrowded Mothers Day Lunch

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 5

Good morning and thanks for the daily report Rich.  What an appropriate day to follow Mother’s Day, I guess it’s back to work for mothers!  It’s always best to trust your intuition.  Cheers to small businesses who keep our economy humming.  The quote is appropriate on this gray rainy Monday I need to summon the ambition just to get out of bed.  Don’t have an instant pot so today’s dinner is a no go. Happy Monday all.

• Like 14

Good morning!   

Our rain has moved out and it is supposed to be a little warmer with some sun added in.  Fingers crossed.  

Today's meal looks a lot like Hamburger Helper, but I'll bet better due to using fresh ingredients instead of a flavor pouch.  It may be good, but with all the carbs it is a no go for me.   Fish and veggies are on the menu for tonight.

https://damndelicious.net/2019/12/06/instant-pot-cheeseburger-mac-and-cheese/

Instant-Pot-Cheeseburger-Mac-and-CheeseIMG_0650.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

I try to keep my room clean, but I'll make an extra effort today.  I trust my intuition, but sometimes it's wrong.

The meal sounds good.

Another port I have not been to, maybe next year. 😉

Sending prayers for everyone.

A bright cool day here.  Hope everyone has a good Monday.

Stay safe.

• Like 16

Good morning.  I try to keep my room clean and will visit small businesses when I can.  Today's recipe is one of our favorites made in the pressure cooker.  I add a can of cheddar cheese soup to it to make it more cheesy.  I trust my intuition a lot and it seems to help me avoid problems sometimes.  Looking forward to the photo's of today's port.

I could not find anything on today's drink of the day.  Hopefully someone will have information.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.  Love that the celebration list is getting so long.

Stay safe, social distance, and please continue to wear your mask.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, summer slope said:

I could not find anything on today's drink of the day. 

Here's what you reported on December 25, 2020:

Blessmosass

2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 (32-oz) container cranberry juice
½ gal. apple cider
1 bottle prosecco
1 apple, ½ diced and ½ sliced into half moons, for garnish
1 package whole cranberries

Combine sugar and cinnamon on a shallow plate. Dip the rim of each glass in water, then dip into the cinnamon-brown sugar mixture, coating the edge of each glass.
Fill each Champagne flute ¼ of the way up with cranberry juice. Fill halfway up with apple cider. Top with Prosecco and a few cranberries and diced apple pieces.
Garnish with an apple slice.

Edited by Cruise Suzy
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, summer slope said:

I could not find anything on today's drink of the day. 

This was posted Christmas Day last year

On 12/25/2020 at 7:11 AM, summer slope said:

Merry Christmas to all the dailyites.  What a blessed place this has become.  Have a pumpkin pie ready for dinner, and dinner will be the meal of the day.  Prayers for our lists, and everyone who is here.  Congratulations to our other list. Please stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.  We want you all here!

Blessmosas:

Ingredients
  • 2 tbsp. sugar
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 (32-oz) container cranberry juice
  • ½ gal. apple cider
  • 1 bottle prosecco
  • 1 apple, ½ diced and ½ sliced into half moons, for garnish
  • 1 package whole cranberries

Instructions
  1. Combine sugar and cinnamon on a shallow plate. Dip the rim of each glass in water, then dip into the cinnamon-brown sugar mixture, coating the edge of each glass.
  2. Fill each Champagne flute ¼ of the way up with cranberry juice. Fill halfway up with apple cider. Top with Prosecco and a few cranberries and diced apple pieces.
  3. Garnish with an apple slice.

Screen Shot 2020-12-25 at 7.05.46 AM.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! A wonderful collection of days. Happy that my room is clean! Cheers to all our small businesses - they need all the support we can give them. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters! Lovely day here, but it is going to warm up fast. I have seen this year’s twins for the past two mornings, but finally caught them in a pic!  They were very interested in Bindi.
80387D20-DDD8-4556-96B8-17676482E078.jpeg.73da1bf04edf68df729293fa31bf6a76.jpeg

B660F638-D598-4312-AC0F-71B4B8571990.jpeg.ef20578a52a810006f73c6e8872cbe6b.jpeg

Great quote. Pass on the meal and drink. A busy day for me starting with the gym. I have some carbs to work off.😎

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

This is the one wine, I may not even need to write about. But I did find some interesting info about how this famous brand is created. And after hearing that a bottle of “P3” mentioned below can sell for more than $3,200.00, the $169.88 that a bottle from the 2010 vintage’s first bottling costs does not seem so bad. 😎I have enjoyed it at several special events, and it is a lovely champagne. 

From Wikipedia: Dom Pérignon is always an assemblage of Pinot noir and Chardonnay grapes, although the final composition changes every vintage: at times a blend in perfectly equal proportions (e.g. 1990 Rosé), at times up to 60% Chardonnay (1982) or 60% Pinot noir (1969), and only once going over 60% (with 65% Chardonnay in 1970).[12] According to Richard Geoffroy's Manifesto and blog: "Dom Pérignon expresses its first plénitude after seven years in the cellar", with a second plénitude 12 to 15 years after the vintage (first Œnothèque release, now referred to as P2) and a third plénitude after 30 to 40 years (second Œnothèque release, now referred to as P3).[13][14]Around 2016, the producer stopped using the Œnothèque designation and started labeling new plénitude releases as P2 or P3, providing more clarity to the disgorgement date than the Œnothèque designation. The grapes entering the blend come from the best, most sunlit sites. Serena Sutcliffe comments: "With age, Dom Pérignon takes on a totally seductive fresh-toast-and-coffee bouquet, one of the most intriguing scents in Champagne."

JS98 James Suckling: A firm and vivid Champagne with a precise, focused palate. Full-bodied and dry. It’s very layered and bright with light pineapple, peach, praline, cooked-apple and stone aromas and flavors. It’s very subtle and focused at the end. Integrated with richness and high acidity. Good depth. Reminds me of the 1995. Very clean. Solid. Lovely to drink already, but will age nicely. 
WW96 Wilfred Wong of Wine.com: The 2010 Dom Pérignon is a masterful effort as expected. Chef de Cave Vincent Chaperon accepted a challenging vintage and handled it with care producing a wine of outstanding qualities. I tasted the wine over two days and found that it grew in the bottle, which isn't always the case. TASTING NOTES: This wine shows exceptional freshness and persistence. Its pinpoint beads lead to aromas and flavors of tart apple tension, refreshing minerality, and suggestions of savory spices. 
WS96 Wine Spectator: A graceful Champagne, featuring fragrant notes of toasted brioche and grilled nut that are more subtle on the palate, transitioning to a rich underpinning layered with a pure chime of tangerine and accents of candied ginger, toasted saffron and lime blossom. This bundles a lot of concentrated flavor into a lithe frame. The fine mousse caresses the palate through to the lasting finish. Drink now through 2035.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  @rafinmdthanks for the heads up on the NS.  I watched her come into port then signed into work to catch up from a long weekend.  I enjoy a good Mac and cheese.  One of my favorites is the Buffalo Mac and cheese at Druthers in Saratoga, NY.  When I visit the hospital for work it is a must stop.  They are a brewery and their beer is good too.  Yesterday we took another run to the garden center, adopted several plants and created a new flower bed.  The overnight rain is well appreciated.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Good morning!   

Our rain has moved out and it is supposed to be a little warmer with some sun added in.  Fingers crossed.  

Today's meal looks a lot like Hamburger Helper, but I'll bet better due to using fresh ingredients instead of a flavor pouch.  It may be good, but with all the carbs it is a no go for me.   Fish and veggies are on the menu for tonight.

https://damndelicious.net/2019/12/06/instant-pot-cheeseburger-mac-and-cheese/

Instant-Pot-Cheeseburger-Mac-and-CheeseIMG_0650.jpg

You make it look tasty!

• Like 5