Privee Dining

jeno

1 minute ago, pinotlover said:

It WAS $300 to book starting a few months back. That came from ACTUALLY booking it through my TA, not talking to a clerk on 1-800.

How far in advance could you book or does it depend on cabin category? 

6 minutes ago, jeno said:

How far in advance could you book or does it depend on cabin category? 

Upon my request, my TA booked it for me  in March for my upcoming Jan 22 cruise. Past performance is no guarantee of future actions.

Carefully read: “ my TA booked it for me”! That’s what she does. I would never make any assumption that” I” could have done it myself at that time. I would almost guarantee a different world for DIYers here hanging out on 1-800.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Upon my request, my TA booked it for me  in March for my upcoming Jan 22 cruise. Past performance is no guarantee of future actions.

Carefully read: “ my TA booked it for me”! That’s what she does. I would never make any assumption that” I” could have done it myself at that time. I would almost guarantee a different world for DIYers here hanging out on 1-800.

Buy em books and buy em books, all they do............

On 5/12/2021 at 2:33 PM, Jancruz said:

..but why do other people pay money for the room

Hi, Jan -

We always book it twice.  The first time, it's for the two of us and, in many cases, corresponds with a special occasion; e.g. a birthday or anniversary.  It's nice to be away from the hum of the dining rooms and to have a couple of staff members that are focused specifically on us.  The staff members in various dining rooms are always excellent but there's nothing quite like dedicated, personal service.  While we could ask the butlers for in-suite service, there can be lags and delays as they run up-and-down to the kitchen and meeting the needs of other passengers.

Our second reservation is near the end of the cruise, when we ask 8-10 people we've met to join us for a special evening.  Normally, everyone meets in our suite for cocktails and hors d’oeuvres for an hour or so, and then we head up to Privée.  We bring special wines we've brought with us to complement those we've purchased on board for that evening.  It's a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the camaraderie and bonhomie of shared and divergent experiences on the cruise, as we all prepare for it to end - and to do it as a group at a single table.

In all, $500 (or $600, depending on who you talk to) before beverages & tips, is money well spent.

Edited by Cliff-FLL
Clarity.
  • Like 4

My problem is..I used Privee many times when the Marina and Riviera were first out thats when when they cooked what you wanted to order,  you would meet with the chef and go over the menu and the food was like La Reserve....so for me to pay for the room and order from Toscana and Polo..I cant see it because I was VERY spoiled..BUT that being said if you enjoy the evening by all means its a good use of your dollars..

Have fun..any day on a ship is a good day!!

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

2 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

My problem is..I used Privee many times when they cooked what you wanted to order,  you would meet with the chef and go over the menu and the food was like La Reserve....so for me to pay for the room and order from Toscana and Polo..I cant see it because I was VERY spoiled..BUT that being said if you enjoy the evening by all means its a good use of your dollars..

Have fun..any day on a ship is a good day!!

Jancruz1

My problem with Priveé is the decor - looks a bit too much like a bad dream in which a Trump marries a Kardashian.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

My problem with Priveé is the decor - looks a bit too much like a bad dream in which a Trump marries a Kardashian.

ROTFL it is rather stark!!

Jancruz1

39 minutes ago, Cliff-FLL said:

Our second reservation is near the end of the cruise, when we ask 8-10 people we've met to join us for a special evening.  Normally, everyone meets in our suite for cocktails and hors d’oeuvres for an hour or so, and then we head up to Privée. 

I was  one of those invitees and it was a lovely and memorable night with very gracious hosts.

17 hours ago, Cliff-FLL said:

Our second reservation is near the end of the cruise, when we ask 8-10 people we've met to join us for a special evening.  Normally, everyone meets in our suite for cocktails and hors d’oeuvres for an hour or so, and then we head up to Privée.  We bring special wines we've brought with us to complement those we've purchased on board for that evening.  It's a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the camaraderie and bonhomie of shared and divergent experiences on the cruise, as we all prepare for it to end - and to do it as a group at a single table.

16 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

I was  one of those invitees and it was a lovely and memorable night with very gracious hosts.

As were we -- MrCoolChile and myself.  Incredible evening.  Incredible hosts. And we remember most of it.